The primary purpose of dermal fillers is to improve the skin impacted by aging to give you a plumped-up, youthful appearance. But with too many fillers available, choosing an appropriate solution may seem challenging. But the fact of the matter is only a brief insight of different types of fillers can help you determine the suitable solution for your skin.
Belotero fillers have emerged as a viable solution for several skin problems recently. These fillers are available as a line of products with different formulations, each targeting particular skin concerns.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Belotero Fillers?
- 2 Who is a Good Candidate for Belotero Fillers?
- 3 Types of Belotero Fillers
- 4 Where Can Belotero be Injected?
- 5 Pre-Treatment Care
- 6 Treatment Procedure
- 7 Post-Treatment Care
- 8 Complications and Side Effects
- 9 Benefits of Belotero Fillers
- 10 How Much Does It Cost?
- 11 Belotero Fillers FAQ’s
- 12 Request an Appointment
What are Belotero Fillers?
Belotero fillers are hyaluronic acid-based fillers that, when injected into a certain depth of the dermis, bind with water to rejuvenate and revitalize the skin. These fillers aim to reduce lines and wrinkles, smoothening the outer skin layer. The skin tissues absorb the hyaluronic acid content in the filler solution over time, inducing a natural rejuvenation process in the skin tissues. This makes the belotero filler solution a better option than the fillers that only “fill” the area under the skin.
Who is a Good Candidate for Belotero Fillers?
You may be a good candidate for belotero fillers if you have tried several products to reverse wrinkles but couldn’t see a significant improvement. However, discussing your candidacy criteria during the initial consultation with a dermatologist is advised.
Generally, you can get belotero fillers if you are not pregnant or breastfeeding and are overall healthy. You can get this cosmetic treatment to address the following issues:
- Smile lines
- Forehead lines
- Hollow cheeks
- Hollow under-eyes
- Crow’s feet
Types of Belotero Fillers
Initially, belotero fillers were only used to treat moderate to severe nasolabial folds. However, manufacturers later expanded their line of products, adding fillers with various compositions to their offerings to address different aesthetic concerns.
Here is a list of the types of belotero fillers.
- Belotero Soft: This filler solution helps reduce small wrinkles on the facial area. Issued addressed by this solution are smile lines around lips and eyes and smoker’s lines.
- Belotero Basic: Belotero Basic is a suitable filler solution for medium to deep lines around the mouth.
- Belotero Volume: This filler solution helps reverse facial volume loss, making cheeks and cheekbones more prominent and adding glow to your face. This filler is also used to reshape the chin. It is an ideal solution to help restore facial contours.
- Belotero Balance: This Belotero filler helps reduce moderate lines, including glabellar lines, nasolabial folds, and smoker’s lines.
- Belotero Intense: Belotero Intense helps correct deeper creases and lines, including Marionette lines and pronounced nasolabial folds.
- Belotero Lip Contour: The lip contour filler by Belotero is used to improve lip definition. This filler solution helps make the lip outline and vermilion border more prominent.
- Belotero Lip Shape: This Belotero lip filler adds volume to the lip, modifying its shape.
Where Can Belotero be Injected?
Belotero fillers can be injected into the following facial areas to improve their appearance.
- The skin area around the eyes
All Belotero fillers are based on hyaluronic acid, although in varying compositions. Since hyaluronic acid is naturally found in our bodies, preparing for Belotero filler treatment doesn’t involve following an extensive list of guidelines. Still, your doctor may call you for a preliminary checkup to rule out any possibility of the treatment causing side effects.
Belotero products usually have some amount of lidocaine, a local anesthetic solution that helps mitigate pain caused by the injections. You may still request your practitioner to apply a numbing solution to the treatment area if you do not want to experience pain caused by injection needles.
Before administering belotero filler injections, your dermatologist may mark the treatment site for mapping. After that, they apply an antiseptic solution to disinfect the area.
Once the area is clean, the doctor injects the belotero filler using a fine-needled syringe. After injecting, they may massage the treated site to distribute the injected filler across a wider area under the skin.
The doctor will administer multiple injections, depending on the area being treated. The time taken by this treatment may be between 15 minutes and one hour, depending on the concern being addressed and the treatment region.
Belotero fillers are administered through a minimally invasive procedure and are incredibly safe. Hence, you won’t need to do much in terms of aftercare. However, some red flags do exist. For example:
- Your doctor will advise you not to engage in intense physical movements for a couple of days after the treatment.
- You will have to stay away from sunlight for about 48 hours.
- Additionally, you will need to avoid NSAIDs for a day after getting Belotero fillers.
There is no downtime associated with Belotero filler treatment. You can resume your routine activities or professional duties right after the treatment.
Complications and Side Effects
Common side effects of Belotero injections include:
- Lumps and bumps
All these side effects are minor and usually subside in a few days. Speak to your doctor in case the injection site develops an infection.
Benefits of Belotero Fillers
From the procedure to its results, the Belotero filler treatment offers some astounding benefits that make it a preferable option for people looking to improve their aesthetics. Here is a quick list of those benefits.
- It reduces wrinkles and fine lines appearance, reducing the aging impact.
- It gives your face a more plumped appearance.
- It provides the skin with an even texture.
- It doesn’t require any downtime.
- The treatment procedure is quick and convenient.
- It doesn’t suppress normal movement and facial expressions like conventional fillers.
How Much Does It Cost?
The starting price of Belotero fillers is 1500AED. The final cost of this treatment depends on the type of filler, treatment area, and the problem being treated.
Belotero Fillers FAQ’s
How long do Belotero fillers last?
Belotero fillers usually give you your desired appearance for about six months. After that, the results start fading away. You can discuss follow-up treatment options with your dermatologist to extend treatment results.
How long does it take to see results from Belotero?
It usually depends on the type of belotero solution being used. On average, the complete results of Belotero fillers appear two to three weeks after the treatment.
Is Belotero good for under-eye?
Belotero is a recommended treatment for under-eye rejuvenation due to its quick action and fewer side effects.
Is Belotero better than Juvederm?
Both dermal fillers are suitable for different applications. Since Belotero filler solution has a lower density, it is a more appropriate treatment for fine lines and wrinkles than Juvederm.
Request an Appointment
Belotero fillers work incredibly well to rid your facial skin of aging signs and other irregularities. However, getting this treatment from a skilled practitioner is imperative for ideal results. At EuroMed Clinic Dubai, we offer Belotero fillers and other cosmetic treatments from the hands of highly qualified dermatologists who use all their expertise to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. If you want to know about our services or book a consultation, please fill out the online form below.