As we age, we naturally lose subcutaneous fat, and there’s a breakdown of connective fibers like elastin and collagen in our bodies. This natural phenomenon affects the facial area as well. Fortunately, dermal fillers in Dubai can help contour your face, alleviate wrinkles, and give your skin a youthful, rejuvenated look.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Dermal Fillers?
- 2 Why are Dermal Fillers Done?
- 3 What are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
- 4 Who Needs Dermal Fillers?
- 5 Who is an Ideal Candidate for Dermal Fillers?
- 6 Duration and Recovery
- 7 What are the Different Types of Fillers?
- 8 What are the Side Effects of Filler Injections?
- 9 How Much Do Fillers Cost in Dubai?
- 10 How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
- 11 Are Dermal Fillers Safe?
- 12 Book An Appointment
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers, also known as filler injections, are non-surgical cosmetic procedures popular among individuals of all ages for reversing the signs of aging. These soft tissue, gel-like substances, when injected beneath the skin, restore volume and fullness and diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers are a viable option for the early signs of aging because they smooth the skin to mimic its original structure.
Why are Dermal Fillers Done?
Dermal filler injections aim to:
- Plump thin lips
- Add volume to cheeks
- Improve the appearance of shallow contours
- Contour the chin
- Soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Enhance facial proportions
- Diminish the shadow of the lower eyelids
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the lower neck and chest area
- Improve the appearance of scars
Filler injections can also be employed in other aesthetic procedures such as liquid rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, and hand rejuvenation.
What are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers contain the naturally occurring substance hyaluronic acid, which rejuvenates the skin. In addition to achieving a youthful appearance, other benefits include:
- Increased production of collagen and elastin
- Minimal risks
- Almost immediate results
- Versatility in treatment options
- Subtle effects
- Little to no recovery time
Who Needs Dermal Fillers?
Regardless of gender, consider dermal or facial fillers if you:
- Desire a shift in facial appearance from dull and saggy to vibrant and natural-looking.
- Aim to combat visible signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging in areas such as the chin.
- Are hesitant about undergoing cosmetic surgery.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Dermal Fillers?
The general criteria for dermal fillers include:
- Being in overall good health
- A willingness to abstain from smoking and alcohol
- Exhibiting early signs of aging
- Having fine lines and wrinkles on the face
- Experiencing lost facial volume
Dermal Fillers Procedure
If you’re considering dermal filler treatment, consult a certified aesthetician. During the consultation, ask relevant questions about the procedure and communicate your expectations. The general procedure includes:
- Your aesthetician will pinpoint the areas you want to enhance with dermal fillers. This marking is carried out to ensure the injections are administered in the desired areas.
- Before injecting the dermal fillers, the targeted areas will be meticulously cleaned with an antibacterial agent.
- A topical anesthetic cream will be applied to the target areas to ensure you feel optimal comfort during the injection process.
- Now the injecting process begins. Your aesthetician will carefully inject the filler at the previously marked sites.
- In the end, any markings will be wiped away and post-procedure guidelines will be handed over to you.
- This whole session can last anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the area being treated.
Note: Dermal fillers usually entail follow-up sessions. So make sure you attend them as advised by your aesthetician.
Duration and Recovery
Some dermal fillers can last 6-12 months, while others might last 2-5 years. Recovery typically takes 2-3 days, but it can vary based on the filler type.
What are the Different Types of Fillers?
There are different types of filler injections and they tend to differ in their composition, aim of treatment, and longevity. They include:
These are primarily known for their ability to improve the appearance of facial wrinkles. They work by temporarily blocking the nerve signal to the muscle thus resulting in the relaxation and softening of wrinkles and creases.
These are hyaluronic-based advanced types of dermal fillers that can restore volume and contour both the face and body areas such as the breasts and buttocks plus other regions.
This is a hyaluronic acid-based injectable dermal filler that is used to improve signs of aging and restore facial contours. It is specifically used on the lips, cheeks, and around the mouth.
Also known as fat transfer or fat grafting, it is a surgical process that involves harvesting fat via liposuction from one body area and transferring it to another area. It aims to augment or improve the area in which the fat is injected.
These are fat-dissolving injections that aim to provide a smoother, more contoured appearance in the body area where they are injected.
This is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment for diminishing fat cells under the chin area. It is composed of deoxycholic acid that treats submental fat to improve the profile and overall facial proportion.
What are the Side Effects of Filler Injections?
Dermal fillers, if injected by a professional healthcare provider, are considered safe. However, there are some common complications one can experience after getting filler injections. The side effects include
- Pain and discomfort.
- In rare cases, unsatisfactory results.
How Much Do Fillers Cost in Dubai?
The starting price for a filler in Dubai is AED 1500, but the final cost can vary based on:
- The severity of the issue
- Number of treatment sessions
- Desired results
- Clinic location
- Practitioner’s expertise
For detailed information on costs, it’s best to visit the inclusive page about filler injection cost in Dubai.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
Some dermal fillers can last between 6 to 12 months, while others last from 2 to 5 years, depending on the type of filler used and the patient’s goals.
Are Dermal Fillers Safe?
When done by qualified and experienced practitioners, dermal fillers are safe. It is essential to ask about the practitioner’s training, experience, and images of their previous procedures.
Book An Appointment
To book your appointment, please call Euromed Clinic at +971 4 394 5422. You can reach out to us via WhatsApp using the same number.