The facial skin loses elasticity as you age. As a result, fine lines and wrinkles appear on your face. In addition to this, the effects of gravity also contribute and make your skin sag, due to which you look older than your actual age. With the help of facelift surgery, you can tighten the facial skin and get rid of aging signs like wrinkles resulting in a much younger-looking appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Facelift?
- 2 Who is a Candidate for Facelift?
- 3 What is the Aim of Treatment?
- 4 Which Technique is Used in Facelift?
- 5 How to Prepare for the Facelift?
- 6 Procedure
- 7 Post-Op Care
- 8 Benefits
- 9 Before & After
- 10 How Much Does Facelift Cost in Dubai?
- 11 Facelift Questions You Asked
- 12 Schedule a Free Consultation
What is Facelift?
Facelift surgery is a cosmetic procedure that lifts and tightens the sagging facial skin. Also known as a Rhytidectomy, it improves the visible signs of aging on the face and neck area. Both surgical and non-surgical techniques are used to perform the facelift procedure.
Who is a Candidate for Facelift?
The ideal candidate for a facelift in Dubai is someone who:
- Does not have any skin disease.
- Has realistic expectations from the treatment
- Is a non-smoker
- Is in good health
- Has strong bone structure and good skin elasticity.
- Has loose skin on the face and neck that causes wrinkles.
What is the Aim of Treatment?
Facelift surgery in Dubai can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Deep fold lines between the nose and corners of the mouth
- Sagging is caused by the relaxation of the facial skin
- Loss of facial fat
- Jowls developing in the jaws and cheeks
- Excess fat deposits and loose skin on the neck that appears as a double chin or ‘turkey neck’.
Which Technique is Used in Facelift?
A facelift has various techniques, and your plastic surgeon can help you identify the best one based on your concerns and goals. Some of the commonly used facelift techniques are;
Surgical: It is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. It involves pulling back a flap of skin on each side of the face and surgically altering the tissues below the skin. Consequently, the facial contours improve, and you look more youthful. A neck lift (platysmaplasty) is often part of the surgical facelift.
Non-Surgical: A non-surgical or non-invasive facelift does not involve incisions to turn back the aging clock on the face. Some of the significant non-surgical facelift techniques include the liquid facelift and Ultherapy, also known as the ‘Hollywood facelift.’ Both of these techniques tighten and rejuvenate your facial contours without surgery.
How to Prepare for the Facelift?
Preoperative care is simple. The patient needs to follow the instructions to get the best possible results from facelift Dubai.
- Wear a loose and comfortable shirt with buttons.
- Take someone with you on the treatment day who could drive you home.
- Purchase the supplies such as ointments, clean gauze, napkins, and ice bags.
Facelift surgery is performed under general anesthesia to reduce the discomfort and relax the facial muscles. The whole procedure can take approximately 2 to 6 hours, depending on the extent of the problem.
- In the first step, anesthesia is administered, and incisions are made.
- The length of incisions varies depending on the technique. For example, a mini facelift requires small incisions that start above the ear and end around the front side of the ear.
- After making the incisions, the surgeon will lift and tighten the skin.
- Also, he will remove the excess skin and fat to improve the contours of your face.
- In the last step, the incisions are closed with stitches.
Postoperative care is also essential to get the required results. If the surgical technique is used, the patient will need some downtime to ensure proper healing.
- Follow the guidelines of the doctor.
- Do not touch or rub the facial skin.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food.
- Remove the bandages and stitches as per the appointed time.
Facelift Dubai has promising benefits to offer, which include;
- A facelift makes you look younger than your age.
- Corrects the skin sagginess, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Offers long-lasting results.
- You look attractive and confident.
Before & After
How Much Does Facelift Cost in Dubai?
The cost of a facelift depends on different factors, so it is not possible to give the exact price of the procedure. These factors include:
- The expertise of the doctor
- Facelift technique selected
- Nature of the skin concerns
- Location of the treatment facility
At EuroMed Clinic, the average starting cost of a facelift is AED 45,000. However, you should consult with an expert surgeon to know the exact quote relevant to your case.
Facelift Questions You Asked
Is Facelift Procedure Safe?
Yes, the procedure is 100% safe. All you need is to hire an experienced surgeon for your treatment.
How Long Facelift Surgery Last?
It depends on different factors. Usually, the results last for 6-10 years, and you can also enjoy its benefits for the rest of your life.
Is it painful?
The procedure is performed under anesthesia, so you may not feel any pain during the treatment. However, as the effect of anesthesia subsides, you may feel some discomfort and pain. The doctors prescribe painkillers to manage pain during the recovery procedure.
How long does it take to recover after a facelift?
It can take almost four weeks to recover after getting a surgical facelift treatment. You will experience pain, swelling, and discomfort during the first week. However, all these conditions will subside in the second week. During the third week, the stitches are removed, and you feel better. The healing phase is completed in the fourth week.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you want to know more about facelift in Dubai or have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. To book a free consultation online, you need to call us or fill the short form. Our facelift surgeons have vast experience that has increased the success rate of the procedure.