Leading a healthy lifestyle consisting of exercise, a healthy diet, using sunscreen, and avoiding harmful substances such as tobacco can protect our skin and make us appear younger. However, the natural aging process will still catch on courtesy of genetics and environmental factors. This leads to the skin losing elasticity and gravity pulling it downwards resulting in the appearance of lines, wrinkles, loss of facial volume, and drooping of excess skin. A Facelift seeks to correct and pause the signs of the aging process resulting in a youthful appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Facelift?
- 2 Who is an ideal candidate for a facelift procedure?
- 3 Surprising Benefits of Facelift
- 4 Facelift Techniques
- 5 Before & After Treatment Results
- 6 How much does a facelift cost?
- 7 Facelift FAQs
- 8 Consult Our Expert Surgeons
What is Facelift?
A Facelift or Rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is performed to improve the visual signs of aging in the facial and neck areas. A facelift can improve the following signs of aging:
- Relaxed, sagging facial skin
- Loss of facial volume
- Crease lines or deep folds between the nose and corners of the mouth
- Jowls on the cheeks and jaws
- Loose, excess skin and fat in the neck that causes the appearance of a double chin
It should be noted that facelifts are cosmetic restorative procedures and that they cannot stop the aging process or your fundamental appearance.
Who is an ideal candidate for a facelift procedure?
Generally, to be a good candidate for a facelift you have to be:
- A nonsmoker
- A healthy person both psychologically and physically
- Positive about the procedure and have realistic expectations
In addition to this, you should be experiencing any of the above-mentioned signs of aging.
Surprising Benefits of Facelift
Here are the benefits of a facelift and how it can alter your appearance for the better:
- A facelift targets different signs of aging at once. A facelift can restore your youthful looks by targeting the different physical signs of aging on the neck and facial area in one single procedure. This includes addressing deep wrinkles and creases between the nose and mouth, wrinkles that extend from the mouth to the chin, sagging skin, excess fat, and a double chin.
- Tighten and firm saggy facial skin. With aging comes the depletion of collagen levels in our bodies. Collagen is a protein that helps to keep the skin tight and plump. Losing it leads to loose and sagging skin. A facelift removes excess skin and tightens the neck and facial muscles to restore a smooth youthful appearance.
- A facelift helps to get rid of a double chin or ‘turkey neck’. Having extra skin and excess fat around the neck area can lead to the appearance of a double chin, which can make you look older than you are. A facelift can address this concern by tightening and removing the excess skin and fat in the neck area.
- A facelift can eliminate the appearance of jowls. Jowls develop due to excessive sagging of the skin on the cheeks and chin. A facelift can recontour the upper neck area and jaw by firming the sagging skin resulting in a youthful jawline appearance.
- Helps to improve the appearance of deep wrinkles. Reduction in collagen levels also leads to the formation of deep wrinkles. A facelift procedure combined with dermal fillers can help reduce their appearance.
- There is no specific age for getting a facelift. There are several different facelift techniques that a person can choose from depending on the individual goals. People of different ages have different concerns and consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in facelift procedures will help you decide the right facelift technique for you.
- Facelift procedures are for both men and women. Men and women alike struggle with age-related appearance issues. A facelift addresses aging concerns for both genders but also keeps the anatomical differences in check.
- Inconspicuous surgical scars. Incisions made during a surgical facelift are well-hidden and leave no evidence that a cosmetic procedure has been done.
- A facelift can be done at the same time as other cosmetic procedures. A facelift can be done at the same time as other cosmetic procedures such as brow lift or blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) to better enhance the results.
- Natural-looking appearance. Modern facelift techniques involve procedures that skillfully tighten the skin to restore natural-looking and youthful contours without a ‘wind-blown’ appearance.
There are different facelift techniques and they are categorized to be either surgical or non-surgical.
- Traditional Facelift. Also known as the standard facelift, it addresses moderate to advanced signs of aging around the mid-face and neck areas. It is an extensive surgical procedure with dramatic results that can last between 10-15 years. The standard facelift can shave off 10 plus years off your appearance and that is why it is known as the gold standard of antiaging procedures.
- Neck lift. Also known as a lower rhytidectomy, it involves removing excess fat and skin from the neck. It addresses age-related creasing and wrinkling in the neck area resulting in a smoother, slimmer profile.
- HIFU. HIFU is an acronym for high intensity focused ultrasound and it is a non-invasive and painless alternative to a facelift. It uses focused ultrasound energy to target skin layers just below the surface. This results in increased collagen production leading to tighter, firmer skin.
- Ultherapy.This is the only non-invasive, FDA-approved procedure that lifts and tightens skin on the brow, chin, and neck areas while at the same time also addressing lines and wrinkles.
- Liquid Facelift This facelift technique involves the use of dermal fillers which are injected into the skin to improve the appearance of wrinkles and minimize sagging.
- 8 Point Filler Facelift. This involves the use of dermal fillers and targets 8 specific points on the face. It can plump and lift the cheeks, redefine the jawline, smooth the corners of the mouth, and soften fine lines resulting in a more symmetrical and youthful face.
- Fotona 4D Facelift. This facelift technique lifts and adds volume to the facial area without the need for toxins or fillers. It lifts the skin from the inside out resulting in immediate rejuvenation, glows, and tightening.
Before & After Treatment Results
How much does a facelift cost?
How much a facelift cost depends on several factors such as:
- The expertise of the surgeon
- Facelift technique being done
- Goals of the patient
- The geographical location of the treatment facility
The average starting price of a facelift at Euromed Clinic Dubai is AED 45,000. To get the exact cost of your procedure, consult with expert plastic surgeons.
Does facelift last forever?
The results of a facelift can be long-lasting but are not permanent. This is because the natural aging process will still take place.
What is the difference between a mini-lift and a full facelift?
A mini-lift is an abbreviated form of a facelift in which it addresses the upper neck regions and the jowls. A full facelift on the other hand addresses both of these concerns including the mid-face and full neck.
What is the best age for a facelift?
A facelift best works for individuals in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. However, this depends on how prevalent your aging signs are and your goals.
Consult Our Expert Surgeons
If you would like to know more about Facelift in Dubai, feel free to reach out to us. You can also book a free consultation by filling out our online form or calling us. We have board-certified plastic surgeons who are skilled in facial procedures and are ready to help you meet your aesthetic goals.