Gynecomastia is a very common condition that affects about 50% of men all over the world. This condition is characterized by over-developed and enlarged breasts in men. People who suffer from gynecomastia wish to get rid of this problem as enlarged breasts are one of the feminine gender traits. Loose, saggy, and enlarged breasts in men can negatively affect their confidence. Gynecomastia surgery in Dubai can help against the Man Boobs problem as it’s a highly effective treatment for male breast reduction.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aim of This Treatment
- 2 Are You a Candidate?
- 3 Pre-Op Instructions
- 4 Gynecomastia Procedure
- 5 Post-Op Care
- 6 Results and Recovery
- 7 Gynecomastia Benefits
- 8 Male Breast Reduction Before & After
- 9 Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Dubai
- 10 Gynecomastia FAQs
- 10.1 What results can I expect?
- 10.2 Are there any surgical risks?
- 10.3 What types of anesthesia do we offer?
- 10.4 Is There Any Pain Associated with This Treatment?
- 10.5 How much time does it take to see the final results?
- 10.6 How long does the surgery take?
- 10.7 Any side effects of Gynecomastia?
- 10.8 Which techniques are used to perform Gynecomastia surgery?
- 10.9 Is Gynecomastia surgery painful?
- 10.10 Are the results permanent?
- 11 Get a Free Consultation
Aim of This Treatment
Male breast reduction in Dubai aims to:
- Flatten the chest
- Remove stubborn fat from the chest area
- Decrease the breast size significantly
- Restore the firmness of the chest
- Rejuvenate the skin
- Restore the natural and masculine appearance of the chest
- Contour the chest skin to make it flat, firm, and tight
Are You a Candidate?
You are a good candidate for Gynecomastia surgery Dubai if you:
- Are a male with over-sized, saggy, and loose breasts
- Can’t get rid of the stubborn breast fat through diet or exercise
- Have good physical and mental health
- Are not happy with your chest size
- Want to achieve a masculine appearance
- Have realistic expectations regarding the expected results
Gynecomastia treatment is a very quick and minimally invasive procedure with no special pre-op instruction. However, you should follow these general instructions for surgery:
- Avoid using aspirin or any other blood thinners.
- Take the medicines prescribed by your surgeon regularly.
- Avoid drinks and food 6-8 hours before the procedure.
Gynecomastia surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure. It takes 2-3 hours to complete the procedure in which the fat is removed and the chest is sculpted and contoured.
- General anesthesia is given to the patient
- After that, small incisions are made in the required area. Usually, the incisions are made under the armpit or areola.
- In the next step, the additional fat tissues and skin are removed.
- In the end, stitches are used to close the opened incisions.
The post-op care after male breast reduction in Dubai includes the following instructions:
- Do not raise your arms above your shoulder for 2-3 weeks after the treatment
- Regularly take oral medication as prescribed by the surgeon
- Use a cold compress or compression garment to speed up recovery
- Avoid exercising or lifting heavy objects for a month after the treatment
Results and Recovery
The results of gynecomastia treatment are permanent. However, you need to follow the diet plan and exercise as instructed by your plastic surgeon. The recovery period differs based on the severity of the condition. You may face the following conditions during your recovery period.
- Discomfort for about 10 days after the surgery
- Bruising and swelling that goes away after 2-3 weeks
Your stitches will be removed after 7-14 days and it may take some days to resume your normal routine.
Male breast reduction surgery has several benefits which include:
- It flattens your chest and improves its contours.
- Offers permanent results.
- Boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
- Provides a natural masculine appearance to the chest.
- Helps you regain self-confidence and self-image.
Male Breast Reduction Before & After
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Dubai
Various factors help decide the actual price of gynecomastia surgery including:
- Technique being used
- The expertise of the doctor
- Patient’s expectations from the treatment
- The severity of the problem
- Location of the clinic
The average price of male breast reduction starts from AED 20,000. You should consult with our experts to know the exact cost of gynecomastia surgery.
What results can I expect?
After the procedure, you can expect amazing results. You will be able to notice the change in your chest appearance after recovery when the swelling goes away. Also, you will observe improvement in the appearance of the scar and softness in the breast tissues.
Are there any surgical risks?
Risks are associated with any surgical procedure and so as to Gynecomastia. You may get swelling, bruising, bleeding, infection, scarring, asymmetry, and allergic reaction.
What types of anesthesia do we offer?
We offer general anesthesia to perform the procedure. The purpose is to keep you away from any kind of pain.
Is There Any Pain Associated with This Treatment?
Providing judgment regarding pain before surgery is really difficult as the threshold for pain is different for everyone. The procedure is not too much painful. The purpose of general anesthesia is to keep you safe from pain. Furthermore, local anesthesia will stay on your body until 24 hours after your procedure. So, it will be easy for you to manage. Usually, our patients describe the pain as minor or moderator when it comes to the severity. Also, our surgeons will prescribe you medications to manage pain.
How much time does it take to see the final results?
As soon as the healing process completes, you will be able to see the final results.
How long does the surgery take?
Actually, the time depends on the kind of surgery and the method that will be used. Also, it depends on the complication and the severity of the problem
Any side effects of Gynecomastia?
Actually, no side effects are linked to the procedure.
Which techniques are used to perform Gynecomastia surgery?
The following techniques are used to help you get rid of fatty breasts:
Liposuction for Male Breast Reduction
In this procedure, small incisions are made within the armpits to hide the scar. After that, the extra fat is removed and sucked out from the edge of the areola with the help of Liposuction. This procedure effectively reduces the size of the breasts.
Tissue Excision for Gynecomastia
Tissue excision is a process in which the excess skin tissues are manually removed from the male breast to achieve a flatter appearance. This process is also used after the liposuction procedure to remove the excess loose skin.
The Combination of Both
Both liposuction and tissue excision processes can be used in combination for male breast reduction.
● In the first phase, the fat is sucked out using liposuction.
● In the second phase, the excess skin is removed with the help of manual surgical excision to restore a flat and firm chest appearance.
Is Gynecomastia surgery painful?
The procedure is not too painful. The purpose of general anesthesia is to keep you safe from pain. So, it will be easy for you to manage. Usually, our patients describe the pain as minor or moderate when it comes to the severity. Also, our surgeons will prescribe you medications to manage pain.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, gynecomastia surgery offers permanent results.
Get a Free Consultation
Here at EuroMed Clinic Dubai, we have a team of highly qualified surgeons for male breast reduction or man boob problems. Our surgeons have decades of experience in carrying out this surgery and have successfully treated lots of patients with this problem. So, what are you waiting for? Book a free consultation right now and say goodbye to this embarrassing problem for the rest of your life.