PRP Injection Therapy
Euromed Clinic is delighted to be at the forefront of the very latest medical practice in its use of Platelet Rich Plasma Procedures, or PRP injection in Dubai. Used by many famous athletes including Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal, PRPs are a new way to recover from injury. Conventional regenerative therapies like PRPs – platelet-rich plasma therapies use the patient’s own blood elements, namely platelets and cells, to provide natural benefits wherever they are needed.
CGF (Concentrated Growth Factors) simply take this proven technology to the next level.
How is CGF obtained?
Using your own blood, doctors are able to isolate and concentrate your platelets, which contain the highest concentration of the cells required for healing to take place. These platelets are then injected back into the injured area to reduce inflammation and begin the healing process. So if you think this cutting-edge technology could aid your recovery, book a consultation with our Orthopedic specialist today.
- Sports Injury: PRP treatment in Dubai can improve healing in soft tissue and bone. For example, increased numbers of cells and improved tendon strength have been noted in Achilles tendon injuries, and improved muscle regeneration has been shown in gastrocnemius (calf) muscle injuries following the treatment.
- Joint Repair: When used to treat patients with knee osteoarthritis, PRP treatment appeared to delay the progression of osteoarthritis, which is a progressive disease. PRP, which is produced from a patient’s own blood, delivers a high concentration of growth factors to arthritic cartilage that can potentially enhance healing.
- Degenerative Conditions: Patients with tendinitis of the Achilles tendon saw an overall improvement in pain and functionality after the PRP treatment. Platelet-rich plasma improves functionality and reduces recovery time in athletes with degenerative disease in their tendons.
- CGF offers a ground-breaking treatment for Osteoarthritis (OA)
What are the advantages of using CGF?
- There are no additives in the preparations so there is ZERO chance of an allergic reaction
- It is the patient’s own blood so the treatment is entirely natural
- Non-surgical so there is very little recovery time.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) FAQs
How much does PRP treatment cost?
The cost of a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection depends upon factors like the geographic location, equipment used, and the number of sessions required, etc. Therefore, the exact cost can only be determined after the initial consultation session.
Can PRP injections cause blood clots?
Like a regular injection, a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection also uses a needle. Therefore, it can damage a vein or an artery causing a blood clot to appear. But it is a normal clot and can be easily treated.
What are the side effects of a PRP injection?
Some of the most common side effects associated with a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection are severe pain, soreness, infection, scar tissue, blood clotting, allergic reaction, skin discoloration, and calcification. Each individual experiences some or all of these side effects.
What is the success rate of PRP injections?
PRP injections are the latest way of stimulating new hair growth, therefore, there is insufficient clinical data available to prove its efficacy. However, a number of patients who used a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection have reported positively about it.
How painful is a PRP injection?
Normally, a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection does not cause any severe pain. However, this may vary depending on the patient's condition and the area being treated. Usually, the pain from the injection lasts for about 24-48 hours after the therapy.
Is PRP treatment permanent?
No, the results of a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection are not permanent. Usually, the results start showing after at least 6 months of treatment and the patient may need follow-up injections after every year.