Women usually have a distorted body figure due to loose fat and saggy skin after pregnancy or losing a substantial amount of weight. That’s because these events trigger intense changes in the body, especially in the area around the belly. The skin gets stretched out and sags, and the abdominal wall weakens.
These body changes are tough to overcome with a restrictive diet and strenuous physical workouts. Fortunately, you can reverse these changes and restore body aesthetics with a mini-tummy tuck.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A Mini Tummy Tuck?
- 2 Who Is A Good Candidate For Mini Tummy Tuck?
- 3 What Are The Benefits Of Mini Tummy Tuck?
- 4 How Should I Prepare For A Tummy Tuck?
- 5 What Is Involved In A Mini Tummy Tuck?
- 6 What Are Post Treatment Instruction For Mini Tummy Tuck?
- 7 What’s The Difference Between A Tummy Tuck And A Mini Tummy Tuck?
- 8 How Much Does A Mini Tummy Tuck Cost?
- 9 How much fat is removed with a mini tummy tuck?
- 10 How long is recovery for a mini tummy tuck?
- 11 How painful is a mini tuck?
- 12 Book a Consultation
What Is A Mini Tummy Tuck?
A mini tummy tuck or mini abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure performed on patients with less skin and fat to remove in the lower abdomen. This treatment is typically designed for individuals who do not have excess tissue above the navel.
This surgery involves small incisions that are usually similar to the ones made during a cesarean section. These are only a few inches long horizontal incisions that allow the surgeon to tighten loose muscles and remove excess fat and skin.
A mini tummy tuck smoothens your abdominal wall and gives you a flat belly.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Mini Tummy Tuck?
Patients with poor muscle tone and mild excess of fat and skin between the top of the public area and belly button are generally the ideal candidates for a mini tummy tuck.
Moreover, you should be near your ideal body weight to qualify for this treatment. You can get more specific details about the mini tummy tuck’s candidacy criteria during the initial consultation with a doctor.
What Are The Benefits Of Mini Tummy Tuck?
- A mini tummy tuck removes excess skin and tissue beneath the navel and above the public area to help you achieve a slimmer profile.
- This treatment tightens the abdominal muscles, making your belly flatter.
- Due to the small incisions involved, a mini tummy tuck leads to a shorter recovery phase.
- The smaller incisions mean far less noticeable scarring.
How Should I Prepare For A Tummy Tuck?
To prepare for a mini tummy tuck, your doctor may ask you to:
- Get the lab tests and other necessary medical evaluations done
- Take certain medicines or replace your current medications with the new ones
- Stop smoking a few days ahead of the procedure
- Avoid taking NSAIDs, aspirin, and herbal supplements to reduce the risk of bleeding
What Is Involved In A Mini Tummy Tuck?
A mini tummy tuck is generally performed under local anesthesia and conscious sedation. The entire procedure may take one to two hours.
An incision is made along the bikini line during the mini tummy tuck procedure. It is a shorter incision than the one made during a full tummy tuck. Afterward, a surgeon tightens the abdominal wall to create a flattened belly appearance and cuts off the excess skin and fat tissues. Once that’s done, the incision is closed using stitches.
A mini tummy tuck is significantly less invasive compared to a full abdominoplasty. It causes mild swelling in the treated region that generally goes away in a few weeks.
What Are Post Treatment Instruction For Mini Tummy Tuck?
- Clean your wounds as directed by your doctor. Take a shower 24 hours after the procedure but ensure not to get your incisions wet. You may apply moisturizers to the treated region, but avoid using them directly on the incisions.
- You will be prescribed antibiotic medications to prevent infections.
- You will need to wear your compression garments your doctor allows you to take them off.
- Get a lymphatic drainage massage as directed by your doctor.
- Avoid any strenuous activities during the first few days after the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Eat healthy foods and avoid alcohol.
What’s The Difference Between A Tummy Tuck And A Mini Tummy Tuck?
A full tummy tuck corrects loose muscles and skin sagginess over the entire stomach. On the other hand, a mini tummy tuck helps remove lax skin, loose muscles, and fat deposits in the area between the belly button and the top of the public area.
How Much Does A Mini Tummy Tuck Cost?
The cost of a Mini Tummy Tuck in Dubai starts from 25000 AED. However, the exact price of this treatment can vary from patient to patient, mainly due to several factors involved, such as:
- The surgeon’s expertise
- The geographic area of the clinic
- Surgery-related costs
How much fat is removed with a mini tummy tuck?
A mini tummy tuck typically aims to remove around three pounds of extra fat from the treatment region. Three pounds is not a significant amount, which is why this treatment is more suitable for individuals who are near their ideal body weight and want a subtle change in appearance.
How long is recovery for a mini tummy tuck?
Since a mini tummy tuck is not major surgery, its recovery duration is not typically extensive, i.e., it lasts around two weeks. During this time, you will need plenty of assistance at home, and you will need to avoid lifting objects and exercising.
How painful is a mini tuck?
You will not experience pain during a mini tummy tuck procedure due to the anesthesia effect. But since this procedure involves tightening the abdominal muscles and skin, you may experience tightness, soreness, or tenderness in the treated region for a few days afterward. You can prevent pain during this time by getting adequate rest, limiting physical movement, and taking appropriate medication.
Book a Consultation
Do you want to flatten your belly with a mini tummy tuck? Euromed Clinic in Dubai offers this treatment from the hands of highly skilled plastic surgeons. To discuss this procedure in detail, call +971 4 394 5422. To book a consultation online, fill out the form below.