Breast Lift, also known as Mastopexy, is a surgical treatment to reshape and raise saggy breasts. The primary purpose of this treatment is to reduce sagginess in your breasts and make them shapelier and firmer.
Typical breast lift surgery involves nipple repositioning, usually a bit higher on the chest wall. The surgeon will also remove any loose breast tissues and excess skin to give your breasts a more tightened and youthful appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why is Breast Lift Carried Out?
- 2 Breast Lift (Mastopexy) Before & After
- 4 Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
- 5 What Are The Benefits Of Breast Lift Surgery?
- 6 Techniques Used In Breast Lift Surgery
- 7 Pre-Procedure Care
- 8 Breast Lift (Mastopexy) Surgery Procedure
- 9 Post-Treatment Care
- 10 Breast Lift Surgery Recovery
- 11 What are the Risks of Breast Lift?
- 12 How Much Does the Average Breast Lift Cost?
- 13 How Long Does the Result of Breast Lift Surgery Last?
- 14 How Painful is a Breast Lift?
- 15 Will I Still be Able to Breastfeed After Breast Lift Surgery?
- 16 Does a Breast Lift Leave Scars?
- 17 How Long Does it Take to See the Full Result of the Breast Lift Surgery?
- 18 Can Breast Lift Surgery be Performed with Breast Augmentation?
- 19 Consult our Surgeon
- 20 Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- 21 Dr. Ken Arashiro
Why is Breast Lift Carried Out?
Mastopexy surgery mainly restores sagging breasts caused by:
- Fluctuations in the body weight
Having all that said, breast lift surgery doesn’t alter the size of your breasts. Therefore, if you are interested in changing the volume or size of your breasts, you can consider a breast augmentation or breast reduction treatment.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy) Before & After
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
An ideal candidate for breast lift surgery is one who has:
- Drooping or sagging breasts
- Stretched skin on breasts
- Nipples that point downward and drop below the crease of the breasts
- Has stable weight and in overall good health
- Moreover, she must have realistic expectations from the procedure.
What Are The Benefits Of Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast lift surgery has been recognized as one of the viable methods to restore a woman’s youthful appearance. This procedure helps you get the following benefits:
- Improved shape and symmetry of the breasts
- Improved nipple projection
- Long-lasting results
- Minimal scarring
- Better fitting clothes and improved self-confidence
Techniques Used In Breast Lift Surgery
There are four main techniques used in breast lift surgery. Here is a brief overview of those techniques.
Crescent Breast Lift: This technique is recommended for women with minimal sagging. This surgical technique involves only one incision running halfway along the areola’s outer edge.
Benelli Lift: This technique is also for women with mild sagginess of their breasts. Benelli or donut lift results in a subtle lifting, bringing your breasts more in shape. During this technique, the surgeon makes a circular cut around the outer edge of the areola.
Lollipop Lift: During this procedure, the surgeon makes two incisions: the circular one around the edge of the areola and a vertical one starting from the areola’s bottom down to the inframammary fold. Hence, this procedure involves significant breast reshaping.
Anchor Lift: During the anchor lift procedure, a surgeon makes three incisions: one that runs around the outer edge of the areola, one that runs vertically down from the bottom of the areola to the inframammary fold, and one that runs horizontally along the natural breast crease.
Your surgeon will choose from different breast lift techniques, depending on the shape and size of your breasts and the amount of lift they require.
During the initial consultations, the surgeon will direct you to stop taking any blood-thinning drugs, such as aspirin. They will also instruct you to stop smoking about a month before the procedure.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy) Surgery Procedure
Following are the typical steps involved in breast lift surgery:
- Marking the surgery area to determine the new, lifted nipple position on the breast.
- They are administering general anesthesia to ensure the patient’s comfort during the procedure.
- Making an incision around the areola, depending on the surgical technique.
- After making the incision(s), the surgeon will lift your breasts to perform reshaping.
- Moving of areolas to the desired position.
- Removing extra skin to make breasts look firm.
- In the end, the surgeon will use sutures, stitches, or skin adhesives to close the incisions.
Taking good care of the surgery area after a breast lift will help you ensure a smooth recovery followed by your desired outcome. Here are some aftercare steps your surgeon will want you to follow:
- Ensure to keep the surgery area dry, clean, and bandaged according to your surgeon’s instructions.
- You may need to avoid shower baths for a few days. Alternatively, you can consider sponge bathing.
- Since a breast lift is a surgical procedure, it is followed by a recovery duration of a few weeks. Therefore, it is advisable to take a week off from work and have complete rest at home for optimum recovery.
- Your doctor will probably advise you against lifting heavy objects and bending at your hips until your incisions heal entirely.
Breast Lift Surgery Recovery
Your breasts will be firm and swollen immediately after surgery. You will also experience mild to moderate pain for the first 2-3 days. So your doctor will likely prescribe medication to manage this pain.
You may return to your daily routine, including daily exercising, generally after 4-6 weeks or when you recover fully.
What are the Risks of Breast Lift?
Breast lift surgery comes with relatively rare complications. Those complications include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Breast asymmetry
It is worth noticing that properly following aftercare instructions helps reduce the risk of complications significantly.
How Much Does the Average Breast Lift Cost?
The starting price of a Breast Lift is AED 27,000. The most significant cost determinator is the technique used to perform this surgery. You can get an accurate price estimate during the initial consultation.
How Long Does the Result of Breast Lift Surgery Last?
The average lifespan of a breast lift is 10-15 years. Some people experience fuller results for up to 15 years, while some need minor alterations in a few years. Overall, the longevity of results depends on how well you take care of the treated area.
How Painful is a Breast Lift?
According to most women who underwent breast lift surgery, the procedure was less painful than expected. In general, post-op pain lasts a couple of weeks after breast lift surgery. Even this pain is manageable with medications that your surgeon would suggest.
Will I Still be Able to Breastfeed After Breast Lift Surgery?
Yes, you can nurse your baby after a breast lift surgery. A surgery’s tendency to affect the milk supply has everything to do with cutting milk ducts during the operation. Fortunately, a breast lift doesn’t involve cutting those ducts in most cases.
Does a Breast Lift Leave Scars?
Since a breast lift involves incisions, there will be scars after surgery. However, these scars are generally too insignificant to notice. However, your best bet is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon if you want to get a breast lift without ending up with prominent scarring.
How Long Does it Take to See the Full Result of the Breast Lift Surgery?
You will see the final result of the breast lift a few months after the surgery. During that period, the swelling and bruising will fade away. However, the incision lines will remain there, fading away with time.
Can Breast Lift Surgery be Performed with Breast Augmentation?
Yes, an ideal candidate can maximize the benefits of a breast augmentation procedure by adding it with a breast lift.
Consult our Surgeon
At Euromed Clinic Dubai, we offer breast lift treatment from the hands of highly skilled, board-certified plastic surgeons, who, with the help of their extensive experience, help you get the best body figure. For more information and booking, please call us at +971 4 394 5422.