Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that has helped millions of women regain their self-esteem and confidence by increasing their breast size and shape. Commonly referred to as ‘Breast Enlargement’ or ‘Breast Enhancement’ as well as ‘Augmentation Mammoplasty’, this procedure is also called Boob Job.
Many women undergo breast augmentation in Dubai because of cosmetic reasons, deformation issues, and mastectomies (breast tissue removal because of breast cancer). Breast augmentation drastically improves breast size and makes them look fuller and perkier.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the Aim of Breast Augmentation?
- 2 Who is a Good Candidate?
- 3 Breast Augmentation Techniques
- 4 How to Prepare for Breast Enhancement?
- 5 Breast Augmentation Procedure
- 6 Aftercare & Recovery
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Results
- 9 Breast Augmentation FAQs
- 9.1 Is This Procedure Painless?
- 9.2 Breast Augmentation Procedure Last For?
- 9.3 Can I breastfeed after breast augmentation surgery?
- 9.4 When can I return to normal activities after breast implant surgery?
- 9.5 Will the new implants affect my physical functioning, can I lift heavy objects?
- 9.6 What are breast implants?
- 9.7 Is breast augmentation permanent?
- 10 Cost of Breast Augmentation in Dubai
- 11 Schedule a Free Consultation
What is the Aim of Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery in Dubai aims to;
- Increase and enhance the bra cup size
- Provide a boost in self-esteem and confidence
- Complement the overall body look
- Enhance the size and shape of breasts after weight loss, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Restore breast symmetry (one breast is smaller or larger than the other) and body contours
- Restore shape and volume that was lost due to aging and deformation
Who is a Good Candidate?
A healthy and normal woman with stable blood pressure can undergo a breast enlargement procedure. The following women are good candidates for breast augmentation treatment;
- Who are not currently breastfeeding or pregnant
- Who have fully developed breasts and are more than 18 years of age
- Who have very small breasts (flat-chested)
- Women with asymmetrical or uneven breasts due to some birth problem
- Females who are not satisfied with the shape and size of the breasts
- Women who had a mastectomy (breast tissue removal) due to breast cancer
- Women with sagging breasts and drooping nipples.
Breast Augmentation Techniques
Using Implants for breast augmentation is very common because these implants can enhance and improve breast size and shape significantly. Plenty of women use implants for breast augmentation and are quite happy with the results. Three main techniques are used for breast augmentation and enlargement including;
The Short Scar Breast Augmentation
This breast augmentation technique involves making an incision of about 3cm on the underside of the breasts. After that, an implant is put into the pocket made with the help of a special device known as the Keller-funnel. The size of these incisions is 1.7cm that usually shrinks to 1.5cm with time.
Scarless Breast Augmentation
In the scarless breast augmentation procedure, the surgical incisions are made under the armpit or crease of the breast in such a way that the scar is not visible to the onlooker. An umbilical incision can also be made for some women for scarless breast enhancement.
AFT Breast Augmentation (Fat Transfer)
In this type of breast augmentation, no implants are used. Instead, the surgeon extracts the excess fat from another part of the patient’s body and transfers it to the breasts to increase their size.
How to Prepare for Breast Enhancement?
There are no special preparations for breast augmentation Dubai as the patients just need to follow a few instructions from their plastic surgeon.
- Undergo blood tests, breast mammography, and ultrasonography, and any other procedure that the surgeon has recommended. This will provide your practitioner with better insights into your health and condition.
- Don’t use any cosmetics or any other moisturizer on the target area unless recommended by the surgeon.
- Do not use any medication that causes blood thinning.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
Here is the step-by-step breast enlargement procedure:
Step 1: The patient is made unconscious with the help of general anesthesia and the target area is cleaned.
Step 2: Incisions are made depending on the technique being used.
Step 3: Pockets are created with the help of incisions and implants are inserted inside these pockets. Silicone implants are inserted prefilled but saline implants are filled with saline solution after insertion.
Step 4: In the last step the incisions are closed with the help of surgical stitches or sutures.
This procedure takes 90-120 minutes at max and usually does not require an overnight stay. Some patients feel dizzy after the surgery because of the general anesthesia which is why we recommend bringing someone with you who could drive you back to your home.
Aftercare & Recovery
It’s completely normal to feel some localized pain and tenderness after the surgery. The patient will also experience swelling and loss of sensation for some time after the treatment. You can either wait for 6-12 months for the hidden incision scars (under the breast) to naturally fade away or you can opt for scar removal treatment to improve the appearance of those small scars.
You can also speed up the recovery process by following these instructions
- Use surgical bras and compression garments
- Get lots of sleep and do not stress
- Eat healthy and light foods
- Stay well hydrated
- Take a full week off from work for better recovery
Following are the amazing benefits of getting a boob job:
- It’s a long-lasting solution for maintaining the ideal figure
- You look and feel better in swim-suits
- It will give you a young and attractive appearance
- The treatment improves your body contours
- You will no longer face sagging and drooping breast issues
The patient will experience a very significant change in the breast size immediately after the breast enlargement surgery. However, the actual results are only visible after the tightness and swelling settle down. After a few weeks, you will be able to admire the new and enhanced shape of your breasts
The scars will take much longer to fade away naturally, however you can still opt for a scar removal treatment to reduce the appearance of scars.
Breast Augmentation FAQs
Is This Procedure Painless?
Discomfort and mild pain are associated with breast augmentation procedures. When you get breast enlargement surgery, you may not feel any pain due to the effect of anesthesia. However, during the recovery period, you may feel pain. Therefore, you will be prescribed painkillers to combat that pain.
Breast Augmentation Procedure Last For?
It depends on different aspects include how you take care of them, what type of implants you have got, etc. Hence, whatever the matter is, they usually last for 10 years.
Can I breastfeed after breast augmentation surgery?
Yes, you can breastfeed after breast augmentation surgery. Though, you need to discuss this with your doctor before getting the treatment.
When can I return to normal activities after breast implant surgery?
It may vary from patient to patient. However, according to an estimate, you can get back to your normal activities after 25-30 days of your breast surgery.
Will the new implants affect my physical functioning, can I lift heavy objects?
The new implants will not affect your physical functioning for a long time. However, it depends on the size of the implant. As far as heavy lifting is concerned, it will not affect the implant when it heals properly.
What are breast implants?
Breast implants are medical shells that are mostly made up of silicone. These implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes. There are different types of breast implants, each of them is suitable for different candidates with different needs. These types include:
● Silicone breast implants
● The gummy bear implants
● Saline & structured saline breast implants
● Round & textured breast implants
Is breast augmentation permanent?
Breast implants being used today are much safer, reliable, and long-lasting than in the past but even then, the results are not permanent. Implants may lose their texture and volume over time.
Aging of implants, weight issues, pregnancy, and breastfeeding can also affect the longevity of results. Even the best implants that are available, last for 15 years at maximum.
Also, Learn About Dubai Breast Reduction
Cost of Breast Augmentation in Dubai
It’s hard to tell the average or exact cost of the breast augmentation procedure as it depends on different factors including the:
- Type of implant used
- Patient’s expectations
- Extent of treatment
- Surgeon’s expertise
- Type of clinic
- Patient’s skin elasticity
The average starting price of breast augmentation is AED 27000. To know the exact cost, you can consult with our expert surgeons who will give you an exact price quote for enhancing the size of your breasts.
Schedule a Free Consultation
The highly-qualified breast surgeons at EuroMed Clinic Dubai have decades of experience in performing breast augmentation procedures. We have a great facility and the latest technology along with well-trained nurses and support staff to give you an experience of a lifetime. So, what are you waiting for? Visit our clinic or book a free consultation session with one of our expert breast surgeons by filling in the online form.