Dimples are the small indentations that occur on some people’s faces when they smile and are commonly considered a sign of beauty. However, not many people are born with these attractive cavities. Such people can benefit from dimple creation surgery or dimpleplasty, a type of plastic surgery.
Table of Contents
- 1 Good Candidate for Dimple Creation Surgery
- 2 Procedure Involved in Dimple Creation Surgery
- 3 Dimpleplasty Recovery
- 4 What Are the Benefits of Dimple Creation Surgery?
- 5 Dimple Creation Surgery Side effects
- 6 How much does dimple creation cost?
- 7 Dimple Creation Treatment FAQs
- 8 Consult our Plastic Surgeons
Good Candidate for Dimple Creation Surgery
A good candidate for dimple creation surgery is the one who:
- Is overall healthy
- Is above 18
- Doesn’t have unrealistic expectations from the procedure
Procedure Involved in Dimple Creation Surgery
Dimple creation surgery is usually performed in an outpatient setting, which means it is a minor operation. Also, you won’t need general anesthesia for this treatment.
Here is a quick overview of the steps involved in dimple creation surgery.
- First, the surgeon will mark the site for dimple creation. It is generally the patient’s call where to place a dimple. If the patient isn’t sure, the surgeon may suggest creating a dimple at the intersection of the two imaginary lines: one running between the edge of the mouth and the earlobe and the one drawn vertically down from the lateral canthus.
- After that, they will apply local anesthesia to the treatment site. The purpose of this step is to make the procedure pain-free. It might take 10 minutes for anesthesia to come into effect.
- Then, the surgeon will use a punch biopsy instrument to create a tiny defect under the skin of the treatment area. This instrument removes a small amount of mucosa, submucosal fat, and cheek muscle, making a cylindrical cheek muscle defect under the skin. This defect causes the skin above it to get pulled towards its connective tissue, creating a dimple.
- Then, the surgeon passes a dissolvable suture (sling) through the dermal layer and the cheek muscle defect and then ties a knot on the inside of the mouth.
Dimpleplasty leaves no scar on the outer skin and is followed by a straightforward recovery phase. Therefore, you can go home immediately after this minor operation.
You may still experience mild swelling, which you can handle easily with cold packs. This swelling subsides in a few days without any medical intervention.
While this treatment generally requires no downtime, it is best to resume your routine activities two days after the treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Dimple Creation Surgery?
Dimple creation surgery is one of the simplest procedures to create natural-appearing dimples. Moreover, cosmetic medical experts believe that patients who underwent this surgery are more likely to have improved satisfaction, thanks to an enhanced smile. This aesthetic advantage helps boost your confidence and self-esteem along with your beauty level.
Dimple Creation Surgery Side effects
The complications associated with dimple creation surgery are rare, but they can be severe if they occur. The possible side effects of dimpleplasty are:
- Bleeding at the treated area
- Redness and swelling
- Damage to facial nerves
It is crucial to visit the doctor immediately if you experience any of these complications after surgery.
How much does dimple creation cost?
The average starting price of dimple creation surgery is AED 2000. You can get an accurate estimate of the treatment cost during the initial consultation.
Dimple Creation Treatment FAQs
Is dimple surgery risky?
No, dimple creation surgery is a very safe cosmetic procedure, and it comes with an insignificant risk of complications.
Does dimple creation surgery hurt?
The surgical procedure of dimple creation itself doesn’t cause any pain as the doctor numbs the treatment area beforehand. Post-op pain is also usually minimal and quite manageable with ice packs.
Does dimple surgery last forever?
Yes, dimpleplasty results tend to last a lifetime as this surgery creates minor scar tissue under the dermal layer in the treated area. This tissue helps maintain the dimpled fissure on the skin.
Consult our Plastic Surgeons
Do you want to enhance your appearance with dimple creation surgery? EuroMed Clinic Dubai is a place where we connect you with highly skilled and board-certified plastic surgeons and practitioners. All you have to do is book a consultation, during which you can discuss everything from the impact of dimpleplasty on your facial aesthetics to treatment costs. You can call us or fill out the form below to book an appointment.