All the facial features are essential for an overall pleasant appearance. If each body part is appropriately proportioned and placed, a person looks attractive. However, sometimes one or more body parts, like ears, seem slightly bigger or smaller than the rest. Disproportionate ears make people feel conscious about their appearance. As a result, they lose confidence and always try to find ways to hide their ears. Luckily, it is possible to fix disproportionate ears with the help of Ear Surgery in Dubai.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Otoplasty?
- 2 Aim of the Treatment
- 3 Are you a Good Candidate?
- 4 Pre-Op Care
- 5 Otoplasty Procedure
- 6 Post-Op Care
- 7 Ear Surgery FAQs
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Benefits
- 10 Ear Surgery Cost in Dubai
- 11 Get a Free Consultation
What is Otoplasty?
Ear surgery is also referred to as Otoplasty or Auriculoplasty. This treatment can help enhance the shape, position, and size of the ears significantly. Congenital disabilities in the ear structure become noticeable as you age. Therefore, Otoplasty can improve the overall ear structure and help achieve the desired ear shape. Besides congenital disabilities, ear surgery can also treat defects caused by an accident or trauma.
Aim of the Treatment
Generally, ear surgery Dubai aims to:
- Minimize the size of excessively large ears
- Increase the size of small ears
- Correct the position of bulging ears
Are you a Good Candidate?
Otoplasty in Dubai may be an excellent option for you if you:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your ears
- Have ears sticking out too far from your head
- Have relatively larger or smaller ears than the rest of the facial features
- Suffered from an injury that affected the shape of your ears
- Have disproportionate ears that are not positioned correctly
- Are you in good general health
- Have realistic expectations from the procedure
Generally, the surgeon provides patients with pre-op guidelines. However, some general pre-op instructions for Otoplasty are as follows:
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal supplements as they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- If you are on regular medications, ask the surgeon about the required alterations.
- Change your diet according to the surgeon’s instructions.
Ear Surgery is performed on an outpatient basis in a hospital or a clinic. Generally, the procedure takes about two hours to complete. Moreover, since the treatment is surgical, patients usually require local anesthesia. However, once the anesthesia wears off, patients can go home.
- During the procedure, the surgeon makes incisions in the ears.
- Generally, incisions are made at two different points:
- At the back of the ears (for protruding ears)
- Within the ears’ inner creases
- After making the incisions, the surgeon makes the required modifications in the treatment area. For instance, they will remove the excess skin and cartilage from the backside of the ear to reduce its size.
- On the other hand, if the ear volume needs to be increased, the surgeon will add cartilage grafts to the ear.
- In the end, the incisions are closed using stitches or sutures.
Like pre-op instructions, surgeons also provide post-op guidelines to their patients after Ear Surgery in Dubai. Some general post-op instructions are as follows:
- Use the prescribed medications regularly.
- Do not touch the treated area unnecessarily.
- Avoid making movements that can disturb the recovery and healing process.
- Regularly go for follow-up sessions with your surgeon to ensure a quick recovery.
- Avoid sleeping on the side for at least a few days.
Ear Surgery FAQs
Get a Free Consultation
Here at Euromed Clinic Center Dubai, we have a team of highly qualified surgeons with extensive experience in Otoplasty. Moreover, we have a long list of happy and satisfied customers who got this treatment from our clinic. So, please schedule an appointment by filling the online form or give us a call to say goodbye to ear imperfections.