Labiaplasty surgery aims to reduce the size of the labia minora – the skin flaps on either side of the opening of the vagina. Women who want to get this treatment usually do so because they do not like the look of their labia or because there is a functional impairment in their vagina.
It is worth mentioning that LABIAPLASTY or VULVAL SURGERY is not for girls younger than 18 years. This is because the labia continues to develop until early adulthood.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons to Opt for Labiaplasty
- 2 Labiaplasty Surgery Procedures
- 3 What are the Benefits of Labiaplasty?
- 4 Common Labiaplasty Risks
- 5 What Results To Expect From Labiaplasty?
- 6 How much does labiaplasty cost?
- 7 Labiaplasty FAQs
- 8 Consult Our Gynaecologists
Reasons to Opt for Labiaplasty
Women have large labia for many reasons, including aging, childbirth, genetics, and sexual activity. While this problem does not impact health directly, it does have an indirect blow on your well-being and some unwanted effects on the appearance of the external genitalia. All these are good reasons to have labiaplasty.
Here is why most women would want to undergo this surgery:
- Difficulty exercising and performing other physical activities
- Urinary tract infections
- Painful sexual activity
- Problem wearing certain clothes such as swimsuits, workout pants, and yoga pants
- Poor body image leads to extra self-consciousness
Labiaplasty Surgery Procedures
Back in the day, surgeons performed labiaplasty using only one technique. But now, various treatment options are available, thanks to the evolution in the surgical technique and extensive research put into the subject.
Here is a brief overview of the two most common procedures.
The Trim Procedure
The trim procedure the original labiaplasty procedure is the most common labial reshaping technique surgeons perform. During this procedure, the excess part of the labia minora is cut and sutured, bringing it in the proper symmetry with the labia majora.
The Wedge Procedure
During this procedure, the surgeon removes a partially thick wedge from the thickest part of the labia minora. Throughout this surgery, the surgeon makes sure that the submucosa – the layer beneath the mucous membrane is not damaged. This procedure gives the vagina an optimal appearance and preserves its natural contour.
Your doctor may choose from other techniques to reduce labia minora if necessary. All those techniques come with certain benefits and pitfalls. But in general, the success of this treatment depends on the practitioner’s expertise. Therefore, you must consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in labiaplasty.
What are the Benefits of Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty or labia minora reduction provided by our qualified plastic surgeons at Euromed Clinic Dubai helps you get the following benefits.
- Improved confidence: Your self-confidence and self-esteem are the first to take the hit when you have excess labia, especially during intimate moments. Labiaplasty is the procedure to help you get your charm back in this regard.
- Comfortable with any clothing: Oversized labia would make it quite challenging to wear tight clothes. Even if these clothes are not uncomfortable, you will be concerned about the visibility of your labial folds through clothing. After having labiaplasty, you will be able to remain comfortable in the dress of your choice: both physically and mentally.
- Increased sexual pleasure: An improved vaginal appearance keeps the embarrassment of oversized labia during sex at bay. As a result, you will have increased sexual confidence, making your intimate moments more enjoyable.
- Reduced discomfort: The labia minora consists of a delicate tissue that quickly becomes irritated when exposed to friction caused by sexual activity and exercise. After labiaplasty, there will be no excess tissues to cause you discomfort, allowing you to enjoy your moments of physical activity and sex.
- Improved hygiene: Labiaplasty removes excess tissue that otherwise harbors harmful microbes and makes daily hygiene difficult. This way, the risk of urinary tract infections and other health issues will reduce significantly.
Common Labiaplasty Risks
Some very rare complications that can occur after labiaplasty are:
- Dehiscence: also known as wound separation
- Hematoma: a condition caused by blood collecting and pooling under the skin
- Superficial infection
What Results To Expect From Labiaplasty?
Research results show that labiaplasty addresses all women’s concerns due to oversized labia. A study based on labiaplasty treatment of 29 women states that this treatment is a highly successful solution to large-sized labial folds. The study also says that this treatment appears to positively impact the women’s genital appearance satisfaction and the resultant intimate relationship quality.
How much does labiaplasty cost?
The cost of labiaplasty in Dubai generally starts from 15000 AED. The exact price of this surgery can vary from case to case, mainly due to several factors involved, such as:
- The severity of the problem to be treated
- The clinic’s location
- The surgeon’s expertise
- Other surgery-related expenses
Is there an age limit for labiaplasty?
Yes, you should be 18 years or older when getting labiaplasty treatment.
How painful is labiaplasty?
Undergoing labiaplasty is not a severely painful experience. Generally, the pain associated with this treatment is easily manageable. However, you should expect some swelling, soreness, and bruising in the treated area.
How long does labiaplasty take to heal?
The initial soreness, swelling, and discoloration will subside over the course of two weeks after labiaplasty surgery. There will still be some swelling left which will be gone in six weeks.
Consult Our Gynaecologists
Positive results of labiaplasty are attainable only when you get this treatment from a skilled plastic surgeon. For this reason, we suggest you book a consultation at Euromed Clinic Dubai, the top-of-the-line medical and cosmetic treatment facility, where you will get to meet highly-skilled, board-certified practitioners.