Scrotox was first used purely for medical purposes to relieve pain in the testicle area (scrotum). However, with the passage of time, men began using it to enhance the overall appearances of the testes. But does it work? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Scrotox?
- 2 What are the claimed benefits of Scrotox?
- 3 What is Botox and how does it work in Scrotox?
- 4 How is the Scrotox procedure performed?
- 5 What is the cost of Scrotox treatment in Dubai?
- 6 What are the Risks and Side Effects of Scrotox
- 7 Options other than Scrotox
- 8 Consultation
What is Scrotox?
“Scrotox” is a term that refers to the use of Botox injections in the scrotum (the sac of skin covering the testes). The idea behind this non-surgical cosmetic treatment is to mitigate testicular pain and improve the appearance of wrinkles and sagging in the scrotal area that some men may find unappealing.
What are the claimed benefits of Scrotox?
It’s a fact that the FDA has not approved Scrotox yet, but still, several studies and pieces of research have given positive outcomes. In 2018, a literature search was conducted and it was concluded that BoNT-A can be a potential therapy for erectile dysfunction.
Similarly, the National Centre for Biotechnology Information also carried out a study in 2018 mentioning that injecting Botox into the smooth muscles of the scrotum can help reduce wrinkles. The following are some of the claimed not proven benefits of Scrotox.
- Alleviate pain in the testicular area
- Wrinkles become less noticeable
- Testes sweat less and so prevent you from smelly balls.
- The volume of the testes increases, which your partner may appreciate during intimate moments.
- Boost self-confidence
- Study shows that it can help in ED.
- Helps increase the volume of the scrotum.
What is Botox and how does it work in Scrotox?
Botox is a type of injectable neuromodulator that is commonly used in cosmetic treatments to temporarily paralyse the muscles that cause wrinkles. When injected into the scrotal area, it can relax the muscles and smooth out wrinkles in the skin, resulting in a tighter and more youthful-looking appearance.
How is the Scrotox procedure performed?
Scrotox is a relatively new and controversial procedure, and its safety and effectiveness have not been extensively studied. Therefore, you need to consult with a qualified medical professional to figure out your requirements and let the doctor decide whether you are a suitable candidate for this treatment or not. Generally, the doctor advises the following instructions:
- Avoid taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen, aspirin, as well as certain vitamins, supplements, and anticoagulants.
- Cut down on drinking alcohol and stop smoking a week prior to the treatment.
- Shower and clean the treatment area before arriving for the procedure.
Scrotox is a simple procedure. Upon reaching the clinic, your doctor will examine your overall health such as blood pressure and sugar level. After that:
- Your healthcare provider will apply the numbing gel or ointment to the scrotum (the lower skin of the testes).
- Afterward, he will mark the safe areas for injecting Botox.
- Now, he will insert the needle (Botox) into your scrotum.
- The doctor will repeat the injection process, depending upon the individual case.
- If there is any bleeding, he will clean it with cotton and the process comes to an end.
- This process can only take between 2-4 minutes.
Post-procedure care and Recovery
There are no specific dos and don’ts for Scrotox. This procedure is quick, minimally invasive, and requires little care. Usually, doctors suggest avoiding sexual activity for 24-48 hours. Apart from that, within a few days to a week, you will be able to notice an appealing change in your scrotum’s appearance.
What is the cost of Scrotox treatment in Dubai?
The cost of Scrotox depends on the number of injections you received for your treatment. Similarly, the geographical location of the clinic, doctor’s fee, and medications can also play a vital role in deciding the actual price of the treatment.
Can Insurance Cover Scrotox?
No, Scrotox is considered a cosmetic procedure and therefore, insurance doesn’t cover it. However, if your health condition is at stake – pain or chronic condition – then your insurance plan will cover it.
What are the Risks and Side Effects of Scrotox
As with any medical procedure, there are potential side effects that can occur. Some common side effects of Scrotox include:
- Pain and discomfort in the treated area. This usually resolves within a few days.
- Swelling and bruising in the scrotum, which usually subsides within a couple of days.
- Redness, warmth, and pain in the treated area.
- Some people may have an allergic reaction to the Botox injection, which can cause itching, hives, and difficulty breathing. This is rare, but if it occurs, seek medical attention immediately.
- Changes in sensation such as numbness, tingling, or burning.
It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of Scrotox with a qualified medical professional before undergoing the procedure.
Options other than Scrotox
If you want to avoid Scrotox because of its credibility and want to consider other treatments to enhance your tasticals’s appearance, then following are some of the treatments that you can consider for yourself:
There are numerous creams and lotions on the market that claim to reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity. Some of these products contain ingredients like retinol, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. While these products may provide minor improvements, they are unlikely to significantly reduce wrinkles on the scrotum due to its natural structure.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
This is a more invasive procedure where a doctor uses a laser to remove surface-level and moderately deep lines and wrinkles. The heat from the laser also stimulates collagen production, promoting firmer, smoother skin. However, due to the sensitivity of the scrotum area, this option might not be recommended.
Staying hydrated, maintaining a healthy weight, and not smoking can all contribute to overall skin health and elasticity.
If you have decided to undergo Scrotox, Euromed Clinic is your place to go. Our highly skilled plastic surgeons and men’s aesthetic specialists provide consultancy regarding penile enlargement, Scrotox, and PRP-Shot. If you want to book your appointment, just fill out the following form or call us +971 4 394 5422