Vaginitis and Vaginal Discharge Treatment in Dubai
Vaginitis refers to the inflammation of the bacteria that is initiated by the infection. In fact, vaginitis and vaginal discharge refer to the alteration in the normal balance of the bacteria that is found in the vagina. Also, it may be as a result of reduced levels of estrogen after menopause.
Table of Contents
- 1 Vaginitis and Vaginal Discharge Treatment in Dubai
- 2 What are the symptoms?
- 3 What are the different types?
- 4 Screening should be performed
- 5 Preparation
- 6 How is it diagnosed?
- 7 Aftercare
- 8 Vaginitis and Vaginal Discharge FAQs
- 9 Schedule A Consultation
What are the symptoms?
You need to know the symptoms of vaginitis as it may help you in knowing the onset of disease at the start. In this way, it will be easy for you to get a clear diagnosis and treatment in early stages. The symptoms include;
- Painful urination
- Irritation or itching
- Change in the smell of discharge
- Change in the color of discharge
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pain during intercourse
However, there can be some change in symptoms that depend on various kinds of vaginitis. You need to consult your doctor whenever you find any of these or related symptoms.
What are the different types?
The health problem occurs in different types. Adhering to these types allow you to get a clear diagnosis. Have a look at these kinds!
- Yeast infection – It happens because of a fungus that is known as Candida albicans. Itching and white & thick discharge are main symptoms of this infection.
- Vaginal atrophy – It is also known as atrophic vaginitis. It results from the decrease in the levels of estrogen after menopause.
- Trichomoniasis – This kind of health issue occurs because of a parasite usually assimilated during intercourse. A greenish yellow discharge is the specific and main symptom of this kind of problem.
- Bacterial vaginosis – A greyish white discharge containing a strong smell is the specific symptom of this problem. It may happen because of the overgrowth of bacteria that usually exist in your vagina.
When it comes to the risks, vaginitis doesn’t contain serious complications and risks. However, in the case of pregnant ladies health practitioners link it with low birth-weight babies and premature birth. Women who are diagnosed with trichomoniasis or bacterial vaginosis also found to be more likely suffer from HIV and other related diseases.
Screening should be performed
If you have any revealing symptoms of the disease, then you should visit your gynecologist for proper screening. Here, at Euromed Clinic, our expert doctors are always available to provide their professional services to you. Different tests are available to assess if you are suffering from vaginitis and vaginal discharge dysfunction or not. Various laboratory tests are available in this regard. Our health practitioner will prescribe the test that you will need to get done. However, following are some of the tests that are used for the screening purpose. Have a look!
- Wet Prep (Wet Mount/Smear)
- Gram Stain
- pH Test
- Whiff (or Sniff) Test and KOH Prep
- Vaginal Cultures
You don’t need to follow specific criteria for preparation of the test. You should restrict applying vaginal or douches creams before the screening as it will restrict your doctor to interpret results accurately. Hence, don’t use such products prior to the test. Except this, you don’t need to make other preparation.
How is it diagnosed?
First of all, your medical history will be taken and our doctor will note your presenting complaints. After that, your pelvic exam will be performed. After that, the treatment is based on the presented symptoms and the basic target of the exact cause. Some of the examples are as follows:
- Oral antifungal medicine or antifungal creams for the treatment of yeast infections.
- Usually, estrogen is utilized to treat atrophic vaginitis that is presented in the form of rings, tablets, or creams.
- Clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel is normally prescribed or our doctor may prescribe you oral metronidazole tablets if you are diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis.
Aftercare is required once you get any kind of procedure whether it is screening or a treatment procedure. Well, it depends on the results of your test. Our doctor will guide you regarding aftercare on the basis of the results of your screening tests. He may provide you a date for your next visit or also prescribe you some medications to treat the problem.
Vaginitis and Vaginal Discharge FAQs
Does BV cause increased discharge?
Bacterial Vaginosis, Vaginitis, and vaginal discharge are all interlinked. Vaginal discharge is one of the most common symptoms in BV. The discharge in BV is frequent, thin, and white or grey and in some cases, bad odor is also reported.
Can a yeast infection cause a discharge?
A discharge is quite common in the case of yeast infection just like Vaginitis and vaginal discharge. However, the discharge caused by a yeast infection is different from discharge in BV as it is thicker, whiter, and clumpier.
Can your pH balance cause discharge?
The pH balance can cause discharge and bad vaginal smell. Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), Trichomoniasis (trich), and Yeast Infection are all caused by unhealthy pH levels. Vaginitis and vaginal discharge are also linked to an imbalance in pH levels.
Will my period flush out BV?
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) occurs due to hormonal imbalance, change in pH levels, and bacterial overgrowth in the vagina. During menstruation, pH level is higher than normal. Once menstruation stops, the pH levels go back to normal and resolve the BV symptoms.
How do I know if I have a yeast infection or BV?
The type of Vaginitis and vaginal discharge can help in the diagnosis of a yeast infection or BV. In Bacterial Vaginosis, the discharge is thin and grey/yellow with a foul odor. On the other hand, in a yeast infection, vaginal discharge is thicker and whiter without an odor.
Schedule A Consultation
Scheduling a prior consultation with your doctor is highly recommended by all medical experts. Why? It allows both you and your doctor to know the exact problem and plan a treatment plan for you on the basis of your exact problem. Our doctor knows your presenting complaints, get your medical history, clear your queries, and prescribe related tests for exact screening in this initial sessions. Also, we have made it easy for you to contact us or get your consultation. Simply fill the following form, and one of our correspondents will get back to you. Don’t waste your time if you are facing any symptom as it is the matter of your health and life. Don’t risk your life by making a delay in getting assistance. What are you waiting for? Go ahead, fill the form, and get benefit from our consultation now!