Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that contours your body and gives you the desired body shape. It is a safe and effective procedure to get rid of the excess fats from different body areas. Also, known as fat removal treatment, liposuction can be combined with other procedures like tummy tuck and breast reduction. However, it is not a weight-loss treatment for obese people. Read more to know about the benefits, cost, and procedure of liposuction in Dubai.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Liposuction?
- 2 Who is a Good Candidate?
- 3 What is the Aim of Lipo?
- 4 How to Prepare for the Liposuction Treatment?
- 5 How is Liposuction Performed?
- 6 Post-Op Care
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Benefits
- 9 Liposuction Before and After
- 10 Cost of Liposuction
- 11 Liposuction FAQs
- 12 Schedule a Free Consultation
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical and invasive procedure that removes the stubborn fats which otherwise do not respond to diet and exercise. There are some side effects and downtime but the treatment results are promising. An expert surgeon knows how to avoid risks and deliver promising results.
Who is a Good Candidate?
You can be a suitable candidate for liposuction Dubai if you:
- Are 18 or above in age.
- Have a normal and stable weight.
- Have good physical and mental health.
- Could not lose fat through exercises and diet plan.
- Possess fat deposits on the flanks, thighs, abdomen, or any other part of the body.
- Do not have diabetes, heart disease, infections, and certain other conditions.
What is the Aim of Lipo?
Liposuction surgery aims to:
- Help people tone up the body.
- Remove fats.
- Restore the sharp body contours.
- Relieve people from psychological stress and pressure.
How to Prepare for the Liposuction Treatment?
Following the instructions given by your surgeon is crucial to getting successful results. The pre-op guidelines may include the following:
- Take the prescribed medicines.
- Wear a loose dress on the treatment day.
- Sleep well and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin and blood-thinning medicines.
- Start drinking plenty of water and fluids to keep the body hydrated.
How is Liposuction Performed?
It is performed under local or general anesthesia. The following steps make up the liposuction procedure:
Step 1: The treatment site will be cleaned and the anesthesia will be administered at the beginning.
Step 2: A tiny incision(s) will be made at a particular point(s) to insert a cannula into the fat pockets.
Step 3: The surgeon will move the cannula back and forth to break down the unwanted fat deposits without harming the body.
Step 4: The broken fat deposits are then sucked out of the body with the help of a suction pump.
Step 5: The surgeon will conclude the procedure by stitching the incisions carefully.
The post-op guidelines may include the following:
- Take the prescribed medicines to avoid infection.
- Use cold compresses if you get swelling.
- Avoid workouts, sports, and strenuous activities.
- Take rest but keep the body moving to avoid blood clotting.
- Take care of the treated areas (including incisions and stitches).
- Wear compression garments as per your surgeon’s instructions.
You might experience bruising, swelling, and tenderness after getting liposuction treatment in Dubai. The recovery period may take up to 3 weeks depending on the nature of the treatment, pre-op care, and post-op care. You can get back to your normal life after three weeks.
- The extra fat will be removed.
- The body will get into the right shape.
- You will feel good about your body.
- Your self-confidence and self-image will improve.
Liposuction Before and After
Cost of Liposuction
The liposuction cost in Dubai depends on various factors which is why it varies from person to person. The cost depends on the following factors:
- The expertise of the plastic surgeon
- The location of the treatment facility
- Your expected results
The average starting price of liposuction surgery is AED 10,000 to AED 18,000. If you want to know the exact price of liposuction at the EuroMed® Clinic, feel free to consult with our experts.
Which areas can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction can be performed on various body areas including thighs, flanks, buttocks, bra roll, and hips. All these areas can have stubborn fat deposits.
Does Liposuction Hurt?
Liposuction surgery will not cause pain during the procedure because you will be under the effect of general anesthesia. However, you might feel discomfort or soreness after the treatment. For this purpose, your surgeon will prescribe some medications.
How long does it take to recover?
The procedure comes with a quick recovery. It is an outpatient procedure and you will be able to return to your work after 3 to 4 weeks.
What are the risks of liposuction?
Every major surgery comes with different risks. Liposuction also comes with swelling, bleeding, anesthesia reaction, slow healing, poor skin elasticity, and uneven fat removal. However, getting the procedure from an experienced and board-certified surgeon can minimize the onset of risks.
Does liposuction leave a scar?
There is a possibility of scars if you don’t get the procedure from an expert surgeon. To reduce the risks, choose your surgeon wisely and follow post-operative instructions carefully.
Is liposuction safe?
Yes, liposuction is a safe procedure and is approved by the FDA.
What are the types of liposuction?
There are three common types of liposuction procedure which include;
Tumescent liposuction – In this technique, the surgeon injects a sterile solution into the targeted area. This solution consists of salt water, lidocaine, and epinephrine and sucks the fats by causing less blood loss.
Laser Liposuction – It involves a laser beam for melting the fats and minimizing the invasiveness during the procedure.
Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction – This technique uses ultrasound energy to break the cell walls of fat deposits. As a result, the fat liquefies and is removed easily.
Body Jet Liposuction - It is also known as water-jet-assisted liposuction. Body jet liposuction Dubai utilizes a pressurized stream of water to dislodge the fats. These fats are then sucked out of the body with less force as compared to traditional liposuction. It is an effective option for lipedema patients.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you are willing to get liposuction surgery, visit our clinic and consult with our experts. We offer a free consultation to our patients. You can book your session by filling the online form or calling us.