Breasts are an important part of a woman’s anatomy, symbolising femininity and confidence. With time, factors like aging, weight loss, breastfeeding, and genetics might lead to changes in breast shape. However, with advanced techniques and expert care, Breast Augmentation in Dubai offers a wonderful opportunity for women to reclaim their body’s youthful contour and symmetry.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Breast Augmentation?
- 2 Before and After
- 4 What Can Breast Augmentation Do?
- 5 Am I A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation?
- 6 What Should I Expect During Breast Augmentation Consultation?
- 7 Preparing for Breast Augmentation
- 8 Breast Augmentation Procedure
- 9 What Happens on the Day of Surgery?
- 10 Breast Augmentation Recovery
- 11 Results
- 12 What are the Risks of Breast Augmentation?
- 13 What is the Difference Between Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants?
- 14 What is the Cost of Breast Augmentation Surgery in Dubai?
- 15 How Painful is Breast Augmentation?
- 16 How Long Will the Results Last?
- 17 How Long Does a Breast Augmentation Take?
- 18 Schedule a Free Consultation
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, commonly known as a ‘Boob Job’ or ‘Augmentation Mammoplasty’, is a plastic surgery procedure carried out to increase breast size, enhance its shape, and improve symmetry. It involves using breast implants or fat transfer to enhance the breast volume and achieve a more desirable breast shape and/or improve asymmetrical breasts.
Before and After
What Can Breast Augmentation Do?
Women undergo surgical breast enhancement for various reasons. Some undergo the procedure to boost low self-esteem due to smaller breasts, while others opt for it to restore lost breast volume after undergoing mastectomy.
Breast augmentation surgery in Dubai can help:
- Adjust the size and shape of your breasts following weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- Provides you with better shape and volume, enhancing your overall body contour
- Restore the overall balance of your figure by correcting asymmetrical breasts
- Achieve the desired bra size
- Boost confidence
Am I A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation?
Augmentation mammoplasty is a purely cosmetic procedure and opting for it should always be a personal choice. You may be considered an ideal candidate for the procedure if you meet the following candidacy criteria:
- Your breasts have stopped growing
- You have small or uneven breasts that are making you uncomfortable
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are healthy and have realistic expectations
- You are 22 or above
What Should I Expect During Breast Augmentation Consultation?
During the consultation, your plastic surgeon will ask you the reason you want to undergo the procedure and your expectations about the end result. You will undergo a full physical exam of your breasts and adjacent contours. Your surgeon will also brief you about the procedure, what to expect, pre- and post-op preparation, and any potential side effects and complications involved.
It is recommended to ask as many questions as you can during the consultation, so you have clarity about the procedure.
Preparing for Breast Augmentation
Preparing for breast augmentation surgery involves following preoperative guidelines given by your plastic surgeon. Your doctor will advise you to:
- Stop smoking a few weeks before the procedure
- Avoid certain blood-thinning medications such as aspirin and herbal supplements
Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure. The procedure can vary depending on the type of implant you are about to receive. Therefore, first, you need to know about implants.
What are Breast Implants?
Breast implants are artificial silicone shells that are filled with either silicone gel or saline. They come in different shapes and sizes with prominent shapes such as teardrop implants and round implants. Three types of breast augmentation procedures, as discussed below, are used to enhance breast volume:
Gummy Bear Breast Implants: Gummy bear breast implants are pre-filled with solid cohesive silicone gel that are resistant to wear and tear. When touched, they mimic the feel of natural breast tissues; soft, smooth, and supple. Consequently, they cost more than other implants.
Silicone Implants: These silicone gel-filled implants are elastic and soft to the touch. They come pre-filled and a relatively longer incision is made to insert them. The silicone implants, like gummy bear implants, give feelings of real and natural breasts during intimate relationships.
Saline Implants: Saline implants can be filled with sterile saltwater during the procedure or can be used pre-filled. This allows for a smaller incision compared to pre-filled silicone implants. Saline implants generally come in round shape and are less expensive than silicone implants.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation: Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation involves using liposuction to remove fat from other parts of the patient’s body and injecting it into the breasts. This method is ideal for those who prefer a more natural augmentation without the use of implants. However, in the majority of cases, the life expectancy of this procedure is less than that of artificial implants.
What Happens on the Day of Surgery?
- On the day of breast augmentation surgery, you will arrive at the hospital on the decided time.
- Your blood pressure and sugar level will be checked, and the staff will help prepare you mentally for the procedure.
- After that, you will receive general anesthesia or a combination of an IV sedation paired with local anesthesia. Both of them aim to make you feel comfortable during the procedure.
- After the breast augmentation surgery is performed, you will spend a few hours in the recovery room.
- Once you are stable and able to move, a friend or family member can drive you home.
- You will need someone to help you through the first night, so plan accordingly.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Before leaving the hospital after surgery, your surgeon will provide you with a list of post-op instructions, follow-up appointment dates, and some prescription medicines.
Use a compression bandage or wear a sports bra during the recovery for extra support and proper positioning of the breast implants.
Expect to experience some soreness, swelling, bruising, and discomfort for a couple of weeks. Use prescribed pain medication to relieve pain and discomfort. Follow your plastic surgeon’s instructions on when you can resume routine activities. On average, people recover fully in about four to six weeks. Avoid strenuous activities, lifting heavy objects, and overworking yourself during the recovery period.
The results of breast augmentation surgery are immediate but could be obscured by post-op swelling. They become apparent gradually as the swelling subsides.
What are the Risks of Breast Augmentation?
When performed by a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon, Breast Augmentation does not involve any serious risks. Some common side effects associated with breast augmentation surgery include:
- Pain and tenderness
- Capsular contracture
- Changes in breast and nipple sensation
- Implant rupture or leakage
- Changes in implant position
What is the Difference Between Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants?
Breast augmentation refers to the procedure done to enlarge breasts, whereas breast implants are synthetic objects surgically inserted into the chest area to support the augmentation process
You May Also Read Breast Lift
What is the Cost of Breast Augmentation Surgery in Dubai?
The starting cost of breast augmentation surgery in Dubai is AED 27,000. The prices may change with the change in the type of implants and expertise of the practitioner along with the geographical location of the clinic.
How Painful is Breast Augmentation?
Pain associated with breast augmentation is mostly at its peak in the first three days after the procedure. However, pain medications prescribed by surgeons can help relieve it.
How Long Will the Results Last?
The results of breast augmentation surgery depend on the type of implants and your personal post-procedure care. Generally, silicone breast implants can last anywhere between 15-20 years if properly cared for. The saline breast implants, on the other hand, can last between 10-15 years, but they can also deflate earlier than the mentioned duration.
How Long Does a Breast Augmentation Take?
Breast augmentation surgery can take anywhere between 1 hour to 2 hours, depending on the type of implant, the expertise of the surgeon, the incision area, and other factors.
Schedule a Free Consultation
At Euromed Clinic Dubai, we have highly qualified Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons who are experts in performing breast augmentation procedures. We have well-trained nurses and a great support staff that will be with you every step of the way. Book a free consultation with one of our expert plastic surgeons by calling us at +971 4 394 5422 or by filling out the online consultation form.