Human beings like to make friends and forge relationships. Indeed establishing a romantic and intimate relationship is considered a life-long goal for some people. Being intimate with your spouse involves engaging in sexual activities but for some men and women this is problematic. Sometimes, both males and females can suffer from sexual function problems. There are effective and safe techniques to cure such problems. Please continue reading to learn more about it.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Sexual Dysfunction?
- 2 Types of Sexual Dysfunction
- 3 Sexual Dysfunction in Men
- 4 Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- 5 Sexual Dysfunction in Both Genders
- 6 What Causes Sexual Dysfunction?
- 7 Symptoms of Sexual Dysfunctions
- 8 Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Options
- 9 Sexual Function Problems FAQ’s
- 10 Book an Appointment Now
What is a Sexual Dysfunction?
By sexual dysfunction, we mean any issue that stops an individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from sexual activity during any stage of the sexual response cycle. By sexual response cycle, we mean the phases such as excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution. Arousal and desire are important phases for an individual or couple that are marked by excitement during the sexual intercourse.
Though sexual function problems are common all over the world, people are hesitant to discuss them due to different reasons. At Euromed Clinic Center we have different treatment options to solve all sexual dysfunctions effectively. To regain that lost excitement and connection, it is necessary to see an expert and overcome the issue. Here are important and notable types of sexual function problems faced by men and women.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction
Experts divide sexual function problems into the following four categories:
- Orgasm Disorders: Delay or no orgasm at all.
- Pain Disorders: Experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
- Desire Disorders: Having little or no desire for sex intercourse
- Arousal Disorders: Not being able to achieve physically aroused
Sexual Dysfunction in Men
- Delayed/absent ejaculation
- Early or premature ejaculation
- Not being able to achieve a full erection
Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- Not being able to achieve orgasm
- Lack of lubrication during intercourse
- Not being able to relax the vaginal muscles for intercourse
Sexual Dysfunction in Both Genders
- Inability to have sex at all
- Feeling pain during intercourse
- Not being able to become aroused
What Causes Sexual Dysfunction?
There are two main reasons for all sexual dysfunctions, which are discussed below:
Physical Causes: Often sexual dysfunctions are caused by a medical or physical condition. For example, health conditions such as liver failure, drug abuse, neurological disorders, diabetes, heart & vascular disease, alcoholism, kidney failure, and hormonal imbalances can become a reason for this. Moreover, the use of some medications such as antidepressant drugs can affect the sexual function.
Psychological Causes: Sometimes, non-physical reasons can contribute to such problems. When your mind is preoccupied or full of things that you hold important, you may not be able to focus on your personal needs such as sexual desire. If you are stressful, dressed, have anxiety, or any other psychological disorder, your sex life may also be disturbed.
Symptoms of Sexual Dysfunctions
The symptoms may be different for different sexual function problem. Here are some common symptoms men and women experience:
- Low Sexual Desire: The person is not willing or not interested to have sexual activities. It is the most common sexual function problem faced by females.
- Sexual Arousal Disorder: The person wants to indulge in sexual activity but is not able to maintain arousal or become aroused during sexual activity.
- Orgasmic Disorder: The person is not able to achieve orgasm phase despite being fully stimulated and aroused.
- Sexual Pain Disorder: The female feels a significant amount of pain during vaginal intercourse or due to stimulation.
Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Options
Any men and women suffering from any of sexual function problem should consult a doctor at the earliest to avoid sexual frustration and depression. At the Euromed Clinic Center Dubai, our experts often come across patients that are struggling with sexual dysfunctions. In the past, we have helped individuals and couples take control of their sexual lives. You can be the next success story; book your appointment now.
Sexual Function Problems FAQ’s
What causes weak erection?
If the erection is not as hard or long-lasting as it was in the past, then it’s quite possible that the man is experiencing circulatory problems. Other causes of weak erection problem include nerve damage, diabetes, anxiety, and depression. Prolonged alcohol or tobacco consumption can also cause weak erection.
What causes sexual dysfunction?
A combination of medical, psychological, and physical conditions causes sexual dysfunction. These conditions include circulatory problems, vascular diseases, nerve damage and chronic diseases. Other causes are diabetes, excessive drug usage, anxiety, stress, and depression.
How do you know if you have sexual dysfunction?
The following symptoms indicate that you need some sexual function problems treatment. The symptoms of sexual dysfunction are:
· Reduced sexual desire
· Lack of ability to maintain an erection
· Inability to get the penis erect
What does alcohol do for sexual arousal and behavior?
Prolonged alcoholism causes permanent nerve damage that can result in permanent erectile dysfunction. For sexual function problems treatment, you need to quit alcohol. Alcohol also causes increase in angiotensin, a hormone directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
How is sexual dysfunction treated?
For sexual function problems treatment like sexual dysfunction you can do:
· Treatment of physical and psychological problems
· Medicines like Viagra, Levitra, and Cialis.
· Vaccuum pumps and Penile Implants for assisted erection.
· Weight loss and regular exercise.
Book an Appointment Now
Do you need more information about sexual dysfunction in men and women? The doctors at the Euromed Clinic Center Dubai are always ready to answer your question. All you need is to book an appointment.
To book an appointment, please call us or fill the short online form now. You can also get in touch by writing us through our chat box.