A Salicylic peel is a superficial chemical peel that alters the uppermost layer of the skin to treat numerous skin concerns including acne, large pores, blackheads and oily skins.
Table of Contents
How is it done?
Initially, the target areas are cleaned and prepared for the treatment. The salicylic peel substance is then applied to the surface of the skin and is left on the skin for a required period anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes. You may feel slight tingling and warm effect during the application of the salicylic peel, but these normally disappear in a very short time.
The lesser downtime and minimal discomfort make this treatment a lunchtime procedure. These peels are applied two times in a week to achieve the desired outcomes.
Who is the candidate?
The Salicylic Acid Peel is an extremely supportive skin peel for individuals with the following skin needs:
- Those who want a shallow light skin peel
- Those who to exfoliate acne
- Those with discoloration because of the sun or the veil of pregnancy, melasma.
- Those who are tired of bleaching creams.
- Those who need facial restoration but are not ready to undergo deep skin peels
- Those with darker skin who are a bad contender for the TCA peel.
Is treatment painful?
The treatment is completely non-invasive that it means it induces no pain. There is minimal discomfort during the procedure but that can be minimized through a numbing agent.
How to prepare?
You will be having a pre-op meeting with your therapist at Euromed Clinic Dubai. In this session, your doctor will guide you properly on how to prepare yourself for the upcoming treatment. Here are a few of the guidelines.
- Avoid makeup and other facial products for a week before the treatment
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Do not wax and pluck at the targeted areas for at least a week before the procedure
- Avoid self-tanning and use sunscreen
After your procedure, you will be handed a brief list of instructions for protecting your treated areas.
- Abstain from sun complete sun exposure for at least 2 days after the procedure
- Use only prescribed medicines
- Avoid waxing and plucking for a few days
- Try not to peel, pick, rub, scratch, or utilize a veil or facial clean on your skin.
- Avoid any Retin-A products, Glycolic peeling gels, and washes for 48 hours.
- Wear sunshade or sunscreen.
Salicylic Peel FAQ’s
Is there any Downtime?
No, there is no downtime and you can resume your daily life right after the treatment.
What are the benefits of Salicylic Peel?
The salicylic peel specifically targets the epidermis correcting dozens of skin concerns including:
• Correct the dullness of the skin
• Removes pores
• Treats the sun harmed skin
• Keratinolytic in real life, which implies that it evacuates the abundance of keratin (a sort of protein) from the skin’s surface and further aids in unclogging the pores
• Treats hyperpigmentation of various types, for example, spots, lentigines (age spots or liver spots), melasma, and skin break out imprints
• Removes whiteheads, blackheads and acne scars
• Lessens post-skin inflammation redness and aggravation
• Influences the skin to seem firm and supple as it initiates collagen creation
• Helps the composition
• Minimizes large pores
• Gives the skin a characteristic shine
Are there side-effects?
You may experience redness, dryness and pigmentary changes in your skin after the procedure. The majority of the symptoms do not stay for a long period and disappear in few days.
What is the recovery period?
Salicylic Acid Peel, being a light peel, does not have major side-effects. This makes the recovery period negligible after the peel session, which is the reason this peel is called as the ‘noon peel’ in some cases.
Consultation at EuroMed Clinic
Euromed Clinic Center is offering the best and result oriented salicylic peels in Dubai for its valued patients. To know more about the treatment and its results, this is the best time to reach out to us by booking a consultation. Our skincare expert will examine your problem and will propose the best possible solution for you.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Benjamin HansonPhysician Consultant Family Medicine
Dr. Benjamin Hanson is a board-certified and DHA-licensed consultant physician having 26+ years of experience. Moreover, he is an authorized Recreational Diving Medical Examiner and CASA Aviation Medical Examiner.Read more
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi MDPhysician Specialist Dermatology
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi has been in the field of dermatology since 2003. She is a DHA-licensed dermatologist specializing in advanced laser techniques, Botox, PRP therapy, rosacea treatment, etc.Read more
Lola Ali MuhammadAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Lola Ali Muhammad is a DHA-licensed laser and beauty therapist having more than 20 years of experience. She is highly experienced in anti-aging medicine, bio-revitalization, cellulite removal treatments, etc.Read more
Dalya SagerAllied Health Technician Laser Hair ReductionRead more
Joyce Ann CasilangAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more