Sometimes extreme weight loss leaves loose and excess skin on your thighs that affects your appearance. A healthy diet and regular exercise also fail to remove this sagging skin. However, an advanced procedure known as Thigh Lift is now available to make your thighs firmer and tighter.
Thigh lift surgery is a cosmetic treatment used to reshape the thighs by removing excess fat and skin. Also known as thighplasty, it is an effective option for people who want to have perfectly contoured inner thighs.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Should You Get a Thigh Lift?
- 2 Who is an Ideal Candidate?
- 3 How to Prepare for the Treatment?
- 4 Thigh Lift Techniques
- 5 How is the Procedure Performed?
- 6 Post-Op Guidelines
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Thigh Lift Before and After
- 9 Benefits
- 10 Thigh Lift FAQs
- 11 Get a Free Consultation
Why Should You Get a Thigh Lift?
If you have developed loose skin on thighs due to
- Massive weight loss
- Botched plastic surgery
- Physical trauma
You should get thigh lift surgery in Dubai. It will correct the proportion and contours of your thighs and makes the skin smoother. The thigh lift procedure is performed in combination with liposuction to attain the desired results.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
You can be the right candidate for thigh lift in Dubai if:
- Your thighs are uneven.
- There is sagging skin on your thighs
- There are excess fat pockets in your thighs.
- You have a stable weight.
- You have good mental and physical health.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
There are specific guidelines that you need to follow to prepare yourself for the surgery. Some of the standard pre-treatment instructions are;
- Share your medical history with the doctor.
- Let your surgeon know about the medicines you use.
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines and herbal supplements.
Thigh Lift Techniques
Two primary techniques are used to perform thigh lift Dubai. One is a medial or inner thigh lift, and the other is termed lateral or outer thigh lift.
Medial or Inner Thigh Lift – In this technique, an incision is made in the groin area or vertically along the inner thigh to remove excess skin and fat.
Lateral or Outer Thigh Lift – It removes extra skin and fats from the outer region of the thighs. This technique involves making an incision in the groin area that extends around the buttocks.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Thigh lift surgery a medical procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and under general anesthesia. The procedure consists of the following steps;
- In the first step, the treatment area is cleaned.
- After that, general anesthesia is injected to numb the targeted area.
- Your surgeon will make incisions according to the technique selected and the goals of the patient.
- Once the incisions are made, the surgeon will remove excess fat and skin and tighten the soft tissues.
- In the last step, the incisions are closed with stitches.
Your surgeon will provide you some post-op instructions that ensure a smooth recovery. These instructions include;
- Use ice packs to reduce the swelling.
- Keep the legs elevated during the first week.
- Avoid taking a shower for at least five days. It helps in avoiding infection.
- Refrain from strenuous activities for four weeks.
- Wear compression garments for two weeks.
The recovery time after thigh lift varies from person to person. You will feel severe pain around the thighs during the first two days after the surgery. However, it will subside after two days. Moreover, you will also experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the recovery phase. Your surgeon will prescribe medicines to tackle these conditions.
In addition to this, the drainage pipes are attached to the incisions that drain the excess blood and fluids. The surgeons recommend taking off from work for two weeks.
Thigh Lift Before and After
Thigh lift Dubai has the following benefits;
- It makes your thighs well-contoured, firmer, and tighter.
- Improves the overall appearance of the thighs and body.
- Boosts your self-confidence.
- Provides natural-looking results.
- Removes extra fat and skin from your outer and inner thighs.
Thigh Lift FAQs
How much does thigh lift cost in Dubai?
On average, the thigh lift cost starts from AED 25000. However, it is not an exact cost and varies from case to case. The price depends on factors like the technique being used to perform the procedure or the clinic's location. Therefore, it is preferred to consult with an expert to know the exact cost.
Are the results permanent?
The results of a thigh lift surgery are long-lasting, and you can keep them by maintaining a stable weight and following a diet plan.
Is it painful?
You will feel pain during the recovery phase for which painkillers are prescribed. However, there will be no discomfort or pain during the procedure because it is performed under local anesthesia.
How long does it take to perform the surgery?
The time required to perform the surgery varies from patient to patient, depending upon the patient's requirements. Generally, the surgery takes around 3 hours to complete.
What are the alternate methods to thigh lift?
If you are not willing to undergo a surgical procedure, you can undergo alternative methods. Some of the common alternatives to thigh lift surgery are;
Laser skin tightening
Get a Free Consultation
If you are thinking of getting a thigh lift in Dubai, visit Euromed Clinic Center. We have a team of expert plastic surgeons who specialize in performing thigh lift surgery. You can consult with them before getting the procedure to learn more about the treatment. Please visit our clinic or fill in the online form to get a free personalized consultation.