Fractional CO2 Laser is an advanced skin resurfacing treatment that combines the effectiveness of traditional carbon dioxide lasers. CO2 lasers have long been thought to be the gold standard in wrinkle removal. Instead of removing the entire topmost layer of the skin like traditional lasers, this advanced laser targets the deeper skin tissues. This Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure promises to achieve outstanding, long-term results in one or two sessions, with minimal healing time. It is an incredible anti-aging treatment that reduces the appearance of numerous aging signs such as wrinkles, freckles, and pigmentation.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aim of the Treatment
- 2 Candidacy Criteria
- 3 Machine We Use
- 4 Pre-Procedure Care
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Post-Procedure Care
- 7 Recovery and Results
- 8 Benefits
- 9 Risks
- 10 Fractional CO2 Laser Dubai Price
- 11 Sellas Fractional Co2 FAQs
- 12 Consult an Expert
Aim of the Treatment
Fractional Laser Dubai aims to:
- Eliminate wrinkles and fine lines
- Treat scarring
- Improve uneven skin tone and texture
- Treat Dyschromia
- Remove pigmentation abnormalities
- Reverse aging signs
- Tighten the skin
- Stimulate collagen production
- Enhance skin complexion
- Remove surgical scars
Anyone can get CO2 Laser Dubai once they are declared suitable candidates for the procedure. To become the ideal candidate, you need to have one or more of the following skin conditions:
- Fine lines or wrinkles
- Facial creases
- Acne or surgical scars
- Non-responsive skin after a facelift
- Sagging skin
- Stretch marks
- Large pores
- Freckles and blemishes
- Dull and uneven skin
Machine We Use
At Euromed Clinic Center, we use the DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 Laser for Fractional CO2 Dubai Treatment.
Although Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment is not a surgical treatment, candidates need to prepare their skin before the procedure. It helps achieve optimum results without any complications. Generally, an expert provides pre-procedure guidelines, however, some general instructions are as follows:
- Stop using Retin-A ointments at least 2-4 weeks before the treatment.
- Do not take blood-thinning medications, such as ibuprofen and aspirin. Some patients may need to continue taking certain medications for health reasons, so it’s important to consult with a medical professional before stopping any medication.
- Avoid taking supplements, such as vitamins, fish oil, etc., without consulting your doctor.
- Start applying the doctor-prescribed skin lightening cream (if any) at least 3-4 weeks before the treatment.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that can be easily removed on the day of the treatment.
- Avoid wearing any makeup, cream, lotion, or skincare product on the day of the treatment.
When the natural aging process combines with pollution and sun exposure, it destroys collagen. Collagen is the primary protein found in connective tissue responsible for keeping the skin plump and wrinkle-free. Laser resurfacing uses beams of laser light to bore tiny holes in the skin, stimulating the body’s natural collagen production. As a result, it promotes collagen remodeling in the deeper layers of the skin. The new collagen and elastin fiber that is formed helps achieve healthier, firmer, and tighter skin.
The step-by-step procedure for CO2 Fractional Laser Dubai is as follows:
- First of all, the dermatologist will cleanse the treatment area.
- Then, he/she will apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area for about 30-45 minutes.
- After numbing the skin, he/she will use a handheld device to target the treatment area with a fractional CO2 laser.
- Once the dermatologist has targeted the entire treatment area with laser beams, he/she will conclude the treatment.
- In the end, he/she will apply a topical antibiotic to the treatment area.
There are a few aftercare instructions that your dermatologist will advise you to follow. To get the maximum results out of the treatment, you need to act on their guidelines. Some general aftercare instructions are given below:
- Keep the treated areas covered as per the dermatologist’s instructions.
- On the first night after the surgery, keep your head slightly elevated while sleeping.
- To avoid irritation to the eye, a lubricant can be used as prescribed.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure.
- Avoid showering in hot water.
- Keep your skin moisturised and hydrated.
- Continue applying the ointment if needed.
- Use non-irritating skin products.
- Apply mineral makeup, if needed.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
Recovery and Results
Candidates may experience a tingling sensation during Fraxel Laser Dubai treatment. However, the advanced technique employed by the SELLAS Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing prevents damage to the top layer of skin. Due to this, it offers maximum results with minimal recovery time.
Right after the treatment, the skin may become reddish, and this condition can last for several days to a week, depending on the individual’s skin type and treatment intensity. You may be able to resume some of your regular activities the next day after the treatment, but it’s essential to follow aftercare instructions and avoid activities that could irritate the treated area. Depending on the intensity of the treatment and your job requirements, taking a few days off from work may be recommended.
Fractional CO2 Laser has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- It has a variety of treatment choices as compared to other CO2 lasers.
- The treatment is very effective and easy to manage, with a higher patient satisfaction rate.
- This laser provides better control with the latest randomization technology.
- It is less discomforting than other CO2 laser procedures.
- Fractional CO2 lasers are ablative lasers that remove the outer layers of the skin to promote new skin growth.
- The procedure is performed under topical anesthesia which helps avoid any pain or discomfort.
- It is an excellent non-surgical alternative to a surgical facelift.
The new SELLAS Fractional CO2 Laser delivers incredible results without any major side effects. The side effects are less severe compared to traditional CO2 lasers. However, some side effects can still occur, such as redness, swelling, peeling, or a risk of infection.
Fractional CO2 Laser Dubai Price
The Fractional Laser Dubai price starts at 2000 AED for a single session. However, this is not the final cost, so you need to consult an expert if you want to know the exact cost in your case. Apart from that, factors that can affect the price of treatment are the following:
- Skin type and tone
- The severity of the skin condition
- Number of sessions
- Desired results
- Dermatologist’s expertise
- Clinic’s location
Sellas Fractional Co2 FAQs
How long the will the results of laser resurfacing skin last?
Results of laser skin resurfacing can vary, but they typically last from several months to a few years, depending on factors such as the type of laser, the individual's skin type, and their lifestyle.
When is the right time to have laser skin resurfacing?
When you start noticing wrinkles and unwanted changes in your skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist or a qualified professional to determine if laser skin resurfacing is suitable for your specific skin condition and concerns.
Does laser skin resurfacing hurt?
For the treatment of a single part of the face, local anesthesia or numbing cream may be used. This makes it a pain-free treatment.
What is the suitable time have the treatment?
While laser skin resurfacing can generally be performed at any time of the year, it is essential to avoid excessive sun exposure before and after the procedure.
The downtime for social activities after laser skin resurfacing can vary depending on the type of laser used and the individual's healing process. Mild procedures may require only a few days, while more aggressive treatments could take several weeks.
Consult an Expert
Still, confused about the Fractional CO2 Laser Dubai and want to know more about the procedure, benefits, and possible outcomes? Please reach out to us by booking online consultation just by filling out the form. Our expert dermatologists will examine your skin problem and propose the best possible solution for it. So, schedule an appointment now to get flawless skin in no time.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more