Breast reduction is also known as reduction mammoplasty. It is a surgical procedure that is used to remove excess fat, extra skin, and excessive breast tissues from the breast to make them look smaller and perkier. Breast reduction in Dubai is one of the most requested clinical procedures as it can help women get rid of the oversized breasts, restore breast symmetry, and get rid of chronic pain.
Since it’s a surgical procedure you need to spend more time gathering as much information as you can before undergoing this procedure, so read on to know everything.
Aim of This Treatment
Following are the goals of breast reduction mammoplasty procedure:
- To reduce the size of the breasts.
- To restore breast symmetry
- To restore self-image and self-esteem
- To create firmer and perkier breasts.
- To reduce the size of the nipple and areola.
- To make the breasts proportional to the body frame
- To remove excess fat and excess skin from the breasts
- To get rid of the chronic pain caused by over-sized breasts
Techniques Used for Breast Reduction
At EuroMed Clinic our highly-experienced breast reduction surgeons can use the following breast reduction techniques to attain the ideal shape and size of the breasts:
1. Anchor Pattern Technique (The Inverted-T Type reduction)
It’s one of the most common and effective techniques used for reducing the size of breasts. In this, the surgeon makes an incision that starts around the nipple and goes down under the breasts. The cut figuratively matches the shape of an anchor which is why it’s called the anchor technique
2. Vertical Incision or Lollipop Pattern Technique (Lejour technique)
The vertical incision also known as the Lollipop pattern or Lejour technique is also very popular for dealing with over-sized breast problems. In this technique, the cut starts around the nipple section and goes all the way straight down, but not under the breasts. The benefit of this technique is that it negates the pull of gravity, helps maintain the shape, and offers many other advantages as well.
3. The Periareolar Reduction
This specific technique is not suitable for extremely oversized breasts. It best works when a small amount of fat or tissue is to be removed for a minor breast size reduction. The incision is made around the areolas. This technique is also effective for restoring breast symmetry.
4. Circular Pattern Technique
In this technique, the incisions are made in a circular way around the areolas and the excess fat or skin tissues are removed from the area.
5. Breast Liposuction
The liposuction technique can also be used to dissolve and then remove the excess fat to reduce the size and weight of the breasts. The reduced size of breasts is directly proportional to the amount of fat removed.
Our breast reduction surgeons always make sure that the incisions that are made are hidden and not visible to the onlooker. Our surgeons are quite familiarized with making these incisions that there is minimum scarring after the procedure. However, if you want to improve the appearance of the scars after breast reduction then you can opt for the Scar Removal Treatment in Dubai.
Who is a Good Candidate for Reduction Mammoplasty?
Any woman who is normal and healthy can undergo this procedure. However, a good breast reduction candidate has the following problems:
- Women who are unhappy with the oversized breasts
- Women suffering from intense chronic pain because of large breasts
- Large breasts are causing posture issues because of the excess weight on the front side of the body
- Adult women (more than 18 years of age) with fully developed breasts
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Women who are unhappy with breast symmetry and have loose and saggy breast
How to Prepare for the Treatment
To avoid complications and get the best possible results, please follow the instructions from the surgeon which often include the following;
- Follow a healthy lifestyle and diet.
- Take the prescribed tests and medicines.
- Discontinue the use of cigarettes and alcohol.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin and blood-thinners.
Breast Reduction Procedure
Here is the step by step breast reduction procedure so that you can get a better insight into this specific treatment:
Step 1: The treatment site is cleaned and general anesthesia administered.
Step 3: The surgeon will make incisions as per the most suitable for that patient.
Step 4: The excess skin, tissue, or fat will be removed to correct the shape and size.
Step 5: If needed, the surgeon will reposition the nipple or/and areola to make the breasts look smaller and perkier.
Step 6: The surgeon will conclude the treatment by closing incisions with stitches and sutures.
Post-Op Care and the Recovery Time
To avoid complications and get the best possible results, please follow the post-surgery surgeon’s instructions which often include the following;
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Do not do strenuous activities.
- Regularly wear the surgical bra.
- Take proper care of the incision sites.
- Do not lift arms above your shoulders.
- Take the prescribed medicines regularly.
- Do not put pressure on the breast
- Try to sleep on your back.
Results and Benefits of Breast Reduction
The treatment delivers promising breast reduction results. There are plenty of benefits associated with breast reduction and they include:
- It’s the most effective and long-lasting treatment for breast reduction
- The patient get can rid of the excess fat and oversized breasts
- The patients regain confidence and self-esteem
- You get your desired breast shape and size.
- You get rid of the excess chronic pain and restore ideal body posture
- Your breasts become normal-sized, firmer, and perkier
Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in Dubai
The cost of this procedure varies from person to person because some variable factors make up the price. If you want to know the cost of the procedure in your case, please get in touch with us. The cost depends on;
- The expertise of the surgeon.
- The technique is chosen by the patient.
- The location of the treatment facility.
- The type of results needed by the patient.
You May Also Read: Cost Of Breast Reduction In Dubai
Breast Reduction FAQ’s
Is there any risk involved?
In fact, risks are associated with every kind of surgical procedure and so with the breast reduction. Hence, you should decide by reviewing the possible risks and comparing them with the benefits. Also, making a discussion with your doctor can also help you to make a decision.
Is Breast Reduction painful?
When you are going through the procedure, you don’t feel any kind of pain due to the effect of anesthesia. Hence, during the recovery period, you may feel pain but you will be prescribed some painkillers to get relief.
Are breast reduction scars bad?
The scars are not so bad if you take good care of them. You should keep them free from any infection and follow the instructions of your surgeon. With time, you will get rid of the scars but you need to show patience and care.
How long does a breast reduction wound take to heal?
It takes almost 5 to 6 weeks for complete recovery. You should take off for 1 to 2 weeks from your job and take complete rest for fast recovery.
What should I do after a breast reduction surgery?
You should follow the instructions provided by your surgeon. Monitor your health and the targeted area. If you feel any kind of issue, contact your surgeon to discuss.
How long does it take to get a breast reduction?
The total time depends on the extent of the surgery, technique, and your expected results. Overall, almost 2 to 4 hours are required to perform the procedure.
Schedule a Free Consultation
At EuroMed Clinic Dubai we have a team of the best breast reduction surgeons. Our surgeons have decades of experience with reduction mammoplasty with a long list of happy and satisfied patients. So what are you waiting for? Visit our clinic or book a free consultation session with one of our expert surgeons by filling in the online form to discuss your case.
Check Out Our Specialist’s Profile
Hailing from Okinawa, Japan, Dr. Ken is one of Euromed’s visiting surgeons but hopes to move to Dubai in the next five years. Dr. Ken is certified from the Japanese Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is also an International Active Member of the American Society for Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery. With a bustling clinic in his native Japan that he opened in 2007 and a career spanning more than 30 years, it is not surprising Dr. Ken is acclaimed as a specialist in several areas, namely: Arm Lift Face Lift Neck Lift Thigh…Read more
Dr. Thomas Colson is a Consultant in Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery known for his famous technique “French Touch.” Here is the story of his life. When a doctor specializes in plastic and reconstruction surgery but also has an aesthetic sense and artistic hands, he or she can enhance and refine the appearance of people. Dr. Thomas Colson is a person with specific qualifications and experience that a surgeon must have to perform surgical and non-surgical procedures successfully. Dr. Thomas Colson has a firm belief in the fact that his success is nothing but the…Read more