Anything asymmetrical on your face can lead to a loss of facial harmony. Take chin, for example. An underdeveloped chin can make other facial features, especially the nose, seemingly protrude forward. It can be the other way around as well. A weak chin can also result in the appearance of a double chin or turkey chin.
Fortunately, an underdeveloped chin is treatable with chin augmentation, which refers to a set of treatments to make your chin a more defining feature of your face.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Chin Augmentation?
- 2 Aim of Chin Augmentation
- 3 Who is a Good Candidate for Chin Augmentation?
- 4 Chin Augmentation Treatment Options
- 5 Chin Augmentation Procedure
- 6 What Can I Expect After the Chin Augmentation Procedure?
- 7 What should I do after chin augmentation?
- 8 Chin Augmentation FAQs
- 9 Consult Our Experienced Surgeons
What is Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation typically refers to a procedure aiming to enhance the chin that is not well-projected and improve the silhouettes of your face. This is done through implantation, fillers, or the Texas Jawline technique.
Sometimes, surgeons move the jawbone during a surgical procedure called genioplasty. This procedure also makes the chin a prominent facial feature. On the other hand, the bone tissues of your chin may be cut to reduce the chin size, bringing your face into a proper symmetry.
Aim of Chin Augmentation
The primary objectives of chin augmentation treatment include the following:
- Extending the weaker or receding chin
- Adding volume to the underdeveloped chin to make it fuller
Who is a Good Candidate for Chin Augmentation?
Apart from a weaker or receded chin, other factors that make you a good candidate for chin augmentation include the following:
- You are healthy with a stable body weight.
- You are not a smoker.
- You have realistic expectations of the procedure.
Furthermore, if you are considering chin augmentation surgery, it is advised to review the procedure’s before and after photos to get an idea of the results you can expect. Also, learn as much as possible about what to expect during the procedure and recovery.
Chin Augmentation Treatment Options
At EuroMed Clinic Dubai, we offer chin augmentation through three treatment options:
- Chin implant surgery
- Texas Jawline
- Dermal fillers
Let’s explain these briefly one by one.
Chin Implant Surgery
Chin implant surgery is the most preferred option to enhance a chin’s appearance. A surgeon surgically places a silicone implant under the skin of the chin. This increases the chin volume to complement the overall facial alignment.
Texas Jawline is a non-surgical treatment during which a plastic surgeon injects a filler solution into the jawline to make the chin and other facial contours stand out. This treatment is specifically known to create a youthful V-shaped chin.
Dermal fillers are one of the viable treatments to strengthen the chin profile. During this treatment, the dermatologist injects a dermal filler solution into the muscles of a weak chin, making it a prominent facial feature. Aesthetic goals you can achieve with this treatment can be related to your chin shape, symmetry, and protrusion.
Chin Augmentation Procedure
The procedure of chin augmentation may vary depending on the treatment technique.
Chin Implant Surgery Procedure
Chin implant surgery is usually an outpatient procedure.
- The surgeon first administers general or local anesthesia depending on the procedural requirements.
- Then, they make a small incision under the chin or inside the mouth and create room for implant placement.
- After creating this room, they fit the implant, so it seemingly becomes a natural part of the chin.
- Once the procedure is complete, the surgeon closes the incision with sutures.
Texas Jawline Procedure
Here is a brief overview of the Texas Jawline procedure:
- Your practitioner will administer local anesthesia to help minimize procedure-related pain.
- Then, they inject a specialized filler solution into the jawline to create contouring that helps your chin align with your face’s symmetry.
- The cosmetic surgeon cleans the area and applies a numbing solution.
- Then, they inject the dermal filler solution into the soft tissue at strategic locations of your chin.
What Can I Expect After the Chin Augmentation Procedure?
The post-chin augmentation recovery primarily depends on the treatment technique. Let’s briefly explain what to expect after each chin augmentation procedure.
Your surgeon will apply a dressing that will remain in place for a few days. There will be tenderness and discomfort at the surgery site that you can manage with pain medication. You will also have swelling and a tight sensation in the treated region. The feeling of tightness generally subsides in a week, whereas it may take six weeks or so for swelling to subside.
Texas Jawline and Other Dermal Fillers
Texas Jawline and other fillers are minimally invasive treatments as they involve injecting solutions into the treatment regions. Hence, the only discomfort you may feel comes from the needles used to inject filler solutions. You may also experience minor bruising and swelling in the area, which generally diminishes in a few days.
What should I do after chin augmentation?
Cheek Implant Aftercare
After chin implant surgery, ensure that you refrain from strenuous physical activity as it can interfere with the healing process. Moreover, you must keep your head elevated when sleeping to reduce swelling. Your doctor will also recommend wearing a special garment to prevent the surgical wound from opening.
Texas Jawline and Dermal Filler Aftercare
- Your doctor may recommend applying ice to the injection site to reduce the swelling.
- Do not touch or massage the area.
- Avoid hot showers and saunas for about 24 hours after injections.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities for 24 hours to help reduce bruising.
Chin Augmentation FAQs
How much does chin reshaping cost?
The average starting price of surgical chin augmentation is 18,000 AED, and that of filler-based treatment is 1500 AED. The final cost mainly depends on the degree of modification required in the treatment area.
How long does chin augmentation last?
The results of chin augmentation depend on the treatment technique. For example, chin implants last a lifetime; Texas jawline may last 2-3 years; the average longevity of dermal fillers is 9-12 months.
Is it worth getting a chin implant?
A chin implant is viable if you have a smaller chin or your facial features look asymmetrical due to a receded chin.
How painful is a chin implant?
The discomfort caused by a chin implant is tolerable. Your doctor will prescribe pain medications to keep the pain at bay.
How long does chin surgery take?
Depending on the degree of modification required, a chin implant may take up to three hours.
Consult Our Experienced Surgeons
At EuroMed Clinic Dubai, we have skilled plastic surgeons with particular expertise in chin augmentation. They carefully measure your facial area to determine the degree of chin protrusion required. Their specific aim is to help you enhance your facial beauty.
Please fill out the online form below for more information or to book a consultation.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Ken ArashiroPhysician Specialist Plastic Surgery
Dr. Ken Arashiro is a seasoned plastic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience in this field. He is certified by several prestigious organizations and licensed by the Dubai Health Authority.Read more