Genital warts are a prevalent sexually transmitted skin disease. They impact every person at some point in life are not limited to any particular gender. Women are more prone to genital warts as compared to men. As the name suggests, the moist tissues of the genital area are affected by genital warts. They may look like cauliflower or just a flesh-colored bump.
Sometimes genital warts can be so small that even a human eye cannot observe them. However, you don’t have to worry because Euromed Clinic Center offers genital warts screening and removal treatments.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the symptoms?
- 2 Screening Tests
- 3 Treatment Options
- 4 Laser Genital Warts Removal
- 5 Treatment
- 6 Genital Warts Removal FAQs
- 7 Schedule Your Consultation
What are the symptoms?
The main symptoms of genital warts are:
- Swelling or bumps in the specific area
- Discomfort and itching
- Bleeding during intercourse.
There is a possibility that genital warts may occur in bigger clusters as they may sometimes fail to be noticeable. The doctors may apply a specific acid (a mild acetic acid solution) to the affected area to make warts visible.
Screening tests help you determine the occurrence of genital warts. It is recommended to get a screening test even if you don’t get any symptoms. On the other hand, it becomes essential if you have noticed one or more symptoms.
Following are some of the tests that our doctors may administer to confirm the presence of genital warts.
- Colposcopy – This test is done to locate warts that can’t be seen with the naked eye. It involves light and a low-power microscope to spot warts and then take samples of abnormal areas in the cervix.
- Vinegar Solution Test – It involves applying a vinegar solution to the genital area that turns white, thus confirming genital warts.
- Pap Test – A sample is collected from the vagina for analysis. Pap test helps in spotting the abnormalities that may lead to cancer.
- DNA Test – It is recommended for women above 30, along with a Pap test. The DNA test is done on your cervix cells to identify the DNA of high-risk HPV varieties.
Mentioned below are some of the common treatments used for genital warts removal in Dubai.
- Medications– Usually, the medicines are directly applied to the infected area. These medicines may include Trichloroacetic acid & imiquimod.
- Surgery– If you are pregnant and your genital warts are not responding to the medication, you may go for the surgical procedure.
- Laser genital warts removal – A laser is used to destroy and remove warts in the genital area.
- Electrocautery – The warts are burnt out by utilizing electrical current
- Cryotherapy– Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze warts
Laser Genital Warts Removal
Laser genital warts removal Dubai is considered the most effective treatment. It is a non-surgical treatment that utilizes laser light to destroy genital warts. The procedure is performed under anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Local/general anesthesia is chosen based on the number of warts to be removed and the size of the treatment area.
Unfortunately, if you are diagnosed with the problem or you have severe pain then our doctors will recommend you an effective treatment plan. Following are some of the important types of treatment. The treatment plan is selected on the basis of the severity of your problem as well as your desired results.
- Medications – Usually, the medicines are directly applied to the infected area. These medicines may include Trichloroacetic acid & imiquimod.
- Surgery– If you are pregnant and also having warts but these warts aren’t responding to the medication, then you may go for the surgical procedure. These options may include laser treatments, surgical excision, Electrocautery (the warts are burnt out by utilizing electrical current), or Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen is used to freeze warts).
Note: Please note that if you are making use of the wart removers then you shouldn’t go for this. Such treatment may cause irritation or more pain.
Genital Warts Removal FAQs
Are genital warts curable?
Yes, genital warts are curable. You can either use topical medications or opt for laser treatment to get rid of internal and external warts.
How Long Do Genital Warts Last?
According to the stats provided by World Health Organization, around 90% of genital warts caused by HPV infections are clear in about two years. However, certain factors can make these warts stay longer than that.
How to stop genital warts from spreading?
To prevent genital warts from spreading,
● You should keep your genital area dry.
● Don’t scratch the affected area.
● Avoid sex until you get rid of all warts.
What makes genital warts worse?
Shaving and waxing your pubic hair can make genital warts worse. These hair removal procedures can cause minor cuts and irritate your skin, which may lead to a more widespread infection.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are interested in getting genital warts removal in Dubai, visit Euromed Clinic Center. We have highly experienced and board-certified doctors who are always here to serve you. You shouldn’t delay getting genital warts removal treatment if you are diagnosed with the problem. Go ahead, fill the form, and get your appointment now!