Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL), also known as Buttock Augmentation with Fat Grafting, is a surgical procedure that restores the butt’s shape and volume. It helps enhance and reshape the gluteal muscles of the butt to improve its contours. However, unlike other butt augmentation treatments, BBL uses the patient’s body fat to increase the buttock’s size.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aim of BBL Treatment
- 2 Who is the Ideal Candidate?
- 3 Pre-Surgery Guidelines
- 4 How is Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
- 5 Alternative Treatment
- 6 Post-Surgery Guidelines
- 7 Recovery & Results
- 8 Benefits
- 9 Possible Complications
- 10 Brazilian Butt Lift Cost
- 11 Brazilian Butt Lift FAQs
- 12 Get a Consultation
Aim of BBL Treatment
Brazilian Butt Lift aims to:
- Provide fuller and lifted buttocks.
- Increase the size of the buttocks significantly.
- Restore your lost confidence and self-esteem.
- Reduce fat from your abdomen, hips, lower back, and thighs.
- Improve the overall appearance of the body.
- Add perkiness to the small and flat buttock.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
You are a suitable candidate for Brazilian butt lift if you:
- Have small, flat, or disproportionate buttocks.
- Want to increase the butt size without implants.
- Possess adequate fat deposits in donor areas.
- Are above 18 and have a stable weight.
- Have good physical and mental health.
Before performing Brazilian butt lift surgery, your cosmetic surgeon will provide you with instructions to prepare your body for the surgery. These instructions include:
- Avoid blood-thinning medications and herbal supplements to reduce the risk of bleeding.
- Stop using anti-inflammatory drugs before the surgery.
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
How is Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
Brazilian butt lift treatment is performed on an outpatient basis and under general anesthesia. The whole procedure requires an hour to complete, and the patient can go home after getting the treatment.
The first step of BBL surgery is fat extraction from the donor area. Your surgeon will extract fat grafts from areas like the stomach and thighs through liposuction. For this reason, they will make micro-incisions at the donor area and insert a small cannula to collect fat deposits. These extracted fat grafts are then processed and filtered to be transferred to the buttocks.
The fat cells are separated from the other fluid withdrawn during liposuction during the filtration and purification process. The purified fat is then transferred to the buttocks to augment their size and shape.
An alternate non-invasive approach to increase buttocks volume is called “Butt Augmentation with Fillers or Butt Fillers.” Butt augmentation fillers have gained popularity due to their non-invasiveness, effectiveness, and quick results. The most common butt fillers used for buttock enhancement are Sculptra Fillers. They add volume to your buttocks and enhance their shape without surgery and stitches. The patients can resume their routine activities soon after getting the injections.
Some general aftercare instructions for Brazilian butt lift are as follows:
- Take medicines as per your surgeon’s prescription.
- Sleep on the stomach and place pillows under your thighs.
- Use a donut seat for sitting during the recovery period.
- Avoid all the activities that put pressure on your buttocks.
- Refrain from strenuous activities for one week.
- Avoid sitting in a typical pose for at least 9 weeks after the surgery.
Recovery & Results
The recovery period for Brazilian butt lifts varies from patient to patient, but generally, it takes almost two to three weeks to recover fully. You will experience swelling in the treated area during the recovery phase, but it disappears after five days. Also, you will feel a pain in the rear side that can be managed with medications. The stitches are removed after five days of the surgery.
The results of the Brazilian butt lift are long-lasting. You will notice the final outcomes six months after the surgery once the swelling subsides.
BBL surgery has the following benefits:
- It enhances the size, shape, and volume of the buttocks.
- The results are natural-looking and long-lasting.
- You can get rid of the excess fat in your thighs, waist, and stomach.
- Brazilian butt lift improves the contour of your buttocks and lifts them.
- The procedure is relatively safe and causes minimal scarring.
It has very few risks as compared to butt augmentation with implants. Some possible complications associated with Brazilian butt lift are:
- Lumps under the skin
Brazilian Butt Lift Cost
The Brazilian Butt Lift cost in Dubai varies from person to person depending on some factors, which include the following:
- The clinic’s location
- The surgeon’s expertise
- The patient’s desired results
The price of a Brazilian butt lift usually starts from AED 30,000, whereas the starting cost of butt augmentation with fillers is AED 2500. It is advised to consult with a surgeon to know the exact price relevant to your case.
Brazilian Butt Lift FAQs
Is Brazilian butt lift permanent?
Brazilian butt lift surgery offers long-lasting results that last for up to ten years. However, the effects are not permanent, and your buttock’s appearance will change over time due to aging. Therefore, it is recommended to maintain a healthy diet and stable weight to retain the results for longer.
Is Brazilian Butt Lift Safe?
Apart from the temporary side effects associated with any surgical procedures, the Brazilian Buttock Lift is an entirely safe treatment. There are thousands of patients who underwent this procedure without any severe complications.
Does a Brazilian butt lift require anesthesia?
Yes, a Brazilian butt lift is performed either under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. It helps reduce the discomfort during the procedure.
Which is better, the Brazilian Butt Lift or Sculptra Butt Lift?
Both of them are suitable depending on your desired results. Brazilian Butt Lift can be used for dramatic and long-lasting changes. On the other hand, Sculptra Butt Lift is better if you want a non-invasive treatment with subtle results.
Get a Consultation
If you want to get Brazilain butt lift surgery, please visit Euromed Clinic Center and schedule an initial consultation with our surgeons. All of our cosmetic surgeons are highly qualified and board-certified with decades of experience. They will answer all your questions related to the treatment and guide you about the pros and cons. You just need to schedule an appointment by filling in the form or calling us, and our staff members will contact you immediately.