How is it done?
Initially, the target areas are cleaned and prepared for the treatment. The salicylic peel substance is then applied to the surface of the skin and is left on the skin for a required period anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes. You may fee slight tingling and warm effect during the application of salicylic peel, but these normally disappear in a very short time.
The lesser downtime and minimal discomfort make this treatment a lunchtime procedure. These peels are applied two times in a week to achieve the desired outcomes.
Who is the candidate?
The Salicylic Acid Peel is an extremely supportive skin peel for individuals with the following skin needs:
- Those who want a shallow light skin peel
- Those who to exfoliate acne
- Those with discoloration because of the sun or the veil of pregnancy, melasma.
- Those who are tired of bleaching creams.
- Those who need facial restoration but are not ready to undergo deep skin peels
- Those with darker skin who are a bad contender for the TCA peel.
Is treatment painful?
The treatment is completely non-invasive that it means it induces no pain. There is a minimal discomfort during the procedure but that can be minimized through a numbing agent.
How to prepare?
You will be having a pre-op meeting with your therapist at Euromed Clinic Dubai. In this session, your doctor will guide you properly on how to prepare yourself for the upcoming treatment. Here are few of the guidelines.
- Avoid makeup and other facial products for a week before the treatment
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Do not wax and pluck at the targeted areas for at least a week before the procedure
- Avoid self-tanning and use sunscreen
After your procedure, you will be handed with a brief list of instructions for protecting your treated areas.
- Abstain from sun complete sun exposure for at least 2 days after the procedure
- Use only prescribed medicines
- Avoid waxing and plucking for few days
- Try not to peel, pick, rub, scratch, or utilize a veil or facial clean on your skin.
- Avoid any Retin-A products, Glycolic peeling gels, and washes for 48 hours.
- Wear sunshade or sunscreen.
Salicylic Peel FAQ’s
Is there any Downtime?
No, there is no downtime and you can resume your daily life right after the treatment.
What are the benefits of Salicylic Peel?
The salicylic peel specifically targets the epidermis correcting dozens of skin concerns including:
• Correct the dullness of the skin
• Removes pores
• Treats the sun harmed skin
• Keratinolytic in real life, which implies that it evacuates the abundance of keratin (a sort of protein) from the skin’s surface and further aids in unclogging the pores
• Treats hyperpigmentation of various types, for example, spots, lentigines (age spots or liver spots), melasma, and skin break out imprints
• Removes whiteheads, blackheads and acne scars
• Lessens post-skin inflammation redness and aggravation
• Influences the skin to seem firm and supple as it initiates collagen creation
• Helps the composition
• Minimizes large pores
• Gives the skin a characteristic shine
Are there side-effects?
You may experience redness, dryness and pigmentary changes in your skin after the procedure. The majority of the symptoms do not stay for a long period and disappear in few days.
What is the recovery period?
Salicylic Acid Peel, being a light peel, does not have major side-effects. This makes the recovery period negligible after the peel session, which is the reason this peel is called as the ‘noon peel’ in some cases.
Consultation at EuroMed Clinic
Euromed Clinic Center is offering the best and result oriented salicylic peels in Dubai for its valued patients. To know more about the treatment and its results, this is the best time to reach out to us by booking a consultation. Our skincare expert will examine your problem and will propose the best possible solution for you.
Check Out Our Specialist’s Profile
Aesthetic and Family Medicine Consultant Dr. Ben is a highly trained and internationally experienced and ethical Aesthetic and Cosmetic Physician. He is a Board-Certified and a Member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM). He is a member of the prestigious Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine. He is skilled at minimally invasive aesthetic procedures to restore and rejuvenate the face and body. His aesthetic goal is to obtain natural and elegant results for women and men, using the latest techniques from Europe, Australasia, and North America. He is very experienced in: Chemical peels Muscle-relaxing…Read more
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi is a highly experienced dermatologist, a pioneer in the use of advanced laser treatments in Pakistan, and a doctorate in medicine. Dr. Abbasi has garnered a distinct reputation as a celebrity dermatologist and aesthetic skin specialist. She brings prestige with her name and is sought by those who do not settle for less. Her techniques are revolutionary in anti-aging treatments. She is the most sought-after doctor for her artistically performed Botox and Filler procedures. Moreover, she is also known for coining the term, DFA Signature Liquid Face Sculpting. Dr. Abbasi has been…Read more
With more than 20 years of experience in aesthetic medicine, Lola has carved a reputation as one of the best laser therapists and anti-aging experts in the Middle East and Europe. After completing a six-year doctorate as an Obstetrician-Gynecologist at Almaty, Kazakhstan State Medical University, Lola’s interest turned to aesthetic medicine, which led to her pursuing more studies in this area at the prestigious “Education Centre Elida” in Moscow. With her medical degree and her qualifications in aesthetics, Lola decided to gain more training in mass cosmetics and skincare treatments; undertaking courses in Paris, New…Read more
Dalya Sager is a licensed skin laser specialist. Having worked in the healthcare industry for more than 20 years, Dalya comes with a wealth of clinical expertise. A licensed skin laser specialist and former owner of a successful skin health clinic in the UK. She began her career after the completion of both a BSc In Human Genetics at UCL and MSc in Medical Biochemistry, working in laboratories of London hospitals and well respected and pioneering research institution before transitioning into the dermatology division an established pharmaceutical company where her interest in skin began. In…Read more
Joyce Ann Mendoza is a very capable and accomplished laser skin therapist. She is known for her remarkable skill with the latest laser tech and other modern clinical procedures. Joyce started her professional career as a licensed nurse in the Philippines. She practiced nursing for many years but never did settle for that. After moving to the UAE, she fell in love with Cosmetology as she was always passionate about body aesthetic procedures. After completing her laser competence course from the Institute of Medical Aesthetics Mendoza started off as a laser therapist. In no time…Read more