As you age, specific changes start occurring in your body. Many of these changes happen due to the gradual loosening of skin tissues and increased visceral and subcutaneous fat deposits. One of these changes is the sagginess of underarms.
The underarm skin sagginess might also be a side effect of weight loss after dieting, exercising, or weight-reduction treatment. Regardless of the reason, loose underarms are one of the most significant cosmetic concerns. Fortunately, this problem is reversible with arm lift surgery, also called Brachioplasty.
An arm lift procedure mainly involves the removal of excess skin and fat between the armpit and elbow. The remaining skin is then stretched from both sides of the incision and sutured. This surgical procedure creates a more toned appearance of the upper arm.
Table of Contents
- 1 Am I a Good Candidate for Arm Lift Surgery?
- 2 Arm Lift Techniques
- 3 Arm Lift Surgery Preparation
- 4 Brachioplasty Procedure
- 5 Arm Lift Recovery
- 6 Arm Lift / Brachioplasty Before and After
- 7 What Are the Benefits of Arm Lift Surgery?
- 8 How Much Does an Arm Lift Cost?
- 9 Arm Lift FAQs
- 10 Consult our Surgeons
Am I a Good Candidate for Arm Lift Surgery?
An arm lift is a simple surgical technique that doesn’t put forward too many preconditions. However, some candidacy criteria do exist that must be met before you get this treatment.
In general, a good candidate for arm lift treatment is a person with:
- Hanging underarms due to weakened tissues
- Relatively stable body weight
- Overall good health and no severe medical conditions that impair post-surgery healing
- Realistic expectations with the procedure
Arm Lift Techniques
Arm lift surgery is generally performed with two techniques, depending on the patient’s requirements or preferences.
- Minimal Incision Arm Lift: This procedure first involves making incisions in the armpits to reduce the appearance of scars. Then, the surgeon performs liposuction to remove fat from the upper arms. After removing unwanted fat, they remove the sagging part of the skin and stretch its two sides towards each other for suturing. This process reduces the upper’s arms circumference and gives it a more tightened and firm appearance.
- Full incision arm lift: This surgical technique involves a skin incision that starts from the armpit and extends to the elbow. Then, the surgeon removes extra fat and loose skin from the treatment area. The fat removal may involve direct excision or liposuction. This surgical option is more invasive than the minimal arm lift but delivers more dramatic results.
Arm Lift Surgery Preparation
Your surgeon will prescribe some pre-surgery measures that you must adhere to before getting an arm lift. These measures include the following.
- You will need to have lab tests done and get medically evaluated.
- Your doctor may prescribe specific medicines and adjust current medications.
- You will be advised to stop taking NSAIDs, aspirin, and herbal supplements to prevent the risk of bleeding.
- You will need to stop smoking.
Your surgeon will administer anesthesia before the arm lift procedure to make you comfortable. The type of anesthesia will depend on certain factors, such as the surgical technique and the amount of tissue removal required.
Once anesthesia comes into effect, the surgeon will start the treatment. It can be a minimal arm lift procedure or a full arm lift surgery, depending on what you want to achieve from the treatment and the amount of unwanted fat to be removed.
After completing the procedure, the surgeon will stitch both sides of the incised skin using dissolvable sutures. These sutures will disappear over two weeks.
Arm Lift Recovery
The effect of anesthesia may take some time to ward off, so it is recommended to stay at home for a couple of days after surgery. This will allow you to have a good start with the post-surgery recovery.
You can resume light activity a few days after the arm lift treatment. And you can return to your fitness regimen within four weeks after surgery. However, it is generally recommended to get approval from your healthcare provider before starting exercising.
Arm Lift / Brachioplasty Before and After
What Are the Benefits of Arm Lift Surgery?
Arm lift surgery positively affects your aesthetics, physiology, and psychology. Here is a brief overview of the most salient advantages of arm lift treatment.
- It reduces loose fat and skin from the under portion of the upper arms, providing a smoother and more toned arm appearance.
- It helps restore your comfort level after weight loss.
- It reduces the risk of inflammation or rashes due to skin folds.
- It helps ensure the hygiene of your arm and armpits more easily.
- It restores your self-esteem.
How Much Does an Arm Lift Cost?
The average starting price of arm lift surgery is 25,000 AED. The cost can vary depending on the amount of tissue removal and other treatment protocols. You may discuss the treatment cost during the initial consultation at EuroMed Clinic Dubai.
Arm Lift FAQs
How long does an arm lift last?
The results of an arm lift are semi-permanent and tend to last pretty long. However, factors that may reverse the effect of this treatment include the aging impact and weight gain.
How painful is an arm lift?
You will not feel any pain during arm lift surgery due to anesthesia. However, some discomfort will erupt once the anesthesia wears off. You will also experience swelling, bruising, and soreness in the treated region. All these side effects disappear in a few days.
How long does it take to see results from an arm lift?
The initial results of this treatment are usually visible immediately after the treatment. It usually takes six weeks for the post-treatment swelling to subside and for results to become noticeable.
How do you sleep after an arm lift?
It is generally recommended to sleep on the back rather than on the stomach or sides after arm lift surgery. You can also support your arms by placing a pillow under the armpit during sleep.
Do arm lift scars fade?
Yes, arm lift scars may fade over time but do not entirely disappear. These scars are usually immature during 4-6 weeks after surgery and then begin to mature with time. Initially, a mature scar is pink and blanch when pressed. As time goes on, it becomes paler, softer, and flatter.
Consult our Surgeons
Do you want a more toned and tightened appearance for your arms? An arm lift procedure may be your best bet. You can book a consultation at EuroMed Clinic Dubai to discuss the treatment feasibility, cost, and other related aspects. You can fill out the online form below or call us to schedule an appointment. It will be our utmost pleasure to help you with your aesthetic goals.