Saggy skin with drooping breasts is a legacy of motherhood as well as one of the first signs of ageing in women. However, the drooping breast problem is not just related to ageing, as nursing and breast-feeding can also lead to saggy and loose breasts. With a simple breast lift surgery, every woman can now make her breasts look perkier and more attractive.
Read on to know everything about a breast lift in Dubai. Here are the answers to all your questions regarding this treatment.
What is a Breast Lift or Mastopexy?
Breast lift surgery also known as Mastopexy or plastic surgery mammoplasty is a surgical cosmetic procedure. This treatment aims to lift and raise sagging breasts by physically modifying the size and elevation of the breasts. This particular procedure also contours the breasts to give a perky and attractive appearance.
Aim of Surgical Mammoplasty
With multiple pregnancies and constant breastfeeding the fibrous bands of the skin stretch and break. With no proper support, the skin of the breasts also becomes very loose. Here’s why you should consider this procedure:
- The breast lift treatment gives a more youthful appearance to a woman.
- This treatment helps uplift the supporting breast tissues, adjust breast position.
- This treatment fixes the position of nipples towards a more central position.
- It helps rejuvenate the skin by trimming off the excess skin on the breasts.
- It can help restore self-esteem and confidence
- This treatment can make you look 5-6 years younger than your actual age
Techniques Used for Breast Lift Surgery
Breast lift is a surgical procedure. In this procedure, a surgeon manually makes incisions to remove the excess skin. The excisions are made in such a way that there is minimal scarring after the procedure.
These are the three types of Breast Lift procedures:
- Crescent Lift: The skin that is on top of the nipples is removed during this lift.
- Lollipop Lift: In this lift, Incisions are made around the areolas that extend towards the breasts in a downward direction.
- Benelli Lift: In this lift donut-shaped surgical incisions are made in order to remove the skin around the areola.
Good Candidate for Breast Lift
You are a good candidate for this breast enhancement procedure if you are fulfilling the following criteria:
- You have lost a lot of weight, breastfed a child, or you have reached menopause.
- If the skin of breasts has lost its elasticity and they have started to hang down in the skin envelope.
- If you are not happy with the drooping or sagging look of your breasts.
- If you have drooping nipples, a nipple reposition treatment can also help you. (Nipple reposition treatment is a part of the mastopexy procedure)
- Patients who want to restore breast symmetry. Surgical mammoplasty can also help you.
Before the surgery, there is a very detailed examination of the patient. A qualified surgeon makes sure if it’s safe to proceed with the breast lift procedure. This includes blood tests, mammograms, ultrasounds, and some other medical tests.
The patient should avoid anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, and any other medication that is not recommended by the surgeon.
Breast Lift Procedure
Mastopexy is a surgical procedure which is why it requires general anaesthesia. The procedure only takes 3 to 3.5 hours at max. Most women undergo this surgical procedure on an outpatient basis.
- General anaesthesia is used and the patient is made unconscious
- The position of the breasts is altered by making incisions under the crease of the breast region and around areolas.
- In the second step, the nipples and areola are moved to a more central position and youthful height.
- The excessive skin around the areolas is carefully removed with the help of surgical excision to make the breast firm and elastic.
- In the end, stitches are firmly placed to hold the breast and nipples at the new position.
Post-Op Care and Recovery
It’s very important that you follow the surgeon’s instructions for good results and fast recovery. These instructions include:
- Patient should not lift heavy objects
- Patient should not try to raise his arms for 2-3 weeks after treatment
- Use a surgical bra or compression garment to speed up recovery
- Regularly use the recommended medicine
- Do not do anything that can put pressure on the breast
- Try to sleep on your back
What You Should Know About Mastopexy Surgery
Breast Lift Surgery Cost in Dubai
The exact cost of this surgery depends upon many factors, these factors include
- The technique being used for the procedure
- The expertise and experience of the surgeon or practitioner
- The location of the patient and the clinic
- The quality and hygiene of the treatment being provided
Visit EuroMed Clinic to know the exact cost of mammoplasty in Dubai.
Is Breast Lift Permanent?
- The results of this treatment are very long-lasting and patients are mostly satisfied with the outcomes
- lactations and pregnancy after the mastopexy surgery can negatively affect the results
Difference Between Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation
- It elevates, tightens, reshapes, and repositions the breasts.
- The breast lift procedure does provide a small increase in the size of breasts
- It can completely transform the size of breasts
- silicone or any other suitable material is placed to transform the size of the breasts
Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery
There are many benefits of breast lift surgery, these benefits include:
- It improves your breast symmetry
- It makes your breast appear fuller
- There is some breast augmentation of breast size
- It makes you look more youthful and attractive
- Round and firm breasts with no position problems
- It gives you a boost in confidence and self-esteem
- It has long-lasting results (permanent results in some cases)
Breast Lift (Mastopexy) Before & After
Surgical Mammoplasty Results
Talking about results, you may experience an immediate increase in size, but that is not permanent. It’s just the swelling that goes away after some time. After 3-5 weeks’ time, you will then be able to compare the before and after results through pictures. The comparison will help see how much uplift the surgery was able to provide.
Risks and Complications in Breast Lift Treatment
With the right surgeon, you will not face any major or minor complications after this surgery. However, if your practitioner is not careful, you may experience the following:
- Scarring (scars that fade away with time)
- Loss of skin sensation for some time (this complication is normal with almost all skin surgeries)
- Skin Allergies (inform your surgeon if you are allergic to some medication)
- Inflammation & Redness (Fades away after some time)
Schedule a Consultation
Here at EuroMed Clinic Center, we have a team of the best breast lift surgeons, Dubai can offer. Our expert surgeons and dermatologists have a long list of satisfied clients who are very pleased with their breast lift in Dubai.
You can either book an online consultation right now, by filling in the online form, or you can visit EuroMed Clinic to take advice from our surgeons. SO, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss this opportunity because of any shortage of money as we also provide complete financing.
Check Out Our Specialist’s Profile
Hailing from Okinawa, Japan, Dr. Ken is one of Euromed’s visiting surgeons but hopes to move to Dubai in the next five years. Dr. Ken is certified from the Japanese Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is also an International Active Member of the American Society for Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery. With a bustling clinic in his native Japan that he opened in 2007 and a career spanning more than 30 years, it is not surprising Dr. Ken is acclaimed as a specialist in several areas, namely: Arm Lift Face Lift Neck Lift Thigh…Read more
Dr. Thomas Colson is a Consultant in Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery known for his famous technique “French Touch.” Here is the story of his life. When a doctor specializes in plastic and reconstruction surgery but also has an aesthetic sense and artistic hands, he or she can enhance and refine the appearance of people. Dr. Thomas Colson is a person with specific qualifications and experience that a surgeon must have to perform surgical and non-surgical procedures successfully. Dr. Thomas Colson has a firm belief in the fact that his success is nothing but the…Read more
Dr. Wolfgang Funk is a leading plastic & reconstructive surgeon who has a lifelong successful career in plastic & reconstructive surgery. Originally from Germany, he has been working in many countries. He works with Euromed Clinic Dubai as a visiting plastic surgeon. His unique expertise in aesthetic surgery makes him a suitable professional for a variety of cosmetic surgery assignments. His journey in the medical profession started right after he graduated from a regional medical council Norden (Germany). He got an additional degree in plastic and aesthetic surgery after completing his medical degree. To specialize…Read more