What is Osteopathy
Osteopathy is a holistic and non-invasive manual therapy treatment that aims to strengthen the whole musculoskeletal framework. It improves health across all body systems by diagnosing and treating problems that affect the musculoskeletal system.
The main concept behind Osteopathy is to boost the body’s self-healing mechanism by enhancing the nervous, lymphatic, and circulatory systems. It effectively treats problems related to joints, spine, and muscles and relieves pain. Euromed® Clinic Center is the best osteopathy clinic in Dubai that offers a wide variety of osteopathic treatments.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Osteopathy
- 2 Who is an Osteopath?
- 3 How do Osteopaths Work?
- 4 Core Competencies of Osteopaths
- 5 When to Visit an Osteopath?
- 5.1 Osteopathy for Joint Pain:
- 5.2 Osteopathic Treatment for Sleep:
- 5.3 Osteopathy for Back Pain:
- 5.4 Osteopathy for Arthritis:
- 5.5 Osteopathy for Headaches:
- 5.6 Osteopathy for Postural Problems
- 5.7 Osteopathy for Digestive Issues
- 5.8 Osteopathy for Neuralgia
- 5.9 Osteopathy for Neck Pain
- 5.10 Osteopathy for Sports Injury
- 5.11 Osteopathy for Body Pain
- 6 Pre-Procedural Instructions
- 7 Osteopathy After Care
- 8 Benefits of Osteopathy
- 9 Cost of Osteopathy
Who is an Osteopath?
Osteopaths are qualified medical doctors (MDs) having more training than therapists. They use different techniques and manual approaches to improve the body’s natural flow and the performance of arteries, veins, cerebrospinal fluids, nerves, and the lymphatic system.
Osteopathic manipulative treatments restore balance and also facilitate the healing process. They involve the use of manual therapy to bring positive change to the musculoskeletal framework. Manual therapy refers to specific skills needed to treat the body’s system by using hands.
How do Osteopaths Work?
Most of the time, they use hands-on techniques like stretches and massage to treat patients. These techniques help relieve muscle tension and increase the mobility of joints.
Osteopaths usually don’t use any drugs and opt for a holistic approach to cure physical problems. Manual therapy can also be used as a complementary treatment to ensure balance.
Core Competencies of Osteopaths
- Critical understanding of all osteopathic concepts for clinical reasoning.
- Detailed knowledge of human functioning. It also includes recognizing when a patient needs some other healthcare professional.
- Capable of utilizing psychological and social practices to provide reasoning.
When to Visit an Osteopath?
You should visit an Osteopath Clinic Dubai if you are experiencing any of the following problems:
Osteopathy for Joint Pain:
Patient-centered manipulative techniques are used to treat joint pain in the body. Osteopathic treatment for joints ensures the smooth circulation of blood and nerve functions.
Osteopathic Treatment for Sleep:
Chronic sleep disorders and discomfort while trying to sleep can lead to a restless situation. Also, not having enough sleep can interfere with smooth body functioning. Studies have shown that Osteopathy can help patients deal with sleeplessness and insomnia.
Osteopathy for Back Pain:
This treatment can also help deal with all types of back pain issues. After identifying the source of the pain, gentle manipulation of soft tissues and muscles can rid you of the back pain in very little time.
Osteopathy for Arthritis:
There is no direct cure for arthritis; still, Osteopathy has been known to ease major symptoms of this bone disease. Different types of patient-centered treatments are used to reduce pain, swelling and improve blood circulation.
Osteopathy for Headaches:
This treatment can improve the functioning of the lymphatic system. It means that Osteopathy can unblock any interference preventing smooth flow to the neck and head area. Unblocking interference and relieving muscle tension can effectively prevent migraines and headaches.
Osteopathy for Postural Problems
Osteopaths can also treat postural issues and give useful advice for posture correction. They can advise you on which workstation to use, how to sit, sleep, and what mattress is suitable. Osteopathy for postural issues Dubai also ensures a neutral spine position, as it is necessary for a good posture.
Osteopathy for Digestive Issues
Visceral osteopaths can deal with all kinds of digestion problems, including irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, indigestion, and heartburn issues.
Osteopathy for Neuralgia
Neuralgia is a pain caused by an irritated or disturbed nerve. It can severely hurt a person, and the sensation may feel like stabbing or shooting pain.
Osteopathy for Neck Pain
Several lifestyle habits or sudden movements can cause neck pain. Common causes of neck pain include trauma, bad sleeping posture, or continued postural strain. A thorough assessment will be done before the treatment. Some common osteopathic treatments include tissue massage and mobilization of the neck muscles.
Osteopathy for Sports Injury
This treatment can provide instant relief against pain from sports injuries. Continued treatment that includes gentle massage and mobilization of the affected muscles can make the muscles strong and healthy.
Osteopathy for Body Pain
If you are suffering from frequent muscle pain or joint pain in your body, you must consult an osteopath. Osteopathy can heal back pain, tennis elbow problems, joint pain, neck pain, pain in the spine or lower back pain. This treatment can also improve your circulatory system and nervous system.
It’s good to bring your medical history documents with you on the day of the appointment. Your medical history will give your doctor a better understanding of your health.
Wear flexible clothing that can be easily removed while diagnosing your health issue. Talk to your practitioner if you have a problem removing clothes from specific body areas.
Osteopathy After Care
Post-care treatment can ensure long-lasting results of osteopathic treatment. Here is what you need to do after the treatment session:
- Gently move the treated muscles and bones and do a little exercise every day. Find a happy medium between too little or too much exercise, and don’t overdo it.
- Stay well hydrated and keep your muscles relaxed at all times.
- Use ice packs or gel heating pads as per the recommendation of your osteopath. It will help reduce pain, swelling and prevent any adverse reaction.
- Don’t overstimulate your muscles and avoid strenuous exercise after the treatment.
Benefits of Osteopathy
Following are some significant benefits of Osteopathy Dubai:
- It can reduce pain and swelling caused by arthritis.
- Provides relief from foot pain, ankle pain, joint pain, knee pain, back pain, and sciatica.
- It helps to get rid of migraines, headaches, neck pain, and shoulder pain.
- Treats digestive issues, neuralgia, and postural problems.
- Offers a non-surgical solution to the problems related to muscles, bones, and joints.
Cost of Osteopathy
The average cost of Osteopathy in Dubai is around 300 – 800 AED (per hour). However, the exact cost of this treatment depends upon different factors. These factors include:
- The location of the clinic
- The type of treatment being used
- The expertise of the osteopath
Visit EuroMed® Clinic today to know the exact cost of Osteopathy treatments.
Lower Back Pain
Shoulder Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Chronic Pain Treatment
TMJ Pain Treatment
Joint Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Post Surgical Rehabilitation
Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc
RSI- Repetitive Strain Injuries
Craniosacral Therapy – Cranial Sacral
Osteopathy During Pregnancy
Tennis Elbow Treatment
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Schedule a Consultation
If you suffer from any joint or musculoskeletal problem, you can visit EuroMed® Clinic Center Dubai. We have highly experienced osteopaths in our clinic who specialize in treating various conditions. You can consult with them to know more about your problem and its possible solution. Simply fill the form below, and one of our staff members will schedule your consultation with the osteopath.