Dubbed the anti-aging breakthrough of the decade, this re-surfacing treatment combines the effectiveness of traditional carbon dioxide lasers, which have long-thought to be the gold standard in wrinkle removal, with a new application technique, the Sellas fractional CO2 laser delivers powerful results without the traditionally harsh side effects. With its unsurpassed technology, the Sellas fractional CO2 laser resurfacing procedure promises to achieve outstanding, long-term results in only one or two sessions, with minimal healing time.
What can the Sellas fractional CO2 laser treat?
- Deep-set wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven texture
- Dyschromia and other pigmentation abnormalities.
Candidacy for the procedure
You are a good candidate for laser skin surfacing if:
- You have fine lines or wrinkles any area of your skin.
- You have shallow scars from acne or non-responsive skin after a facelift
- You have uneven pigmentation
However, it is always recommended to consult a qualified dermatologist in your area who has notable experience in the field of laser skin care.
Is treatment painful?
Although patients may experience a tingling sensation during the treatment, unlike traditional laser resurfacing techniques, the advanced technique employed by the Sellas fractional CO2 laser resurfacing prevents damage to the top layer of skin, offering maximum results with minimal recovery time.
How does it work?
The natural aging process, combined with exposure to sun and pollution, destroys collagen, the main protein found in connective tissue that is responsible for keeping skin plump and line-free. Laser resurfacing uses beamlets of energy light to bore tiny holes in the skin, which works to put the body’s natural collagen production on fast-forward and which promotes collagen remodeling in the lower levels of the skin. The subsequent new collagen and elastin fiber that is formed translates into healthier, firmer, and tighter skin.
What to expect?
Right after the treatment, the skin may become reddish. This condition will last for approximately 48 hours. There will be slight peeling after that and may remain for few days. You can start your normal activities the next day of treatment but remember to properly act upon the aftercare instructions. However, it is always recommended to take a few days rest from your work.
Key Benefits of Sellas Fractional CO2 Laser in comparison with other CO2 Lasers
- Exceptional scientific results
- It has wider ranges of treatment choices as compared to other CO2 lasers
- The treatment is very effective and easy to manage, with higher patient satisfaction rate.
- Has almost no downtime
- Better control with latest randomization technology
- It is less discomforting than other procedures
Post Op care
There are few aftercare instructions that your surgeon will advise you to follow. In order to get the maximum results out of the treatment, you just need to act upon the way your doctor instructs you. Some of the aftercare instructions are given below.
- Keep the treated areas covered as per surgeon’s instruction
- Take your first dose of medicines if instructed
- On the first night after the surgery, keep your head slightly elevated while sleeping
- To avoid irritation to the eye, a lubricant can be used as prescribed.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure
- Avoid showering with hot water
- Keep your skin moist
- Continue applying the ointment if needed.
- Use non-irritating skin products
- Apply mineral makeup, if needed.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
Sellas Fractional Co2 FAQ’s
How long the will the results of laser resurfacing skin last?
Results of laser skin resurfacing last for many years.
When is the right time to have laser skin resurfacing?
When you start noticing the wrinkles and unwanted changes in your skin, it is the right to undergo the laser skin surfacing. Moreover, no matter old you are, laser skin resurfacing will benefit you.
Does laser skin resurfacing hurt?
For the treatment of a single part of the face, local freezing is used. Whereas, to be applied on full face, an anesthesia is needed to be administered. This makes it a pain-free treatment.
What is the suitable time have the treatment?
It can be performed at any time around the year.
When can I resume social activities?
It is recommended to halt your social activities for about 2-3 weeks after the treatment.
How much improvement of wrinkles can I expect?
CO2 laser is highly effective in reducing wrinkles. However, it the amount of improvement may vary from person to person.
If you are still confused about the CO2 fractional laser skin resurfacing in Dubai and want to know more about the procedure, benefits, and possible outcomes, reach out to us by booking a free consultation just by filling the form. Our expert Dermatologist will examine your problem and will propose a best possible solution for your problem.