Eyelid Surgery, commonly known as Blepharoplasty, removes the extra fat from the eyelids and the area surrounding the eyes. Removing this excess fat makes your eyes look bigger, brighter, and more attractive. This procedure tightens and contours the skin around the eyes by restoring the elasticity and firmness of the skin. As a result, you get rid of drooping eyelids.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the Aim of Eyelid Surgery?
- 2 Who is a Good Candidate?
- 3 Which Techniques are Used for Eyelid Surgery?
- 4 How to Prepare for the Treatment?
- 5 Eyelid Surgery Procedure
- 6 Post-Op Care & Recovery
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Blepharoplasty Cost in Dubai
- 9 Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery FAQs
- 10 Get a Free Consultation
What is the Aim of Eyelid Surgery?
Blepharoplasty in Dubai aims at achieving the following goals:
- Make the eyes bigger and brighter
- Remove the sagging skin that obscures the vision
- Restore the firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Make your eyes look beautiful
Who is a Good Candidate?
You can be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if you:
- Are not able to see because of the excess skin covering the eyes
- Have good mental and physical health
- Want to improve the appearance of your eyes
- Have realistic expectations from the treatment
Which Techniques are Used for Eyelid Surgery?
The following techniques are used for Blepharoplasty surgery in Dubai:
Upper eyelid surgery
This technique aims to tighten the upper eyelids by removing the fat and excess skin tissues.
Lower eyelid surgery
This technique tightens the lower eyelid area as well as the eye bags by eliminating excess fat and skin.
Combined upper and lower eyelid surgery
When surgery is performed on both the eyelids simultaneously, it is called combined upper and lower Blepharoplasty.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
The pre-treatment instructions for eyelid surgery in Dubai may include the following:
- Stop the use of aspirin or any blood-thinners.
- Only take the prescribed medicines.
- Get all your prescribed lab tests done.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure
Here is the step-by-step procedure for tightening the loose and saggy skin around the eyelids:
- Local anesthesia is administered in the first step.
- In the second step, the excess fat, as well as extra skin tissues, are removed from the upper and lower part of the eye and the eyelids
- Depending on the technique used, the treated area is cleaned and closed with the help of stitches after the treatment
Post-Op Care & Recovery
Patients are usually discharged on the same day, around 4-6 hours after the surgery. Full recovery will generally take approximately two weeks. Follow these instructions to speed up the recovery and for excellent results after the procedure;
- Don’t use contact lenses for a week after the procedure
- Use sunglasses while going out in the sun
- Hydrate your body and skin by drinking lots of water
- Don’t scratch or rub the treatment area
- Use a recommended skin moisturizer to get rid of skin dryness
Blepharoplasty Dubai has the following benefits;
- The vision obscured by sagging eyelids is restored.
- Your eyes become refreshed, and the skin gets rejuvenated.
- The lost glow and brightness of the eyes is restored
- It helps you regain your confidence and self-esteem
- It is an FDA-approved and safe procedure with no severe and long-term complications or side-effects
Blepharoplasty Cost in Dubai
The cost of double eyelid surgery is not fixed because it depends on some variable factors. Therefore, the price differs from patient to patient. The average starting price of eyelid surgery is AED 8000. You can consult with our expert surgeons to know the exact cost of the treatment.
Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery FAQs
How long does it take to heal after eyelid surgery?
The recovery period for eyelid surgery slightly varies for every patient. Usually, the patients can continue their routine within 7-10 days after the surgery. The healing completes by the end of the second week as most of the swelling subsides.
Does eyelid surgery make eyes bigger?
Yes, eyelid surgery can help make the eyes look bigger, but it cannot enlarge their size. When the excessive tissues are removed from above and below the eyes, it gives an impression of bigger-looking eyes.
What are the dangers of eyelid surgery?
Like any other cosmetic procedure, Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery also has some complications associated with it. Some of the possible risks include infection, bleeding, dry eyes, irritation, pain, or irritation upon closing the eyelids, and other related problems.
What is the difference between Normal Eyelid Surgery and Asian Eyelid Surgery?
Naturally, Asian eyelids do not have a crease like other eyelids. Therefore, in Asian Blepharoplasty, apart from the fat removal in the upper eyelid, a crease is also created. This step is not performed in traditional eyelid surgery.
How long do the results last?
The results of Blepharoplasty can last for up to 10 years.
Get a Free Consultation
If you want to know more about the Blepharoplasty procedure, please visit Euromed Clinic anytime. We currently have the best surgeons for Eyelid surgery in Dubai who have decades of experience with this particular treatment. You can call us at our provided numbers or fill the online consultation form to book your appointment.