Eyes are the mirror of the soul, everything you feel and even think about is reflected through your eyes. There is no doubt that the aesthetic appearance of a person cannot be undermined. If you are not naturally blessed with beautiful eyes or their appearance has been negatively affected by aging you don’t need to worry, thanks to the amazing and advanced Eyelid Surgery in Dubai also known as Blepharoplasty.
The eyelid surgery removes the extra fat from the eyelids and the area surrounding the eyes. Removing this extra fat makes your eyes look bigger, brighter, and more attractive. This procedure also tightens and contours the skin around the eyes by restoring the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
What is the Aim of Eyelid Surgery?
The Blepharoplasty Surgery in Dubai aims at achieving the following goals:
- To make the eyes bigger and brighter
- To deal with the skin obscuring the vision to enhance your vision
- To make the person look young and healthy
- For the restoration of firmness and elasticity
- To make your eyes look beautiful and attractive
Who is a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery in Dubai?
You can be a good candidate for this Eyelid Surgery procedure if you fulfill the following criteria:
- The people who do not smoke and drink.
- People who are not able to see because of the excess skin covering the eyes
- The people with good mental and physical health
- The people who want to improve their eyes appearance
The people having realistic expectations with the treatment
Which Techniques are Used for Eyelid Surgery?
At EuroMed Clinic our board-certified dermatologist and surgeons use the following techniques for Blepharoplasty surgery in Dubai:
● Upper eyelid surgery
This technique aims to remove the fat, excess skin tissues and tighten the upper eyelids.
● Lower eyelid surgery
This technique aims to remove the fat, excess skin tissues and tighten the lower eyelid area as well as the eye bags.
● Combined upper and lower eyelid surgery
When surgery is performed on both the eyelids simultaneously, it is called combined upper and lower blepharoplasty.
Some Alternative Techniques Used for Blepharoplasty
At EuroMed Clinic we also have the following options that are available to get rid of fat and excess skin surrounding the eye area. Only the best suitable treatment is used for patients from all of these available treatments.
● Botox injections
Botox is a muscle relaxer filler treatment that is injected around the eye area. This filler tightens the skin by boosting collagen and elastin production.
● Fat Removal Injections for Eyelid Fat Removal
These injectables are used to dissolve the excess fat to tighten the skin around the eye-lids. This is the least invasive procedure in which the excess fat is absorbed by the body and excreted out by the lymphatic system.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
The pre-treatment instructions from the doctor may include the following:
- Stop smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
- Stop the use of aspirin or any blood-thinners medicines.
- The person will have to take the prescribed medicines.
- The person will have to get the prescribed lab tests done.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure
Here is the step by step procedure for tightening the loose and saggy skin around the eyelids:
- General or local anesthesia is used
- In the second step the excess fat, as well as extra skin tissues, are removed from the upper and lower part of the eye and the eyelids
- Depending on the technique used, the treated area is cleaned and closed with the help of stitches after the treatment
Post-Op Care and the Recovery after Blepharoplasty
Patients are usually discharged on the same day, around 4-6 hours after the surgery. Full recovery will normally take around two weeks. Follow these instructions to speed-up the recovery and for great results after the procedure
- Don’t use contact lenses for a week after the procedure
- Use sunglasses while going out in the sun
- Hydrate your body and skin by drinking lots of water
- Don’t scratch or rub the treatment area
- Use a recommended skin moisturizer to get rid of skin dryness
Benefits of Blepharoplasty Treatment
- The vision obscured by sagging eyelids will be restored.
- The eyes will become refreshed and the skin will be rejuvenated.
- The lost glow and brightness of the eyes is restored
- It helps regain confidence, and self-esteem of the person
- It is a minimally invasive and virtually surgical procedure, it’s very different from traditional liposuction.
- It is an FDA-approved and safe procedure with no severe and long-term complications or side-effects
Cost of Blepharoplasty Surgery in Dubai
The cost of Blepharoplasty is not fixed because it depends on some variable factors. The EuroMed Clinic is offering it at a reasonable price. Moreover, we have a discount offer for you as well. So fill in the online form to know the exact cost.
Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery FAQs
How long does it take for eyelid surgery to heal?
The recovery period for Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery slightly varies for every patient. However, normally, the patients can continue their regular routine within 7-10 days after the surgery. By the end of the second week, most of the swelling will subside.
Does eyelid surgery make eyes bigger?
Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery can help make the eyes look bigger but it cannot actually enlarge their size. When the encroaching tissues are removed from above and below the eyes, it gives an impression of bigger looking eyes.
What are the dangers of eyelid surgery?
Like any other cosmetic procedure, Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery also has some complications associated with it. Some of the possible risks include infection, bleeding, dry eyes, irritation, pain, or irritation upon closing the eyelids, and other related problems.
What is the difference between Normal Eyelid Surgery and Asian Eyelid Surgery?
Naturally, Asian eyelids do not have a crease like other eyelids. Therefore, in Asian Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery, apart from the fat removal in the upper eyelid, a crease is also created. This step is not performed in normal eyelid surgery.
How much does an eyelid lift cost?
Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery is a delicate procedure which makes it a little expensive as it requires extra attention and precision. However, the cost varies in different clinics. So, consult your doctor to determine the cost of your particular case.
Get a Free Consultation
If you want to know more about the Blepharoplasty procedure, please feel free to contact the EuroMed Clinic anytime. We currently have the best surgeons for Eyelid surgery in Dubai who have decades of experience with this particular treatment.
Check Out Our Specialist’s Profile
Hailing from Okinawa, Japan, Dr. Ken is one of Euromed’s visiting surgeons but hopes to move to Dubai in the next five years. Dr. Ken is certified from the Japanese Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is also an International Active Member of the American Society for Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery. With a bustling clinic in his native Japan that he opened in 2007 and a career spanning more than 30 years, it is not surprising Dr. Ken is acclaimed as a specialist in several areas, namely: Arm Lift Face Lift Neck Lift Thigh…Read more
Dr. Thomas Colson is a Consultant in Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery known for his famous technique “French Touch.” Here is the story of his life. When a doctor specializes in plastic and reconstruction surgery but also has an aesthetic sense and artistic hands, he or she can enhance and refine the appearance of people. Dr. Thomas Colson is a person with specific qualifications and experience that a surgeon must have to perform surgical and non-surgical procedures successfully. Dr. Thomas Colson has a firm belief in the fact that his success is nothing but the…Read more
Dr. Wolfgang Funk is a leading plastic & reconstructive surgeon who has a lifelong successful career in plastic & reconstructive surgery. Originally from Germany, he has been working in many countries. He works with Euromed Clinic Dubai as a visiting plastic surgeon. His unique expertise in aesthetic surgery makes him a suitable professional for a variety of cosmetic surgery assignments. His journey in the medical profession started right after he graduated from a regional medical council Norden (Germany). He got an additional degree in plastic and aesthetic surgery after completing his medical degree. To specialize…Read more