Are you looking to rejuvenate your appearance and reverse your aging signs with advanced cosmetic procedures? Consider Facelift in Dubai!
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Facelift?
- 2 What are the Benefits of Facelift
- 3 Before & After Treatment Results
- 4 Who is an Ideal Candidate for a Facelift Procedure?
- 5 How to Prepare for Facelift Surgery?
- 6 What is the Procedure of Facelift Surgery?
- 7 What are the Different Facelift Techniques?
- 8 Facelift Post-Op Instructions
- 9 What are Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures?
- 10 Common Complications Associated with Facelift Surgery
- 11 How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
- 12 Does a Facelift Last Forever?
- 13 What is the Difference Between a Mini-Lift and a Full Facelift?
- 14 Is the Procedure Painful?
- 15 What is the Best Age for a Facelift?
- 16 How Long Does the Results of Facelift Surgery Last?
- 17 Why Choose Facelift Surgery at Euromed Clinic?
- 18 Consult Our Expert Surgeons
What is a Facelift?
A facelift, clinically known as rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical treatment to make your face look younger by targeting moderate to severe skin aging. This procedure smoothes skin folds on the jawline and cheeks and is an excellent solution for heavy sags and jowls. However, it doesn’t treat fine lines and wrinkles but can reduce their appearance.
What are the Benefits of Facelift
A facelift offers numerous benefits for your facial appearance, such as:
- This cosmetic procedure can tighten the skin on your cheeks and jawline and redefine your neck.
- It removes those unsightly jowls.
- If performed correctly, a facelift removes deep creases on the face and neck.
- To some extent, it offers natural results.
Before & After Treatment Results
Who is an Ideal Candidate for a Facelift Procedure?
Sagging skin and deep creases dampen your facial beauty and make you look aged, sometimes more than your actual age. This is a significant concern for people who care about their aesthetics. Luckily, they can get help from a facelift, a surgical procedure that restores youthfulness by reducing these aging signs. An ideal candidate for a facelift procedure is the one who:
- Is in good health condition and controlled weight
- Wants to look younger by tightening the sagging skin around the mouth, eyes, or jawline
- Can take proper care of the tightened skin in the future
- Has realistic expectations of the procedure
- Can cut off smoking, if not completely avoid it
How to Prepare for Facelift Surgery?
- Keep your skin moisturised and apply broad-spectrum sunscreen when going out.
- Maintain healthy eating habits by having a balanced diet. Also, avoid crash dieting, over-eating, and alcohol consumption, as they can affect overall well-being.
- Stop smoking, as it can impact your body’s ability to heal
- Get the prescribed lab tests done before the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin and supplements that may cause blood thinning.
- Take medications as directed by your practitioner.
- Stop eating or drinking the night before surgery.
What is the Procedure of Facelift Surgery?
- Before starting the facelift procedure, the surgeon administers anesthesia. The type of anesthesia depends on the nature of the treatment or the patient’s preferences.
- The facelift procedure generally involves lifting the skin and tightening the tissues and muscles. It may also include sculpting, removing, or moving fat in the face and neck.
- Once the tissues are tightened and repositioned, the surgeon redrapes the skin over the treated region, removes excess skin, and stitches the incisions.
What are the Different Facelift Techniques?
The pattern of incisions for a facelift depends on the preferred treatment technique. The most common facelift techniques include:
During this surgery, the surgeon makes incisions around the ears, hairline, and under the chin. The skin is then separated from the underlying tissues, after which the muscles and other structures supporting the face and neck are tightened. This procedure also includes removing the extra fat from the face and neck.
Mini-Facelift or MACS Surgery
It is a shorter facelift treatment that involves a limited incision, usually in front of the ears. This incision generally extends to the bottom of the earlobe. The surgeon pulls the skin and tissue at the incision site to create a tightened facial appearance. The excess skin is removed, and the incision is stitched or tape-closed.
Facelift With Neck Lift
A facelift is often combined with a neck lift, which involves removing excess fat and skin on the neck, particularly around the jawline. The purpose of a neck lift is to address age-related creasing and wrinkling in the neck area to give it a smoother, slimmer profile.
Facelift Post-Op Instructions
Ensure to adhere to the following instructions to avoid complications after a facelift.
- Apply ice to the face and neck for at least three days after surgery.
- Do not lift heavy objects or engage in strenuous physical activities for at least a week.
- Avoid any activity that involves the impact on the face or neck, such as football or other contact sports, for about ten days or until your doctor approves.
- Sleep with the head in an elevated position.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Contact your practitioner if you feel pain.
- Avoid ibuprofen as it can increase bleeding.
- Be particularly careful about your diet.
- Keep the incision area clean by washing it with soap and patting the skin dry three times a day. After that, clean the area with a hydrogen peroxide solution using a Q-tip. Mix hydrogen peroxide with an equal amount of warm water to prepare this solution.
What are Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures?
Non-surgical facelift procedures are intended to produce similar results as surgical procedures. However, these procedures are generally well-suited for individuals with a mild or moderate impact of aging on their facial appearance. Common non-surgical alternatives to a facelift include:
- HIFU – high-intensity focused ultrasound
- Liquid Facelift
- 8-Point Filler Facelift
- Fotona 4D Facelift
Common Complications Associated with Facelift Surgery
Facelift surgery doesn’t pose any serious threat to your overall health; still, there are some common risks associated with the procedure, as mentioned below:
- Adverse reaction to Anesthesia
- Hematoma, the appearance of clotted blood within the tissues
- Bleeding in the treated area
- Unsatisfied results
- Infection in rare cases
How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
The starting cost of a facelift in Dubai is AED 45,000. However, the price can fluctuate depending on the following factors:
- The expertise of the surgeon
- Facelift technique
- Goals of the patient
- The geographical location of the treatment facility
To get an accurate cost estimate for the procedure, consult with expert plastic surgeons.
Does a Facelift Last Forever?
No, a facelift doesn’t last forever. However, individuals can prolong their results by strictly adhering to postoperative care, healthy lifestyle practices, and avoiding smoking.
What is the Difference Between a Mini-Lift and a Full Facelift?
A mini-lift addresses the upper neck area and the jowls. However, a full facelift addresses both of these concerns, including the mid-face and full neck.
Is the Procedure Painful?
During the procedure, a local anesthetic is used to minimize the pain. However, you can expect mild to moderate pain after the procedure.
What is the Best Age for a Facelift?
It all depends on how prevalent your aging signs are and what are your expectations from the procedure. Generally, individuals in their 40s, 50s, and 60s opt for this cosmetic procedure but it is not bound to any age. Also, common sense suggests would a woman in her early 20s truly benefit from a facelift if she opts for it prematurely.
How Long Does the Results of Facelift Surgery Last?
Depending on how you maintain your body after the procedure. If a strict diet and proper exercise are followed, there is a genuine possibility that the results of a standard facelift surgery can last anywhere between 10 and 15 years. However, the duration span can vary among individuals.
Why Choose Facelift Surgery at Euromed Clinic?
Euromed Clinic is considered one of the most trusted clinics in Dubai for facelift surgeries. The clinic is bestowed with some globally renowned plastic surgeons and is equipped with state-of-the-art machinery. Furthermore, our satisfied patients’ reviews are a testament to our credibility, and we take pride in that.
Consult Our Expert Surgeons
For more information and consultation, please call Euromed Clinic at +971 4 394 5422.