Pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood bring significant physical, psychological, emotional, and social changes in a woman’s life. It is one of the most beautiful but exhausting times of a woman’s life. Therefore, she needs ante/postnatal care to transition into her new phase of life easily, and osteopathy during pregnancy can help with that. A pregnancy massage in Dubai can do wonders for the physical and emotional health of the mother and the baby. Please keep reading to learn more about osteopathy for pregnancy.
Table of Contents
- 1 Osteopathic Treatment for Pregnancy
- 2 Aim of the Treatment
- 3 Common Reasons for Osteopathy During Pregnancy
- 4 Treatment Techniques
- 5 Pre and Post-Treatment Care
- 6 Benefits of Osteopathy During Pregnancy
- 7 Osteopathy for Pregnancy FAQs
- 8 Consult an Expert
Osteopathic Treatment for Pregnancy
Osteopathic treatment during pregnancy has proved beneficial for the health of the baby and mother. These treatments help with the physical and emotional stress during pregnancy, maintain body balance, and encourage a healthy postnatal recovery.
Usually, osteopathic massages are recommended for pregnant mothers. These massages create a stress-free and emotionally nourishing environment for the baby to grow in. Moreover, they help release feel-good hormones, like endorphins, to promote feelings of relaxation and comfort for the mother.
Aim of the Treatment
Osteopathic pregnancy massage in Dubai aims to:
- Maintain the mother’s health and wellbeing during and after pregnancy
- Help the mother’s body prepare for childbirth
- Improve the flexibility of the abdomen and pelvis
- Reduce pains and aches during pregnancy
- Help with postnatal recovery
Common Reasons for Osteopathy During Pregnancy
Pregnant women usually go to an osteopathic health center for the following complaints:
- Pelvic pain
- Lower and middle back pain
- Hip pain
- Rib cage pain
- Neck pain
- Carpal tunnel
Osteopathy during pregnancy can be beneficial for both the mother and the baby. Every osteopath offers a different set of treatments from the several techniques commonly used in osteopathy for pregnancy. Besides a pregnancy massage in Dubai, an osteopath may use one or more of the following techniques:
- Joint Articulation (to release areas of restriction)
- Stretch Exercises
- Soft Tissue Massage
- Corrective Exercises (to off-load and support areas of hyper-mobility)
- Balancing Techniques
- Breathing Techniques
- Cranial Osteopathy (to stretch muscles, release tension, relieve pain, and mobilize joints)
Pre and Post-Treatment Care
When the patient goes for an initial consultation with our expert osteopaths, they will be asked about different details. Their complete case history will be taken, including medical history, obstetric history, and current symptoms. Patients will also be asked about any medications that they are taking.
After the therapy, when the symptoms start improving, patients may be offered follow-up treatment sessions. These sessions are for the specific body and spinal areas to improve their condition.
Benefits of Osteopathy During Pregnancy
A pregnancy massage in Dubai has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- An osteopathic massage can help relieve pains and aches caused by excessive stress on the spine.
- It can relieve back, shoulder, and neck pain and relieve muscular tension.
- Massages are beneficial for treating circulatory problems, causing swelling in the legs and varicose veins.
- Osteopathic massages also relieve symptoms of nausea and heartburn.
- Massage and breathing exercises can also treat serious breathing problems and breathlessness due to the ribcage and middle back pain.
- Massages are also beneficial for reducing headaches.
Osteopathy for Pregnancy FAQs
Is it safe to go to osteopathic when pregnant?
Osteopathy during pregnancy is a gentle and safe treatment that does not negatively affect the mother or the child. Osteopathic treatment techniques are designed to minimize any risk and provide comfort to the mother. Moreover, some methods can also be adapted according to each patient’s requirements.
Is osteopathy safe during the first trimester?
All osteopathy techniques are gentle and safe so that pregnant ladies can undergo osteopathic treatments at any stage of pregnancy.
When should you see an osteopath when pregnant?
Pregnant women should see an osteopath if they have back, neck, or rib cage pain. They should also go to an osteopath for treating shortness of breath and headaches.
Can osteopaths induce labor?
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) can benefit pregnant women during labor as an adjunctive therapy. It prepares the patient for delivery, ensures proper alignment of the pelvis, and augments labor.
Consult an Expert
Osteopathic treatment during pregnancy has gained popularity due to its numerous benefits for the baby and the mother. Euromed Clinic Center has the best osteopath Dubai has to offer. If you are a pregnant woman and want to try osteopathic treatments for relieving pains and aches, get in touch with us. You can book an appointment with our osteopaths by giving us a call or filling the online form.