The neck skin is fragile and sensitive, due to which it develops aging signs earlier than the rest of the body. You might observe lines, sagging skin, and pigmentation around the neck over time. All these aging signs can be a major blow to your aesthetic appearance. However, neck lift treatment or Cervicoplasty can help you get rid of these aging signs on the neck.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Neck Lift?
- 2 Are you a Good Candidate?
- 3 Neck Lift Techniques
- 4 How to Prepare for the Surgery?
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Aftercare
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Necklift Before and After
- 11 Neck Lift Cost in Dubai
- 12 Neck Lift FAQs
- 13 Get a Free Consultation
What is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a surgical procedure used to tighten the skin around the neck. Although you can get it as a separate procedure, it is performed along with a facelift. Neck lift surgery removes the band lines, excess skin, and fats from your neck to rejuvenate its appearance. As a result, you look younger and attractive.
Are you a Good Candidate?
You can be an ideal candidate for a neck lift surgery in Dubai if you;
- Have excessively saggy neck skin.
- Are experiencing pigmentation or fine lines on the neck.
- Do not want to undergo a complete surgical facelift.
- Have excess fat deposits on the neck and under the jaws.
- Are physically and mentally healthy and above 18 in age.
Neck Lift Techniques
Different methods are used to perform the neck lift procedure. Three standard techniques are;
Short Scar Neck Lift
In this technique, incisions are made around the ears only to ensure minimal scarring. Also, the platysma muscle is tightened, and excess skin is removed. In this way, you get a tight and youthful neck.
It is a technique in which severe sagging in the platysma muscle is treated. It involves making incisions under the skin for the correction of neck muscles
Liposuction can also be used for a neck lift if a person has excess fat deposits that resemble a double chin.
How to Prepare for the Surgery?
It is essential to prepare yourself before getting a neck lift in Dubai. You need to follow these instructions;
- Avoid using medicines like aspirin.
- Share your medical history with the surgeon.
- Maintain a stable weight.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet. Avoid fatty foods.
Neck Lift Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis and consists of the following steps;
- First of all, general anesthesia is administered.
- In the next step, the surgeon makes the incisions. The site of incisions usually varies depending on the desired results and technique chosen. Some common incision sites are;
- Under the chin
- Around the ears
- In the hairline
- After making the incisions, the surgeon removes the extra skin, fat, and re-positions the tissues. Also, the neck muscles are tightened.
- The incisions are closed with stitches in the last step.
- Take all the medicines prescribed by the surgeon, especially antibiotics.
- Use ice packs to minimize swelling and discomfort.
- Refrain from strenuous activities for at least two weeks.
- Perform the neck exercises recommended by the surgeon.
- Apply the topical ointments if prescribed by the surgeon.
Neck Lift Dubai offers various benefits, which include the following;
- Your neck becomes thinner and appears younger.
- The scars are hidden behind the ears.
- It removes the aging signs from the neck, including band lines.
- Neck lift also improves the contours of your jaws.
- Enhances your self-esteem and overall personality.
You might feel slight pain or discomfort during the initial phase of recovery. Also, there will be some swelling that requires a few days to disappear. The drainage pipes are removed two days after the surgery, and bandages are removed after five days. You can get back to your routine after one week.
The results of neck lift treatment appear as the swelling disappears. You get long-lasting results that can be retained with a healthy lifestyle.
Necklift Before and After
Neck Lift Cost in Dubai
The cost of neck lift surgery depends on various factors like the surgeon’s expertise, the severity of the problem, and the clinic’s location. Therefore, it differs from patient to patient. The average starting cost of a neck lift or Cervicoplasty is AED 25,000, but you should consult with an expert to know the exact cost.
Neck Lift FAQs
Are the results of neck lift permanent?
No, the results of neck lift treatment are not permanent. They can last for up to 10 to 15 years. The longevity of results varies, depending on how well you follow your surgeon's instructions.
How long does it take to perform the procedure?
The time required to perform a neck lift depends on the technique chosen. Your surgeon will guide you about the duration of the procedure in the initial consultation.
Does it hurt?
During the neck lift procedure, you will not feel pain as general anesthesia is administered. However, you will feel pain and discomfort after the surgery. Therefore, your surgeon will prescribe some medicines for pain management.
Does neck lift cause scarring?
A neck lift does not leave significant scars if performed by an experienced surgeon. You can expect minor scars, but they will fade away with time.
How long does it take to recover after a neck lift?
You might require 2 to 3 weeks to recover completely after the procedure.
Get a Free Consultation
Visit Euromed Clinic if you are thinking of getting a neck lift in Dubai. We have a team of board-certified cosmetic surgeons and well-trained staff. You can book a free consultation with our surgeon by filling the online form or calling us at the provided numbers.