The aging signs make us look older than our actual age. The Blepharoplasty is often used to treat the aging signs such as drooping, saggy or baggy eyelids. Continue reading to know the cost, benefits, results, side effects, procedure, and more.
- What is Blepharoplasty?
- Results and Benefits
- The Machine We Use
- Who is a Candidate?
- What is the Aim of Treatment?
- Which Technique is Used?
- How is the Treatment Performed?
- How to Prepare for the Treatment?
- Post-Op Care and the Recovery Time
- Cost of Blepharoplasty
- Schedule a Free Consultation
- Special Discount Offer for You!
What is Blepharoplasty?
One of the key telltale signs of aging is drooping, saggy or baggy eyelids, caused by the loss of elasticity as skin ages. Younger people may also consider this procedure if their eyelids droop in such a way to affect their peripheral vision. In either case, blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, can completely solve the problem, leaving you with a more alert, youthful appearance, and clearer vision.
Results and Benefits
The results of blepharoplasty tend to become visible 2-4 weeks after the surgery, once the swelling goes down. An upper eyelid blepharoplasty (sometimes called an “eye lift”) should not be confused with upper eyelid ptosis surgery, which is a procedure to raise the position of the upper eyelid margin by tightening the muscle and tendon that normally elevate it.
Blepharoplasty surgery sometimes can elevate an upper eyelid margin slightly if the heaviness of the excessive skin actually is “weighing down” the upper eyelid, causing it to droop. You can expect the following benefits and results from the Blepharoplasty Treatment;
- The vision obscured by sagging eyelids will be restored.
- The eyes will become more refreshed and rejuvenated.
- The person will look more vibrant even without makeup.
- The self-esteem, quality of your life and confidence will be improved.
Who is a Candidate?
You can be a good candidate for this procedure if the following applies to you;
- The people who do not smoke and drink.
- The people without serious eye conditions.
- The people with good mental and physical health.
- The people who want to improve their eyes appearance.
- The people having realistic expectations with the treatment.
What is the Aim of Treatment?
The Blepharoplasty aims at achieving the following goals;
- To make the eye vision better.
- To make the person look younger and fresh.
- To boost the confidence and self-esteem of the patient.
Which Technique is Used?
The surgical and invasive treatment technique will be used. If performed by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon, the treatment will deliver fewer side effects and better results.
How is the Treatment Performed?
One of our highly qualified plastic surgeons will remove excess skin, muscle and sometimes fat from either the upper or lower eyelids, or sometimes both. The surgery is usually performed under light anaesthesia, although it can be performed under general anaesthesia in some cases (this usually depends on the extent of the surgery and the patient’s’ individual needs/wishes). Upper eyelid surgery generally takes between 45-60 minutes, while lower lid blepharoplasty can take up to 90 minutes.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
The pre-treatment instructions from the doctor may include the following;
- Stop smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohols.
- Stop the use of aspirin and blood-thinners medicines.
- The person will have to take the prescribed medicines.
- The person will have to get the prescribed lab tests done.
Post-Op Care and the Recovery Time
Patients can usually be discharged on the same day, around 4-6 hours after the surgery. Full recovery will normally take around two weeks, and your surgeon will talk you through exactly how to aid your recovery, such as by wearing dark glasses and avoiding contact lenses.
- The patient will have to take painkillers for two to five days.
- The patient will have to take great care of the treatment site.
- The patient will feel tightness and pulling sensation after the surgery.
- It takes a week for the dryness and irritation in the eyes to go completely.
- The patient will be able to resume the routine activities after one to two weeks.
Cost of Blepharoplasty
The cost of Blepharoplasty is not fixed because it depends on some variable factors. The EuroMed Clinic is offering it at a reasonable price. Moreover, we have a discount offer for you as well. So contact us now and know the exact cost.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you want to know more about the Blepharoplasty Procedure, please feel free to contact the EuroMed Clinic anytime. Take advantage of our free online consultation now. Call us or fill the online form to contact us.
Special Discount Offer for You!
If you are interested in this procedure, we have a great discount offer for you. You can avail up to 50% off the regular price. If you are ready to get bespoke eyes, this is your chance. Call us or fill the online form and get this offer.