Breast reduction is also known as reduction mammoplasty. It is a surgical procedure that is used to remove excess fat, extra skin, and excessive breast tissues from the breast to make them look smaller and perkier. Breast reduction in Dubai is one of the most requested clinical procedures as it can help women get rid of oversized breasts, restore breast symmetry, and get rid of chronic pain.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who is a Good Candidate?
- 2 Techniques Used for Breast Reduction
- 3 How to Prepare for the Treatment?
- 4 Breast Reduction Procedure
- 5 Post-Op Care
- 6 Results and Benefits
- 7 Breast Reduction Surgery Cost in Dubai
- 8 Breast Reduction FAQ’s
- 9 Schedule a Free Consultation
Who is a Good Candidate?
Any woman who is physically and mentally healthy can undergo breast reduction treatment. However, you can be a good breast reduction candidate if you are:
- Unhappy with the oversized breasts
- Suffering from intense chronic pain because of large breasts
- Facing posture issues because of the excess weight on the front side of the body
- An adult woman (more than 18 years of age) with fully developed breasts
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not satisfied with your breast symmetry and have loose and saggy breast
Techniques Used for Breast Reduction
The following breast reduction techniques are used to attain the ideal shape and size of the breasts:
1. Anchor Pattern Technique (The Inverted-T Type reduction)
It’s one of the most common and effective techniques used for reducing the size of breasts. In this technique, the surgeon makes an incision that starts around the nipple and goes down under the breasts. The cut figuratively matches the shape of an anchor which is why it’s called the anchor technique
2. Vertical Incision or Lollipop Pattern Technique
The vertical incision also known as the Lollipop pattern is also very popular for dealing with oversized breast problems. In this technique, the cut starts around the nipple section and goes all the way straight down, but not under the breasts. The benefit of this technique is that it negates the pull of gravity, helps maintain the shape, and offers many other advantages as well.
3. The Periareolar Reduction
This specific technique is not suitable for extremely oversized breasts. It best works when a small amount of fat or tissue is to be removed for a minor breast size reduction. The incision is made around the areolas. This technique is also effective for restoring breast symmetry.
4. Circular Pattern Technique
In this technique, the incisions are made in a circular way around the areolas and the excess fat or skin tissues are removed from the area.
5. Breast Liposuction
The liposuction technique can also be used to dissolve and remove the excess fat to reduce the size and weight of the breasts. The reduced size of breasts is directly proportional to the amount of fat removed.
Our breast reduction surgeons always make sure that the incisions that are made are hidden and not visible to the onlooker. Our surgeons are quite familiar with making these incisions that there is minimum scarring after the procedure. However, if you want to improve the appearance of the scars after breast reduction, you can opt for scar removal treatment.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
You need to follow the instructions given by the surgeon to avoid complications and get the best possible results. Some common instructions include the following;
- Follow a healthy lifestyle and diet.
- Take the prescribed tests and medicines.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin and blood thinners.
Breast Reduction Procedure
Breast reduction Dubai is performed in the following way;
Step 1: The treatment site is cleaned and general anesthesia is administered.
Step 2: The surgeon will make incisions as per the most suitable technique for that patient.
Step 3: The excess skin, tissue, or fat will be removed to correct the shape and size.
Step 4: If needed, the surgeon will reposition the nipple and areola to make the breasts look smaller and perkier.
Step 5: The surgeon will conclude the treatment by closing incisions with stitches and sutures.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Avoid strenuous activities.
- Regularly wear the surgical bra.
- Take proper care of the incision sites.
- Do not lift arms above your shoulders.
- Take the prescribed medicines regularly.
- Do not put pressure on the breast
- Try to sleep on your back.
Results and Benefits
Breast reduction surgery Dubai delivers promising results. There are plenty of benefits associated with breast reduction which include:
- It’s the most effective and long-lasting treatment for breast reduction.
- The patient can get rid of the excess fat and oversized breasts.
- The patients regain confidence and self-esteem.
- Women get their desired breast shape and size.
- You get rid of the excess chronic pain and restore your ideal body posture.
- Your breasts become normal-sized, firmer, and perkier.
Breast Reduction Surgery Cost in Dubai
The cost of this procedure varies from person to person because several factors determine the price. These factors include;
- The expertise of the surgeon.
- The technique used by the surgeon.
- The location of the treatment facility.
- The type of results needed by the patient.
The average starting price of breast reduction surgery is AED 30,000. However, it can vary based on the factors mentioned above. Therefore, consult with our surgeons to know the exact breast reduction cost relevant to your conditions.
Breast Reduction FAQ’s
Is there any risk involved?
In fact, risks are associated with every kind of surgical procedure and so with the breast reduction. Hence, you should decide by reviewing the possible risks and comparing them with the benefits. Also, making a discussion with your doctor can also help you to make a decision.
Is Breast Reduction painful?
When you are going through the procedure, you don’t feel any kind of pain due to the effect of anesthesia. However, during the recovery period, you may feel pain. Therefore, you will be prescribed some painkillers to get relief.
Are breast reduction scars bad?
The scars are not so bad if you take good care of them. You should keep them free from any infection and follow the instructions of your surgeon. With time, you will get rid of the scars but you need to show patience and care.
How long does it take to heal after breast reduction?
It takes almost 5 to 6 weeks for complete recovery. You should take 1 to 2 weeks off from your job and take complete rest for fast recovery.
What should I do after a breast reduction surgery?
You should follow the instructions provided by your surgeon. Monitor your health and the targeted area. If you feel any kind of issue, contact your surgeon to discuss.
How long does the procedure take?
The total time depends on the extent of the surgery, the technique used, and your expected results. Overall, almost 2 to 4 hours are required to perform the procedure.
What is the aim of breast reduction?
Breast reduction mammoplasty aims to:
● Reduce the size of the breasts.
● Restore breast symmetry
● Enhance your self-image and self-esteem
● Create firmer and perkier breasts.
● Minimize the size of the nipple and areola.
● Make the breasts proportional to the body frame
● Remove excess fat and excess skin from the breasts
● Get rid of the chronic pain caused by over-sized breasts
Schedule a Free Consultation
At EuroMed Clinic Dubai, we have a team of certified breast reduction surgeons. Our surgeons specialize in performing breast reduction surgery in Dubai and have a long list of happy and satisfied patients. So, what are you waiting for? Visit our clinic or book a free consultation session with one of our surgeons by filling in the online form.