A person’s appearance is greatly linked to their self-esteem. Aging affects a person’s appearance and this is why people tend to get concerned when the physical signs of aging start to kick in. This has pushed up the popularity of cosmetic procedures that can help in reversing the signs of aging. In recent years, Filler Injections have proved to be among the top cosmetic treatments for anti-aging concerns.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are filler injections?
- 2 Who would make a good candidate for dermal fillers?
- 3 What are the different types of fillers?
- 4 What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
- 5 What are the side effects of filler injections?
- 6 How much do fillers cost?
- 7 Filler Injections FAQs
- 8 Book An Appointment
What are filler injections?
Filler injections, also known as dermal fillers are soft tissue gel-like substances that when injected underneath the skin restore volume and fullness and diminish fine lines and wrinkles as well.
As we age, we naturally lose subcutaneous fat and there is also a breakdown of connective fibers such as elastin and collagen in our bodies, especially in the facial area. This results in loss of facial volume with the skin stretching a bit along with the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers are great treatment options for the early signs of aging as they can smooth the skin to mimic its original structure.
Dermal filler injections can help with the following:
- Plump thin lips
- Add volume to cheeks
- Improve the appearance of shallow contours
- Contour the chin
- Soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve facial proportions
- Get rid of the shadow of the lower eyelids
- Soften the appearance of wrinkles on the lower neck and chest area
- Improve scars’ appearance
Filler injections can also be used in other aesthetic procedures such as liquid rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, and hand rejuvenation among others.
Who would make a good candidate for dermal fillers?
To be an ideal candidate for dermal fillers you should:
- Be healthy
- Be a nonsmoker
- Exhibit the early physical signs of aging
- Have wrinkles and fine lines on the facial area
- Have loss of facial volume
What are the different types of fillers?
There are different types of filler injections and they tend to differ in their composition, aim of treatment, and longevity. They include:
- Botox. These are primarily known for their ability to improve the appearance of facial wrinkles. They work by temporarily blocking the nerve signal to the muscle thus resulting in the relaxation and softening of wrinkles and creases.
- HyaCorp Filler Injections. These are hyaluronic-based advanced types of dermal fillers that can restore volume and contour both the face and body areas such as the breasts and buttocks plus other regions.
- Juvederm Fillers. This is a hyaluronic acid-based injectable dermal filler that is used to improve signs of aging and restore facial contours. It is specifically used on the lips, cheeks, and around the mouth.
- Fat Grafting Injections. Also known as fat transfer or fat grafting, it is a surgical process that involves harvesting fat via liposuction from one body area and transferring it to another area. It aims to augment or improve the area in which the fat is injected.
- Aqualyx Injections. These are fat-dissolving injections that aim to provide a smoother, more contoured appearance in the body area where they are injected.
- Kybella treatment. This is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment for diminishing fat cells under the chin area. It is comprised of deoxycholic acid that treats submental fat to improve the profile and overall facial proportion.
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are a great way of achieving a youthful-looking appearance and in addition to this, there are more benefits, which include:
- They increase the production of collagen and elastin
- They involve minimal risks
- Almost immediate results
- They can be combined with other treatments
- They can be temporary or permanent depending on your goals
- Subtle effects
- Minimal to zero recovery time
What are the side effects of filler injections?
The side effects of filler injections are minimal and easy to manage. They are:
- Pain and discomfort.
How much do fillers cost?
The price of filler injection is not fixed because due to different factors such as:
- The type of filler used
- The severity of the issue being treated
- Number of the treatment session
- Desired results of the patient
- Geographical clinic location
- The expertise of the practitioner
The average starting price is about AED 1500, but an expert will determine the final price during the consultation.
Filler Injections FAQs
How long do dermal fillers last?
Some types of dermal fillers can be between 6-12 months while others last 2-5 years depending on the type of filler used and the patient's goals.
How long does it take to recover from fillers?
Recovery from fillers varies from patient to patient. Most people can return to their normal activities immediately after the treatment. Generally, it takes about 2-3 days to fully recover from dermal fillers. It might take longer depending on the type of filler used.
Are dermal fillers safe?
When done by qualified and experienced practitioners, dermal fillers are safe. Always ask about the practitioner’s training, experience, and before & after pictures of similar procedures that he/she has performed on other patients.
Book An Appointment
Are you looking for ways to rejuvenate your skin and achieve a youthful glow? Filler Injections in Dubai can help you achieve all this under the care of our expert practitioners at Euromed Clinic Dubai. To know more about this treatment, get in touch with us by filling out the online form or calling us to book a consultation with our skincare experts.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Ken ArashiroPhysician Specialist Plastic Surgery
Dr. Ken Arashiro is a seasoned plastic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience in this field. He is certified by several prestigious organizations and licensed by the Dubai Health Authority.Read more