Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure used for removing stubborn excess fat. Commonly known as Tummy Tuck, it helps eliminate the excess skin and stubborn fat from the abdominal region and tightens the muscles. As a result, the contours of the targeted area improve, and it becomes sculpted, toned, and slimmer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Treatable Areas
- 2 Are you an Ideal Candidate?
- 3 Pre-Op Instructions
- 4 Treatment Procedure
- 5 Post-Op care
- 6 Recovery
- 7 Results
- 8 Benefits
- 9 Tummy Tuck Cost in Dubai
- 10 Tummy Tuck FAQs
- 10.1 What are the techniques to perform tummy tuck?
- 10.2 Is tummy tuck painful?
- 10.3 What is the difference between full and mini tummy tuck?
- 10.4 Cost of tummy tuck greater than liposuction?
- 10.5 How long is the recovery after a tummy tuck?
- 10.6 Are the results permanent?
- 10.7 Can a tummy tuck be combined with liposuction?
- 11 Get a Free Consultation
Tummy tuck in Dubai helps treat the following areas:
- Upper abdominal area
- Lower abdominal area
- The ‘belt line’ – from front to back around the midriff
- Entire stomach, lower back, and buttocks
- The underlying abdominal muscles
Are you an Ideal Candidate?
Generally, you are a good candidate for tummy tuck procedure if you:
- Suffer from skin laxity due to multiple pregnancies.
- Are not pregnant.
- Have lost more than 50lb of weight.
- Have excess flaps of skin in the abdominal area or waistline.
During your pre-op visit, the surgeon will guide you about all the essential factors associated with tummy tuck surgery. Some general pre-op instructions are as follows:
- Get all the prescribed lab tests done.
- Follow a healthy diet regimen.
- Share your medical history with the doctor.
Tummy tuck Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis, and the duration varies for each patient depending on different factors. The step-by-step procedure of a tummy tuck is as follows:
First of all, the surgeon will administer anesthesia. Generally, tummy tuck surgery is performed under general anesthesia. However, if it is performed using the endoscopic method, local anesthesia can also be used.
After administering anesthesia, the surgeon makes incisions in the treatment area. The nature of incisions may vary depending on the type of surgery. Generally, the incisions are made:
- Horizontally between the pubic hairline and belly button and around the navel for traditional abdominoplasty surgery.
- Horizontally between the navel and pubic hairline for a mini-abdominoplasty
- In or around the belly button and along the pubic line (endoscopic method)
After making the desired incisions, the surgeon will improve the abdominal appearance by:
- Removing excess skin or fat and tightening abdominal muscles in a full abdominoplasty
- Eliminating excess skin and fat in the lower abdomen and tightening abdominal muscles in mini-abdominoplasty
- Tightening abdominal muscles in endoscopic Abdominoplasty
Finally, incisions are closed with stitches.
The patient should follow the following post-op precautions for a quick recovery after abdominoplasty treatment:
- Avoid unnecessarily touching and rubbing incisions and keep them clean and dry.
- Use cool compresses to reduce discomfort or swelling.
- Take proper rest after the procedure for 24-48 hours.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Only use the prescribed medicine regularly as instructed by the plastic surgeon.
Patients can leave the hospital after a few hours or stay overnight based on their preference. Either way, the patient will need to see the surgeon regularly during their recovery period for wound management and check-ups.
The first session with your surgeon will be 24-48 hours post-surgery to check for dressings and drains to be removed. Also, a compression garment will be fitted.
- Patients should rest for 2-3 days after the surgery.
- The drainage tubes, placed under the skin to remove the blood and excess fluid, will be removed in 2 to 5 days, based on results.
The tummy tuck procedure results are permanent if appropriately maintained by following the post-care sessions. However, for women, subsequent pregnancies after the treatment can undo the effects of this treatment.
The tummy tuck surgery in Dubai delivers promising results. Generally, the following benefits can be expected after the treatment.
- A tighter and slimmer waistline
- Removal of stretch marks from the abdomen
- A flattened, firmer, and more toned tummy
- Improved body contours
- Improved posture
- Long-lasting and natural-looking results
- A boost in confidence and self-esteem
Tummy Tuck Cost in Dubai
Tummy Tuck treatment for men and women cost depends on the extent of treatment, the surgeon’s expertise, the type of clinic chosen, patient expectations, and many other things.
At Euromed Clinic, the average starting price of Tummy Tuck is 30,000 AED. However, to know the actual cost of this treatment for your case, you can consult with one of our experts.
Tummy Tuck FAQs
What are the techniques to perform tummy tuck?
Some effective techniques used for Abdominoplasty are discussed below:
If a patient has extra fatty tissues in the abdomen area instead of sagging skin, liposuction is an excellent alternative to a tummy tuck. It removes the excess fat in the tummy area and improves its contours, leaving minimal scars.
Also known as the Traditional Tummy Tuck, it is the most common tummy tuck technique. During the treatment, the surgeon makes an incision in the bikini line and around the belly button. The belly button is also repositioned in this surgery.
Mini Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck)
This treatment is a less invasive version of traditional tummy tuck surgery. It is designed to correct smaller areas of loose skin below the belly, along with the lax and bulging muscles. During the treatment, the surgeon makes a small incision along the bikini line to remove the loose skin. This incision resembles the one made during a cesarean section. On the other hand, a small incision is also made above the belly button, used for muscular repair.
This treatment combines the traditional tummy tuck procedure with 3-D Liposuction to:
● Flatten the tummy
● Get rid of love handles
● Sculpt the waist
Is tummy tuck painful?
In the past, tummy tuck surgery was very painful, but it is not the case today. The technique has now become safer, and anesthesia makes it painless. The patient will feel no pain during the surgery. The long-lasting anesthesia can limit the pain for three days which makes a recovery smooth and easy.
What is the difference between full and mini tummy tuck?
In a mini tummy tuck, a small portion of skin is removed in the lower abdomen without incising around the belly button or tightening the muscles above the belly button. In a full tummy tuck, the excess skin and fat are surgically removed from the pubic bone to the navel. Moreover, it also involves the tightening of abdominal muscles.
Cost of tummy tuck greater than liposuction?
In general, the tummy tuck surgery costs more than the liposuction of the abdomen area. For some clinics, the cost of tummy tuck is double than the cost of liposuction for the abdomen.
How long is the recovery after a tummy tuck?
Some patients require 2 to 3 weeks off from work to let the body heal properly. After this time, the person will be able to walk, exercise, and gently pedal on a bike. Most patients will feel normal and return to routine life after 6 to 8 weeks.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, tummy tuck offers permanent results. The patient has to maintain weight and adopt a healthy lifestyle to retain the results of the surgery.
Can a tummy tuck be combined with liposuction?
Yes, liposuction can be combined with a tummy tuck to achieve optimum results for stomach reshaping and contouring,
Get a Free Consultation
Here at Euromed Clinic Dubai, we have a team of board-certified cosmetic surgeons having decades of experience in tummy tuck surgery. All our experts are well-equipped and well-trained to fulfill all individual patient needs. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us right now via call, online consultation form, or visit our clinic to discuss your case with one of our experts.