Flat or unshapely buttocks can be a result of aging, significant weight loss, genetics, or a combination of different factors. But regardless of why your buttocks lack volume or shape, you can make them fuller and rounder with a Brazilian butt lift. This treatment is mainly for individuals who have been unable to achieve an attractive backside curve despite a challenging physical workout regimen.
A Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer technique that improves the shape and size of your buttocks. During this treatment, a practitioner extracts excess fat from your abdomen, hips, thighs, or lower back using liposuction. This fat is processed and re-injected strategically into different areas of the buttocks.
Aside from improving the appearance of the entire lower body, fat transfer during a Brazilian butt lift also helps reduce excess fat in the ‘donor’ areas.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aim of BBL Treatment
- 2 Who is the Ideal Candidate?
- 3 Pre-Surgery Guidelines
- 4 How is Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
- 5 Recovery & Results
- 6 Post-Surgery Guidelines
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Possible Complications
- 9 Brazilian Butt Lift Cost
- 10 Alternative Treatment
- 11 Is Brazilian butt lift permanent?
- 12 Is Brazilian Butt Lift Safe?
- 13 Does a Brazilian butt lift require anesthesia?
- 14 Which is better, the Brazilian Butt Lift or Sculptra Butt Lift?
- 15 Book an Appointment
Aim of BBL Treatment
Brazilian Butt Lift aims to:
- Provide fuller and lifted buttocks.
- Increase the size of the buttocks significantly.
- Restore your lost confidence and self-esteem.
- Reduce fat from your abdomen, hips, lower back, and thighs.
- Improve the overall appearance of the body.
- Add perkiness to the small and flat buttocks.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
You are a suitable candidate for a Brazilian butt lift if you:
- Have small, flat, or disproportionate buttocks.
- Want to increase your butt size without implants.
- Possess adequate fat deposits in donor areas.
- Are above 18 and have a stable body weight.
- Have good physical and mental health.
Before performing Brazilian butt lift surgery, your cosmetic surgeon will provide instructions to prepare your body for the surgery. These instructions may include the following:
- Avoid blood-thinning medications and herbal supplements to reduce the risk of bleeding.
- Stop using anti-inflammatory drugs before the surgery.
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
How is Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
Brazilian butt lift treatment is performed under general anesthesia. The entire procedure usually lasts an hour.
The first step of BBL surgery is fat extraction from the donor area. Through liposuction, your surgeon will extract fat grafts from regions like the stomach and thighs. The extracted fat grafts are processed, purified, and re-injected into particular buttocks areas to achieve the intended shape and volume. This treatment doesn’t involve much pain, but you may experience tenderness in the treated region.
Recovery & Results
Once you wake up after surgery, you may feel soreness in the treated body areas (liposuction site and buttocks). The surgical staff will keep you under observation for several hours to monitor your health. They will let you go home once they are sure you do not need monitoring anymore.
The complete recovery after a Brazilian butt lift may take up to six months. During this time, you will need to pay particular attention to your diet to accelerate healing. You may also incorporate workouts that engage your buttocks, such as squats, lunges, and leg lifts.
The final results of the Brazilian butt lift appear once the swelling subsides and recovery is complete.
Some general aftercare instructions for Brazilian butt lift are as follows:
- Take medicines as per your surgeon’s prescription.
- Sleep on your stomach and place pillows under your thighs.
- Use a donut seat for sitting during the recovery period.
- Avoid all the activities that put pressure on your buttocks.
- Refrain from strenuous activities for one week.
- Avoid sitting in a typical pose for at least nine weeks after the surgery.
BBL surgery has the following benefits:
- It enhances the size, shape, and volume of the buttocks.
- The results are natural-looking and long-lasting.
- It eliminates the excess fat in your thighs, waist, and stomach.
- Brazilian butt lift improves the contour of your buttocks and lifts them.
- The procedure is relatively safe and causes minimal scarring.
It has very few risks as compared to butt augmentation with implants. Some possible complications associated with Brazilian butt lift are:
- Lumps under the skin
Brazilian Butt Lift Cost
The price of a Brazilian butt lift in Dubai usually starts from AED 30,000. The exact treatment cost varies from person to person, generally depending on some factors, which include:
- The clinic’s location
- The surgeon’s expertise
- The patient’s desired results
It is advised to consult with a surgeon to know the exact price relevant to your case.
An alternate non-surgical approach to increase buttocks volume is called “Butt Augmentation with Fillers or Butt Fillers.” It is an effective treatment that delivers quick results. The most common butt fillers used for buttock enhancement are Sculptra Fillers. They add volume to your buttocks and enhance their shape without surgery and stitches. The patients can resume their routine activities soon after getting the injections.
Is Brazilian butt lift permanent?
A Brazilian butt lift delivers semi-permanent results. This is because fat cells can loosen over the years, lessening the treatment effect. However, these results are long-lasting enough to give you years of youthful appearance.
Is Brazilian Butt Lift Safe?
A Brazilian butt lift involves autologous fat transfer or fat grafting, which, according to most medical experts, is a safe procedure. However, there is a small risk of fat entering the bloodstream as there are a lot of blood vessels in the buttocks region. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you get this treatment from a skilled plastic surgeon.
Does a Brazilian butt lift require anesthesia?
Yes, a Brazilian butt lift is performed either under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. It helps reduce discomfort during the procedure.
Which is better, the Brazilian Butt Lift or Sculptra Butt Lift?
Both of them are suitable depending on your desired results. Brazilian Butt Lift can help bring dramatic and long-lasting changes to your backside’s appearance. On the other hand, Sculptra Butt Lift is a non-surgical treatment that delivers subtle results.
Book an Appointment
Contact EuroMed Clinic Dubai at +971 4 394 5422 or fill out the form below.