Joint pain is often associated with arthritis – a condition that causes pain, stiffness, swelling, and inflammation in various joints of the body. The most widespread type of arthritis is osteoarthritis. However, you don’t have to worry because arthritis can be treated with osteopathy for joint pain in Dubai. Osteopathy is not restricted to back pain only and can treat a wide range of problems related to muscles and joints. It is a gentle and effective approach to reduce arthritis symptoms.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Osteoarthritis?
- 2 What Causes Osteoarthritis?
- 3 Symptoms of Arthritis
- 4 Osteopathic Techniques for Joint Pain
- 5 How does Osteopathy Help Treat Arthritis?
- 6 Osteopathy for Arthritis FAQs
- 7 Get a Consultation
What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint condition that mainly affects the joints of hands, feet, hips, spine, and knees. It commonly occurs after a person turns 50 and is more prevalent among women. In this condition, the discs or cartilage between the bony joint surfaces starts thinning, which results in pain and inflammation in the joints.
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
The most common factors that cause osteoarthritis include:
- Postural issues
- Joint injuries
- Lack of exercise
- Malfunctioning in bones and cartilage metabolism
- Natural wear and tear on the body joints
Symptoms of Arthritis
Osteopathy for arthritis in Dubai can help reduce the following symptoms;
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Muscle spasm or tightness
- Joint inflammation
- Restrictions in the movement of joint
- Local and systematic inflammation
Osteopathic Techniques for Joint Pain
Osteopathic treatment for arthritis is tailored according to the requirement of each patient. Still, mentioned below are some common techniques that are used for joint pain or arthritis treatment.
- Soft tissue Massage
- Myofascial release
- Muscle energy release technique
- Visceral treatment
- Articulation and mobilization of joints
How does Osteopathy Help Treat Arthritis?
- Osteopathy for joint pain Dubai mobilizes the arthritic joint within the patient’s pain-free range, increasing the range of motion.
- It also mobilizes the joints adjacent to the arthritic joint to take some stress off the pathological joint.
- Osteopathy also works on the muscles adjacent to the arthritic joint because these soft tissues tighten up due to the altered joint functioning.
- Overweight patients who have arthritis find it difficult to exercise. Osteopaths will guide you on how to exercise and lose weight by dieting.
- Osteopaths also suggest some exercises that reduce the pressure on the arthritic joint.
- You need to have osteopathic treatment regularly because arthritis is an irreversible condition. Therefore, you should visit your osteopath every 4 to 12 weeks.
Osteopathy for Arthritis FAQs
Are osteopaths good for arthritis?
Yes, osteopaths can help significantly in reducing the pain associated with arthritis. The condition itself is not completely reversible, but with osteopathy, the symptoms can be reduced. The osteopath utilizes different techniques to ease the swelling and improve the mobility of joints.
What is the best therapy for joint pain?
The majority of osteopaths recommend physical therapy for joint pain. It is an effective treatment option because it improves the joint's range of motion and minimizes the chance of injury in the future. In addition to this, exercises also help in strengthening the muscles around the affected joints.
What are the advantages of osteopathy for arthritis?
Osteopathy for arthritis Dubai has numerous significant advantages, which are listed below;
It eliminates the underlying cause of pain.
It reduces the pain and stiffness in the joints.
It relieves chronic arthritis pain with the help of non-invasive treatments.
It enhances the range of motion in joints.
The stress or tension on the joints is also reduced.
It treats spinal problems that occur from poor postures or spinal disk injuries.
Get a Consultation
If you want to get osteopathic treatment for joint pain, Euromed Clinic Center is the right place to go. We offer a wide range of treatment options for arthritis that will provide you relief from pain. Our osteopaths are highly experienced and suggest the most suitable treatment for you. You just need to book your consultation by filling the form given below.