The aging process causes the deterioration of the skin’s elasticity. One of the signs of this deterioration is forehead descent, a condition characterized by droopiness of forehead muscles due to tissue displacement. Forehead descent puts pressure on brows, resulting in their sagginess (ptosis). Fortunately, this condition is treatable, thanks to the availability of multiple cosmetic medical options. One of the options is an endoscopic brow lift, an advanced form of the brow lift procedure.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Endoscopic Brow Lift?
- 2 Who is a Good Candidate for an Endoscopic Brow Lift?
- 3 Pre-Treatment Instructions
- 4 Endoscopic Brow lift Procedure
- 5 Post-Treatment Instructions
- 6 What Are the Benefits of an Endoscopic Brow Lift?
- 7 Is Endoscopic Brow Lift Safe?
- 8 Consult Our Surgeons
What is Endoscopic Brow Lift?
A brow lift is a surgical treatment to compensate for the loss of soft tissue elasticity in the forehead. Using this treatment, the surgeon repositions the skin tissues and muscles under the forehead skin to reduce wrinkles and lift the brows.
The endoscopic version of the brow lift involves using a flexible tube equipped with a miniature camera and surgical instruments. This tube is inserted through small surgical incisions within the hairline. This allows the surgeon to view the underlying treatment area without making a large incision. The surgical instruments remove excess tissues, pull the saggy ones, and fixate them to the skull using tiny titanium anchors.
An Endoscopic Brow lift can be a standalone treatment or may be coupled with other procedures like eyelid surgery or a facelift for an overall rejuvenation effect.
Who is a Good Candidate for an Endoscopic Brow Lift?
The ideal candidate for an endoscopic brow lift is someone with:
- Heavy or low eyebrows
- Furrow lines above the nose
- Frown lines or furrows on the forehead area
That being said, this treatment is generally not recommended for people with high hairlines. Balding men and those with a family history of male pattern baldness are also not good candidates for this procedure.
During the initial consultation, you will be briefed about the pre-op requirements you must fulfill before you are ready for an endoscopic brow lift. Your cosmetic surgeon may take photographs of your forehead and brows for a before/after treatment comparison.
To get ready for the procedure, you have to ensure that you:
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before the procedure
- Stop taking aspirin or other blood-thinning medicines
- Stop taking herbal supplements
Endoscopic Brow lift Procedure
Here is an overview of the steps involved in the endoscopic brow lift procedure.
- In the first step, the surgeon palpates and marks the incision sites within the hairline.
- Next, the surgeon administers anesthesia. Anesthetic option for this procedure may be local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia, depending on the surgical requirements or patient’s preferences.
- Then, the incisions are made on the marked locations. These marks are slightly curved lines. The incisions create pockets to allow the insertion of a flexible tube equipped with a camera and tiny surgical tools.
- After that, the surgeon inserts the tube that cuts and releases a dense fibrous membrane covering the surface of the bone. This membrane is called the periosteum. Then, they use a thin string and titanium anchors to fixate the inside of the skin to the skull until a lifted eyebrow appearance is achieved. After fixating tissues at multiple locations, the surgeon closes the incisions using sutures.
Endoscopic brow lift treatment aftercare may vary from person to person. But some instructions remain the same for almost every patient. Here is a list of those guidelines.
- You will need to use a compressive forehead bandage overnight.
- Your surgeon may prescribe oral antibiotics to prevent infections or post-operative edema.
- You will have to avoid strenuous physical activities for 7-10 days.
- The doctor may recommend a follow-up visit 7-11 days after treatment.
What Are the Benefits of an Endoscopic Brow Lift?
Aside from the standard benefits of a brow lift – such as improved brows appearance, diminished forehead wrinkles, reduced skin sagginess, and enhanced facial aesthetics – an endoscopic brow lift offers the following advantages.
- Less scarring: An endoscopic brow lift involves smaller incisions within the hairline. It means that not only are the resultant scars small, but they remain well-concealed behind the hairline.
- Reduced risk of complications: Smaller incisions are less likely to develop edema, resulting in a reduced risk of complications. Small-sized incisions make this treatment less invasive than a conventional brow lift.
- Quick healing: An endoscopic brow lift implicates quicker recovery of the surgery site. Moreover, the post-operative downtime of this procedure is much less restrictive than a brow lift.
Is Endoscopic Brow Lift Safe?
According to research, an endoscopic brow lift is a safe and effective way to increase brow height and create a youthful appearance. Moreover, polydioxanone sutures used in this procedure help generate stable results.
How painful is an endoscopic brow lift?
You will be under the influence of anesthesia during an endoscopic brow lift. Therefore, you won’t feel any procedure-related pain. The discomfort will be minimal after the effect of anesthesia subsides. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication to help you manage discomfort.
How long does endoscopic eyebrow lift take?
The usual duration of an endoscopic brow lift is 1-2 hours. However, the actual treatment duration may vary depending on the degree of correction required.
Do brow lifts look natural?
Since surgeons lift tissues and remove the excess one strategically during an endoscopic brow lift, the treatment results are natural and desirable.
Does a brow lift make your forehead smaller?
An endoscopic brow lift makes your forehead smaller than before the treatment. However, it is not precisely a smaller forehead. More appropriately, it can be called the right-sized forehead.
Consult Our Surgeons
An endoscopic brow lift is a more advanced procedure to create a lifted appearance of your forehead and improve eyebrow position. However, it is imperative that you get this treatment from a skilled plastic surgeon. At EuroMed Clinic Dubai, we offer this treatment and various other procedures from the hands of highly skilled surgeons with vast expertise in medical cosmetic treatments.
Please fill out the online form below if you want to book a consultation at our medical facility.