The teeth are a very important organ for all of us. For children of ages 8 to 10, the Early Treatment is an opportunity to detect any dental issues. Continue reading to know the cost, benefits, results, side effects, procedure, and more.
What is Early Treatment (between the ages of 8-10)?
Laying the foundations to good teeth is one of the most important things you can do for your child, as it can save them a lifetime of dental pain and unhappiness. Early Orthodontic Treatment is a key way that this good foundation can be built, and is highly recommended by the American Board of Orthodontics. Often referred to as Interceptive Orthodontic treatment, the overall goal is to reduce the severity of developing problems and to eliminate underlying causes.
Symptoms of Early Treatment
- Protruding teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Speech impediments
- Difficulties chewing or biting
- Crowded front teeth at the age of 7 or 8
- Continued thumb sucking after the age of 5
- Shifting of the jaw when the child opens and closes their mouth
- Early/late loss of baby teeth children lose baby teeth between the ages of 5-13
Results and Benefits
The benefits are undeniable, and Early Treatment can help your child dramatically in later life. For patients who have indications of early orthodontic issues, Early Treatment offers an opportunity to:
- Guide the growth of the jaws.
- Guide erupting permanent teeth to suitable positions.
- Regulate the width of the upper or lower dental arches.
- Improve personal appearance, and as a result self-esteem.
- Help eliminate harmful oral habits such as thumb and finger sucking.
- Reduce or eliminate abnormal swallowing and some speech problems.
- Potentially simplify or shorten treatment time for later comprehensive orthodontics.
Who is a Candidate?
This treatment is for the children between ages 8 and 10. The parents who want to keep the teeth of their child safe should choose this procedure.
What is the Aim of Treatment?
The treatment aims at the following;
- To avoid dental infections and diseases.
- To increase the life of the teeth and gums.
- To check the dental health of the children.
Our dental surgeons passionately believe in the importance of Early Treatment and know that the adolescent growth spurt is the best time to treat orthodontic cases. By treating a child’s orthodontic issues while their facial bones are still developing, the dental surgeon is able to utilize this growth, which in turn leads to a more stable result and better aesthetic appearance.
At your child’s first orthodontic appointment, the doctor will evaluate whether or not your child will need Early Treatment. Our friendly doctors will check the teeth of your child carefully and gently. The appointment will leave them feeling confident and at ease within the orthodontic environment. After the initial assessment, the length and specificity of treatment can vary greatly, but the knowledge that your child is getting the expert help they need is invaluable.
Cost of Early Treatment (between the ages of 8-10)
The cost of Early Treatment varies from child to child, but EuroMed Clinic offers it at a reasonable price. If you want to know the exact treatment price in your child’s case, please feel free to contact us.
Schedule a Consultation
If you want to keep the teeth of your child safe, the Early Treatment will be a good choice. Call or fill the online form to book a online consultation.