Fat transfer is also known as fat grafting or fat injections or lipofilling. It is a surgical treatment involving a surgeon transferring fat cells from one body area to another. This treatment typically requires liposuction to extract fat cells, which are then processed in the lab and injected into the body region that requires reshaping. This minimally invasive procedure aims to improve the shape of the body area where fat cells are injected.
Table of Contents
- 1 Ideal Candidate for Fat Transfer Procedure
- 2 Fat Grafting Targeted Areas
- 3 Fat Grafting Procedure
- 4 What Is the Recovery Time After Fat Transfer?
- 5 How long does it take to see results from fat transfer?
- 6 Fat Transfer Before & After
- 7 What are the risks of fat transfer?
- 8 Fat Transfer FAQs
- 9 Consult Our Surgeons
Ideal Candidate for Fat Transfer Procedure
People between 30 and 65 with no blood circulation problems or other general health issues are generally good candidates for fat grafting. Moreover, you should have realistic expectations about the results of this treatment.
Generally, fat transfer surgery is ideal for individuals who want to:
- Have a modest increase in their breast size
- Address unsightly depressions in the skin
- Reduce smile lines or crow’s feet
- Reduce the appearance of facial scars
- Get longer-lasting results than traditional fillers
- Rejuvenate their hands
- Rejuvenate the dull-looking face
- Add more volume to specific body areas to improve contouring
Fat Grafting Targeted Areas
Areas usually treated with extracted and processed fat cells during a fat transfer procedure include:
- Breasts (breast augmentation)
- Buttocks (Brazilian butt lift)
Fat Grafting Procedure
The fat grafting or fat transfer procedure first involves administering general anesthesia. After that, the surgeon performs the following three steps.
- Extraction: During this step, fat is taken from the donor site of the body using traditional liposuction protocols. Surgeons usually avoid ultrasound or laser liposuction to prevent fat cells from getting damaged.
- Processing: This step mainly involves decanting and centrifugation to rid the viable adipose fat of excess fluid, dead cells, and debris.
- Injection: This step involves injecting small amounts of processed and purified fat cells into the subcutaneous tissue of the target area. Surgeons usually inject fat droplets to ensure that all fat cells get optimum blood supply after being injected.
Fat that is being injected is usually measured in cc’s. The amount of fat used in the fat grafting procedure depends on the recipient area.
What Is the Recovery Time After Fat Transfer?
The initial recovery usually happens within 48 hours after a fat transfer procedure. During this time, you will regain consciousness, and your body will start restoring itself. You will be able to resume some of your routine activities after these 48 hours.
You will continue to heal from the impact of surgery after the initial recovery duration. The standard recommendation is to get complete rest for about two weeks before returning to work. However, this downtime may vary depending on the particulars of the treatment received.
It generally takes four to six weeks for the body to recover fully from the fat transfer procedure. More intense treatment may lead to a downtime of about four months.
How long does it take to see results from fat transfer?
After six months of the fat grafting treatment, you will get the desired change in your body appearance.
Fat Transfer Before & After
What are the risks of fat transfer?
Fat transfer treatment is generally safe, but there is still a small risk of the following complications:
- Blood collecting under the skin
- Dead fat tissues
- Blocked blood vessels, mainly due to the blockage caused by a fragment of the injected fat
- Leakage of air into the area between the chest wall and lungs
Fat Transfer FAQs
How much does a fat transfer cost in Dubai?
The average starting cost of fat transfer or fat injection is 15,000 AED. The final cost of the treatment depends on the procedure’s particulars, which you can discuss during the initial consultation.
How long does body fat transfer last?
Fat transfer results last a lifetime once they become visible. Your body will not grow more fat cells in the donor areas.
How painful is a fat transfer?
You will not feel any pain during the procedure since you will be under the influence of anesthesia. However, there will be some discomfort for a few days or weeks after the treatment. This discomfort is pretty manageable with painkillers prescribed by your doctor.
Consult Our Surgeons
Do you want to undergo fat grafting treatment to make your body contours more attractive and prominent? Consider booking a consultation at Euromed Clinic Dubai. We have board-certified surgeons and practitioners who use the best treatment protocols to ensure procedural accuracy and safety. To book a consultation, please fill out the form below.