Sculptra fillers are gradually establishing themselves as a viable substitute for a facelift, mainly due to their minimally invasive nature. They stimulate the natural collagen of our skin and restore its natural structure. With facial volume restored, the skin becomes fresher and more youthful. Sculptra fillers help achieve a rejuvenated appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Sculptra Fillers?
- 2 Which Areas can be Treated with Sculptra Fillers?
- 3 Who is the Ideal Candidate for Sculptra Injections?
- 4 What are the Aims of Sculptra Fillers?
- 5 Sculptra Fillers Preoperative Instructions
- 6 Step by Step Procedure of Sculptra Fillers
- 7 Sculptra Fillers Postoperative Instructions
- 8 Common Complications Associated with Sculptra Fillers
- 9 Recovery Time and Expected Results
- 10 Sculptra Fillers FAQs
- 11 Schedule A FREE Consultation Session
What are Sculptra Fillers?
Sculptra fillers are FDA-approved dermal fillers that contain poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), a biocompatible synthetic compound that helps regenerate collagen. When injected under the skin, these fillers help restore the skin’s volume, which may be lost due to aging or disease. They also help treat deep lines, folds, and creases to help you regain younger-looking skin.
Sculptra Fillers are a one-time procedure most of the time, but some patients may need 3 to 4 sessions to achieve the desired results.
Which Areas can be Treated with Sculptra Fillers?
Sculptra injections are commonly used on the face, but they can also help treat other body areas. In general, these injections can successfully treat and add volume to the following areas:
- Nasolabial and Melolabial Folds
- Jaw Line
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Sculptra Injections?
Sculptra filler injections are most suitable for individuals with the following problems:
- Wrinkles and fine lines (These are reduced slowly and discretely by Sculptra Filler injections)
- Subcutaneous fat loss (lipoatrophy) due to a chronic condition like HIV
- Deficiencies related to nasolabial folds
What are the Aims of Sculptra Fillers?
Like any other cosmetic treatment, Sculptra fillers also aim to deliver specific results. Their main goal is to:
- Provide a younger-looking skin and fresher appearance.
- Boost confidence and self-esteem.
- Offer long-lasting and natural-looking results.
- Help rebuild facial structure after facial wasting due to HIV or AIDs.
Sculptra Fillers Preoperative Instructions
Before going to get the injections, make sure you follow the following instructions:
- Do not use any blood-thinning medication or aspirin for at least a week before the procedure. They increase the risk of excessive bleeding.
- All kinds of alcoholic and caffeinated drinks must be avoided for at least one day before the treatment.
- There should be no makeup on the treatment area when going for treatment.
- All details about pregnancy and any kind of allergies must be in the doctor’s knowledge.
- All prescribed medicines must be taken on time before and after the treatment.
These are some general guidelines. Your doctor will guide you about particular preoperative care if you have a specific condition.
Step by Step Procedure of Sculptra Fillers
The procedure of Sculptra injections is minimally invasive and is performed on an outpatient basis. Usually, the treatment procedure takes around 15 minutes to half an hour. Here are the steps involved in this procedure:
- The doctor will carefully disinfect the treatment area.
- Then, he will mark the sites for injection.
- A skin-numbing cream will be applied to the target area. If local anesthesia is required by a patient, it will be arranged by the doctor.
- The exact amount of fillers is assessed according to the patient’s requirement.
- Finally, the Sculptra filler is injected into the subcutis layer under the target areas.
- After the injection of fillers, an ice pack is applied to the treated area. This helps alleviate swelling, bruising, or discomfort. The doctor may also massage the area to distribute the injected filler evenly.
Sculptra Fillers Postoperative Instructions
Moderate swelling and bruising may occur after the Sculptra injections, and it is not usually a cause of concern. Your doctor will suggest a few guidelines to reduce swelling and bruising. Here is a brief overview of those guidelines:
- After the treatment, you may be advised to use an ice pack on the treated area for five minutes five times a day for five days. This will help reduce swelling and bruising.
- Regularly take medicines prescribed by the doctor to alleviate discomfort.
- Avoid facials and massages for at least two weeks.
- Avoid strenuous activities or exercises for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Regular makeup application can resume a week after the treatment.
Common Complications Associated with Sculptra Fillers
Sculptra fillers do come with some complications. However, most of these complications and side effects are only temporary and will subside with time. But if something concerns you or does not seem normal, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Some common complications of Sculptra fillers include:
- Infection or allergy
- Pain and discomfort
Recovery Time and Expected Results
There is minimal to no downtime for Sculptra fillers. The treatment is performed on an outpatient basis, and you can resume your regular activities within a day. The results will start appearing in a few weeks. Although the results are not permanent, they are long-lasting compared to other fillers. However, you may be required to have follow-up sessions to maintain the results.
Sculptra Fillers FAQs
How long does Sculptra filler last?
The result from Sculptra fillers can last for 2-3 years after completing the series of treatments. Other fillers only last for a year which makes Sculptra a better choice.
Is Sculptra better than Juvederm?
According to most doctors and patients, Sculptra is better than Juvederm if you want wrinkle-free skin. However, Juvederm show results very quickly.
Does Sculptra look natural?
Sculptra stimulates collagen, and collagen naturally rids you of all the fine lines and wrinkles. Complete results from Sculptra fillers take time, but they are completely natural.
Schedule A FREE Consultation Session
Do you want to rejuvenate your face with appropriate fullness and a plumped-up appearance? Sculptra Fillers treatment at EuroMed Clinic Dubai may be the answer to your concerns. For more information or to book a consultation, call us at +971 4 394 5422 or fill out the form below.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Ken ArashiroPhysician Specialist Plastic Surgery
Dr. Ken Arashiro is a seasoned plastic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience in this field. He is certified by several prestigious organizations and licensed by the Dubai Health Authority.Read more