Having the unwanted fat is such an issue. The Fat Transfer allows us to transfer the fat cells from one area of the body to another where they can be put to better use. Continue reading to know the cost, benefits, results, side effects, procedure, and more.
What is Fat Transfer?
At the very forefront of modern plastic surgery techniques are fat transfer, where a patient’s own fat cells are transferred to another area of the body where they can be put to better use. We can use it to transfer fat from one area to another.
Why Choose Fat Transfer Surgery?
For many patients, this seems like a ‘win-win’ surgical treatment: not only do they get the benefit of larger breasts, plumper cheeks or a more rounded derriere, but they also get unsightly fat removed from other areas of the body, for a more streamlined look. However, the real benefit lies in the fact that, rather than relying on chemical fillers and foreign bodies, fat transfer is an entirely natural alternative, with no chance of an allergic reaction.
Results and Benefits
The Fat Transfer Treatment can be used for the following;
- It makes you happy and younger.
- It reduces facial scars such as those caused by acne.
- It improves facial deformities such as hemifacial atrophy.
- It adds volume to some by removing excess fat cells from other areas of the body.
- It plumps up areas of the face which are sunken or sagging, such as cheeks and wrinkles.
Who is a Candidate?
The following can be good candidates for this treatment;
- The people who are mentally and physically healthy.
- The people with deep creases on the face or it has lost volume.
- The people who have realistic expectations from the procedure.
- The people with who do not smoke a cigarette and drink alcohol.
- The people who want to revise the scars and improve the body contours.
- The people who want to fill in the depressions in various areas of the body.
- The people who want to improve the facial contours by giving volume to facial features.
- The people who want to give volume to certain areas of the body like breasts, buttocks.
What is the Aim of Treatment?
The Fat Transfer Procedure aims at the following;
- To make you look younger and happy.
- To reduce facial scars such as those caused by acne.
- To improve facial deformities such as hemifacial atrophy.
- To plump up areas of the face which are sunken or sagging.
- To add volume to some by removing excess fat cells from other areas of the body.
Which Technique is Used?
Most of the times, the liposuction technique is used to extract the unwanted fat from the body. The fat thus collected is then injected into another part of the body where it is needed.
How is the Treatment Performed?
Under either a local or general anaesthetic syringes are used to remove the fat from the designated areas. The fat is then fully cleaned to remove impurities before being injected into the treatment area and you are free to go home almost immediately.
Although the results will be visible at once, it may take a few sessions to achieve the desired effect, as there is a limit to the amount of fat that can be injected into one area in one session. Your surgeon will talk you through a treatment plan at your first consultation so you will know exactly what to expect in order to achieve your cosmetic goals.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
It is quite easy to prepare for the Fat Transfer. Just follow the instructions from the doctor;
- Maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Discontinue the use of alcohol and cigarettes.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin and blood-thinners.
- Take the lab tests and medicines prescribed by the doctor.
Post-Op Care and the Recovery Time
- The final results will appear once the swelling disappears.
- The patient may experience bruising and swelling will be fine in a few days.
- The patient will observe the end results once swelling completely goes away.
- The patient will be able to resume the normal activities in about 1 to 2 weeks.
- The patient may experience discomfort and inconvenience but it will be fine soon.
Cost of Fat Transfer
The cost of Fat Transfer Treatment varies from person to person. The EuroMed Clinic offers this treatment at a reasonable cost. Moreover, we are offering exciting discounts as well. Call us or fill the online form to know the exclusive discount offer and exact price of the treatment.
Fat Transfer Faq’s
How long does the fat last after being placed by lipotransfer?
The fat placed by lipotransfer usually last for years or even permanently.
Is fat grafting safe?
Yes, fat grafting is a safe procedure. It is approved by FDA.
What type of anesthesia is used?
Usually, the procedure of fat transfer is performed under intravenous anesthesia. However, if the procedure is long then general anesthesia can be used.
Will the fat move after it is placed by fat transfer?
After transferring, the fat is immediately anchored to the surrounding tissues. Hence, it becomes extremely stable, once it gets blood supply.
Is swelling and bruising severe after fat grafting?
Multiple passes with the cannula are required for the placement of tiny bits of fats. It creates swelling and bruising. Usually, bruising will get rid of within 2 to 3 weeks. However, it may take some more time for complete healing.
How long does it take to do a fat grafting procedure to the breast?
Most importantly, the care should be taken into the account to remove fat from the body or transfer it. The procedure should be performed in a way that doesn’t create problems for the person. Almost 3 to 5 hours are required to complete the procedure to the breast.
Where is the fat removed from?
No specific area can be described as a donor area. Hence, the fat can be removed from the area that can be contoured in a better way. Normally, abdomen and thighs serve as the good donor area.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Do you have some unwanted fat in a body area? You can consult us for free. So call us now or fill the online form now to win a free online consultation. A qualified and experienced doctor will answer your questions.