Intrauterine devices (IUDs) are tiny plastic devices that are used for birth control. Several women who do not want to get pregnant at a particular stage in life get IUDs inserted in their uterus. It is a routine procedure in gynecology that allows women to avoid unwanted pregnancies. However, a woman who had an IUD inserted can get it removed anytime.
Table of Contents
IUD removal and insertion has become very common among women and is now being offered at the Euromed Clinic Center.
What is IUD Removal & Insertion?
IUD insertion Dubai is the most effective treatment used for contraception or birth control. In this technique, a small T-shaped device is inserted into the uterus that protects women from pregnancy even after having sex. The best thing about IUD insertion is that it can be reversed with a simple IUD removal procedure. During the removal procedure, the physician will pull out the intrauterine device.
Reasons for IUD Insertion
You can opt for IUD insertion in Dubai if you want to:
- Avoid unwanted pregnancy.
- Reduce the cramps during periods
- Eliminate disruption in sexual activities
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
Before getting IUD insertion or removal treatment, you should know whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure or not. You should not opt for IUDs if you have the following conditions;
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cervical or uterine cancer
- Vaginal bleeding
- Wilson’s disease
How to prepare for IUD Insertion?
There are a few preparative steps that must be followed before getting IUD insertion Dubai. First of all, you need to consult with your doctor to choose the right type of intrauterine device. There are two types of intrauterine devices, i.e., Copper IUD and hormonal IUD. The copper IUD prevents egg fertilization by killing the sperms, whereas hormonal IUD releases progestin hormone. In addition to this, a pregnancy test and an STI test are done before performing IUD insertion.
Mentioned below are the procedures for both IUD insertion and removal.
IUD Insertion Procedure
- First of all, the physician cleans the cervix and vagina with an antiseptic.
- Then the cervical canal is aligned with the help of a device.
- Once the physician is sure that the cervical canal is well-aligned, they place the IUD in an applicator.
- This applicator is then inserted into the uterus to position the IUD accurately.
- The applicator is removed, and the threads are trimmed.
IUD Removal Procedure
IUD removal Dubai is a simple procedure that needs to be performed in the clinic.
- The doctor will use tweezers to pull out the intrauterine device.
- A hysteroscopy can also be performed for IUD removal.
There are several benefits of IUD insertion, which include the following;
- It protects women from unwanted pregnancies.
- IUDs are long-lasting and last for at least ten years.
- There is no risk of blood clotting.
- You can get the IUDS removed whenever you want to bear a child.
- The procedure is simple and slight discomfort is caused.
Here, you should know that IUDs must be replaced periodically to avoid side effects. If you have undergone IUD insertion treatment, you should replace the intrauterine device with a new one every 3 to 10 years. The time interval for IUD replacement Dubai depends on the type of IUD being used.
IUD Insertion and Removal Cost
The IUD insertion and removal cost in Dubai varies from patient to patient, depending on some significant factors. The factors that influence the cost include;
- The type of IUD being used
- The doctor’s fee
- The location of the clinic
- The expertise of the gynecologist
At Euromed Clinic Center, the average cost for;
- IUD insertion starts from AED 1200.
- IUD removal without replacement starts from AED 700
- IUD removal with replacement starts from AED 1500
Schedule A Consultation
If you are planning to get IUD insertion or removal in Dubai, visit Euromed Clinic Center at your earliest. We have some of the best and internationally recognized gynecologists in our team who are always ready to help you. You can discuss your goals and expectations with our gynecologists, and they will guide you accordingly. To book a consultation with our gynecologists, you need to fill in the following form. Once you fill the form, one of our staff members will get in touch with you to schedule your appointment.